User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    The fruit is fine in moderation. I eat an apple, banana or mango as a snack on their own whenever my body wants it. In the past I went overboard with smoothies, fruits mixed with green vegatables like kale, spinach, lots of juices legumes and beans. All of these are laced with phytoalexins, phytoestrogens, oxalates,not to mention unwittingly consuming the chemicals sprayed on these vegetables which are zenoestrogens which all disrupt the endocrine system and turn people into soy boys

If you're talking fruit juice drinks thats a different story, as that will be converted to pure glucose in the body.

I mean you can thrive off that, i've done the 80-10-10 diet which is nothing but pure sugar through fruit and you're litterally on a manic high literally on it since the body is running on pure glucose/energy but is it healthy and sustainable in the long run?

Too much sugar if you have gut problems is definitely going to irritate the gut. Yeast, candida thrive off it. Before I had gut problems I rarely use to crave sweet things like cakes, sweets etc, but I had to work hard to get it under control and now dont have any much cravings for these kind of sugary sweet subtances

As for milk, I now limit the raw milk post workout since studies show it helps with repair muscles and aids recovery plus the calcium for bone strength and I was drinking it nearly every day so and making me a bit sleepy.

The theory on why those of us who are lacto intolerant can tolerate milk raw is because it isn't heated and processed like pasteurised milk which destroys the enzymes and probiotics so you can get complete nutritional profile from the milk since in pastruerised milke the calcicum and good fats are inhibited so it makes it naturally difficult to digest. I can also tolerate goats milk which I put in my coffee.

If I drink raw milk I don't get any stomach problems, no gas, no crampst if I did experience those things I would eliminate it to be on the safe side as you are doing now.

The trick is always to listen to your body regardless what studies or what any dr or study is suggesting is great since our genetic makeup is individual

I mean this guy thrives living on one meal per deal which is legumes, beans and some other vegetables and nutraceuticals supplements and he's a fucking beast. Would I follow his diet in this state? hell no!

Dr. Amen-Ra on , Aging, Male Mortality, and African American Longevity - YouTube

At the moment I'm tweaking my diet to be more anabolic and using carbs as tools for pre and post workout like how its laid out on the protocol. My digestion at the moment is really good, solid stools, no upset stomach, besides when I ate some bad supermarket fish at a friends dinner the other week, which I quickly recovered from while everyone else who ate it got bad food poisoning from. I will have a little carb like one piece of fruit before training, and then overload on carbs post workout to take advantage of the insulin response

Rest of the days, when non training I have high protein high fat, moderate carb diet which is similar to keto but not going into ketosis as over the long run going in full ketosis I found can become quit toxic to the body.

My own dietary guidelines which i found are working well so far, are only use juices to cleanse/repair/fast though I usually just water fast. Use and indulge in clean carbs for post workouts/ recovery and meat for maintenance anabolic hormone building, and small amounts of cruicerficrous and fermented vegetables as a side dish to compliment the meat from time to time for fibre, digestion and cleaning.

I've tried eating just meat on it's own and only made me constipated having to strain on the toilet.
    The 80/10/10 diet was something you tried for an extended period of time? But you found it unsustainable? I would like to hear more about why you ended that. I've felt pretty good on high fruit in the past. Sure, I gained weight but ultimately I felt it increased my mood and made me more stable. I didn't feel manic or extreme energy, in fact a lot of times drinking a lot of juice throughout the day would make me sleepier I think because of the lowered cortisol and adrenaline. But I'm not sure.

I'm definitely going to try the CDnut's recommended diet for at least a few months because so many people had good results with it here. It may be the right balance of carbs- enough to fuel the body when you need it, and not so much it burdens the liver and gut. I am thinking too many carbs and too much dairy/coffee could be the reason my gut is still in bad shape. I am annoyed that I never addressed it earlier, but oh well, it's never too late I suppose.

I've avoided most vegetables for a long time but I will try adding some in again like broccoli and brussel sprouts and see if that helps. Do you ever eat any of your meat raw? There is a guy on hackstasis who says that going RAW carnivore improved his brain fog a lot - and he had it real bad like ours.

I am also curious if you are using any more of the supplements recommended on totalmaleoptimization? You said vit D but what about the brain boosting supplements like bacopa, gotu kola, and l- theanine? I have all of these but am wonderring if I should take them all everyday or only as needed. I already take the herbal rotation and pine pollen each day, as well as b-vitamins and minerals.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slader1 View Post
    The 80/10/10 diet was something you tried for an extended period of time? But you found it unsustainable? I would like to hear more about why you ended that. I've felt pretty good on high fruit in the past. Sure, I gained weight but ultimately I felt it increased my mood and made me more stable. I didn't feel manic or extreme energy, in fact a lot of times drinking a lot of juice throughout the day would make me sleepier I think because of the lowered cortisol and adrenaline. But I'm not sure.

I'm definitely going to try the CDnut's recommended diet for at least a few months because so many people had good results with it here. It may be the right balance of carbs- enough to fuel the body when you need it, and not so much it burdens the liver and gut. I am thinking too many carbs and too much dairy/coffee could be the reason my gut is still in bad shape. I am annoyed that I never addressed it earlier, but oh well, it's never too late I suppose.

I've avoided most vegetables for a long time but I will try adding some in again like broccoli and brussel sprouts and see if that helps. Do you ever eat any of your meat raw? There is a guy on hackstasis who says that going RAW carnivore improved his brain fog a lot - and he had it real bad like ours.

I am also curious if you are using any more of the supplements recommended on totalmaleoptimization? You said vit D but what about the brain boosting supplements like bacopa, gotu kola, and l- theanine? I have all of these but am wonderring if I should take them all everyday or only as needed. I already take the herbal rotation and pine pollen each day, as well as b-vitamins and minerals.
    lol Oh boy where do I begin in terms of answering how unsustainable that ridiculous diet is.

Firstly it's very expensive and inconvenient buying trolley loads worth full of fruits just to get enough calories for the day.

Secondly you are consuming ridiculous amounts of fructose sugar, consuming fruits that are not in season, without getting any fats or much bio available protein. I as always hungry and craving real food. Bloated and losing weight real fast, in despite of meeting calorific requirements for my body weight,

I followed it for about a month before throwing in the towel and thank God I did. I use to hang on to every word of Dr Doug Graham , Dr Moss and his minions and you only have to look at the state of them today to see how far they've degenerated on a fruitarian diet to know that it isn't sustainable or good for long term health.

The dr now looks like a scaly lizard, most of his followers have sunken eyes, dehydrated skin and generally look like zombies. There's a guy named RawBliss who is a hardcore fruitarian and was on a verge of death from malnutrition until this month when he started eating properly again and now he's no longer a bag of bones instead of blaming it on indian fruit

Why Im So Skinny (My Response) - YouTube

The body needs a variation of different foods to get adequate amounts of fats, proteins and some fibres to assist digestion. A strictly fruitarian high sugar diet is only going to make yeast, mould and fungus stronger

I know there are people who are on the carnivore diet, but in my opinion that is another extreme diet fad that can only work for a short peroid before you get sick again. As omnivores we are meant to consume both meat and vegatables/fruits in balance to our individual nutritional needs.

And no I don't eat raw meat because of the risks, I don't care if it's grass fed, even if the animal is cut up in front of me. I bought some steak this week from the local butchers,the man told me it's the finest cuts he's got, the best of the best and told me to come back and tell him how great it was, and then when I got home and cooked it, it smelt partially off and didn't taste very fresh. Now if I was dumb enough to eat that shit raw I'd most likely have gotten terribly sick. Grass fed animals are not immune from getting infected or carrying deadly bacteria. I mean there are some omnivores eating raw pork, which is again in imo is ridiculously stupid and dangerous.

Anyway my brain fog is all but gone now, so I don't entertain those ridiculous diets anymore and Cdunts diet works because it's scientifically backed up. Its very similar to Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Anabolic diet with it's phase shifting from low card days to high carb backloading days and his diet has been working for athletes since the 90's. The only difference is Dr Mauro recommends the carb feasting stage on the weekends, where you go all out on the carbs

Eating this way I feel strong, don't have any cravings for junk, feel satiated and go hours without experiencing hunger even though I have a fast metabolism and gut is healing nicely, solid effortless stools 2x a day and best of all it's simple.

In fact nearly every aspect of this protocol is scientifically sound and verifiable and relatively simple. Even the deep breathing which you haven't been doing is scientifically verifiable and easy to do yet highly beneficial.

I do take nootropics but haven't really been consistent with them but there is no harm taking them every day.

The ones I take are take Alpha GPC, phenylalanine, and L-Theanine. Will try bacopa in future but at the moment the deep breathing is enough for me. The daoists swear by it for longivity and regeneration and it is doing wonders so far.

Other supps I take besides the ones I already mentioned are ionic and transdermal magnesium and d'arco tea from time to time.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    80-10-10....been there, done that. Man.....one of the roughest times of my life. That was back in my Panama days with Doug Grahm and Loren Lockman. Loren was a nice guy, but the diets they preach aside from doing them for detoxing, they are NOT sustainable, at all. Expecially if you're Caucasian.... you're a caveman, bottom line, you need animal protein and fat....that is how your snowman ass evolved. The fruitarian cult they have going on over there is a bit scary....lol. They all look horrible but lie to them selves and tell each other how young they look. I spent months with them....I'm talking from experience....lol.

@slader1 The brain supps can be rotated as well. Or you can run one for a few weeks at a time and then switch. Try it out, play with it. See what works best for you.

And you really got to get on the breathing my man. It's a GAME CHANGER when done properly and consistently.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-19-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    lol Oh boy where do I begin in terms of answering how unsustainable that ridiculous diet is.

Firstly it's very expensive and inconvenient buying trolley loads worth full of fruits just to get enough calories for the day.

Secondly you are consuming ridiculous amounts of fructose sugar, consuming fruits that are not in season, without getting any fats or much bio available protein. I as always hungry and craving real food. Bloated and losing weight real fast, in despite of meeting calorific requirements for my body weight,

I followed it for about a month before throwing in the towel and thank God I did. I use to hang on to every word of Dr Doug Graham , Dr Moss and his minions and you only have to look at the state of them today to see how far they've degenerated on a fruitarian diet to know that it isn't sustainable or good for long term health.

The dr now looks like a scaly lizard, most of his followers have sunken eyes, dehydrated skin and generally look like zombies. There's a guy named RawBliss who is a hardcore fruitarian and was on a verge of death from malnutrition until this month when he started eating properly again and now he's no longer a bag of bones instead of blaming it on indian fruit

Why Im So Skinny (My Response) - YouTube

The body needs a variation of different foods to get adequate amounts of fats, proteins and some fibres to assist digestion. A strictly fruitarian high sugar diet is only going to make yeast, mould and fungus stronger

I know there are people who are on the carnivore diet, but in my opinion that is another extreme diet fad that can only work for a short peroid before you get sick again. As omnivores we are meant to consume both meat and vegatables/fruits in balance to our individual nutritional needs.

And no I don't eat raw meat because of the risks, I don't care if it's grass fed, even if the animal is cut up in front of me. I bought some steak this week from the local butchers,the man told me it's the finest cuts he's got, the best of the best and told me to come back and tell him how great it was, and then when I got home and cooked it, it smelt partially off and didn't taste very fresh. Now if I was dumb enough to eat that shit raw I'd most likely have gotten terribly sick. Grass fed animals are not immune from getting infected or carrying deadly bacteria. I mean there are some omnivores eating raw pork, which is again in imo is ridiculously stupid and dangerous.

Anyway my brain fog is all but gone now, so I don't entertain those ridiculous diets anymore and Cdunts diet works because it's scientifically backed up. Its very similar to Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Anabolic diet with it's phase shifting from low card days to high carb backloading days and his diet has been working for athletes since the 90's. The only difference is Dr Mauro recommends the carb feasting stage on the weekends, where you go all out on the carbs

Eating this way I feel strong, don't have any cravings for junk, feel satiated and go hours without experiencing hunger even though I have a fast metabolism and gut is healing nicely, solid effortless stools 2x a day and best of all it's simple.

In fact nearly every aspect of this protocol is scientifically sound and verifiable and relatively simple. Even the deep breathing which you haven't been doing is scientifically verifiable and easy to do yet highly beneficial.

I do take nootropics but haven't really been consistent with them but there is no harm taking them every day.

The ones I take are take Alpha GPC, phenylalanine, and L-Theanine. Will try bacopa in future but at the moment the deep breathing is enough for me. The daoists swear by it for longivity and regeneration and it is doing wonders so far.

Other supps I take besides the ones I already mentioned are ionic and transdermal magnesium and d'arco tea from time to time.
    Interesting, thanks for explaining all that. I think that style 80/10/10 diet is on to the idea of strengthening the metabolism but ultimately falls short because it doesn't provide adequate protien and nutrients. Sugar and many nutrients found in fruit are akin to pushing the accelerator, they are burning gas and making you run stronger and faster. But if you neglect to get enough calcium, saturated fat and other maintenance minerals then various bodily processes will be lacking. I could easily see that leading to burnout after just a few months. That is why the doctor is so skinny and his skin looks ancient, he never gets any protien, collagen, or calcium.

Likewise I think a diet that is devoid of carbohydrates will ultimately slow you down, hinder the thyroid, and prevent one from functioning optimally. This is why I'm starting to see @cdnut's carb cycling as a perfect balance between pushing metabolism and supporting nutrition.

However, I personally still feel best eating carbs. My energy and mood are better with carbs. It makes me want to eat them every day and not just post workout.

Oddly enough, I tried some raw milk today and my stools seemed to improve. I think my gut flora may have somehow adapted to be able to handle milk better than meat. I have been having a lot more of loose stools and constipation since trying carnivore style dieting. Maybe I will have to try cutting back fully on the supplements, and see if that is irritating my bowel too.

I have started to do the breathing regularly. I definitely feel more calm after it. Maybe a little more focussed too. I am hopeful that consistency+time=improvement!
    Last edited by slader1; 01-22-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slader1 View Post
    Interesting, thanks for explaining all that. I think that style 80/10/10 diet is on to the idea of strengthening the metabolism but ultimately falls short because it doesn't provide adequate protien and nutrients. Sugar and many nutrients found in fruit are akin to pushing the accelerator, they are burning gas and making you run stronger and faster. But if you neglect to get enough calcium, saturated fat and other maintenance minerals then various bodily processes will be lacking. I could easily see that leading to burnout after just a few months. That is why the doctor is so skinny and his skin looks ancient, he never gets any protien, collagen, or calcium.

Likewise I think a diet that is devoid of carbohydrates will ultimately slow you down, hinder the thyroid, and prevent one from functioning optimally. This is why I'm starting to see @cdnut's carb cycling as a perfect balance between pushing metabolism and supporting nutrition.

However, I personally still feel best eating carbs. My energy and mood are better with carbs. It makes me want to eat them every day and not just post workout.

Oddly enough, I tried some raw milk today and my stools seemed to improve. I think my gut flora may have somehow adapted to be able to handle milk better than meat. I have been having a lot more of loose stools and constipation since trying carnivore style dieting. Maybe I will have to try cutting back fully on the supplements, and see if that is irritating my bowel too.

I have started to do the breathing regularly. I definitely feel more calm after it. Maybe a little more focussed too. I am hopeful that consistency+time=improvement!
    All that being said, the more you practice the breathing, the easier it gets and the better the results become. Glad you started to see it!
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little update on week 3 andro cycle

Feeling very lethargic,sluggish and unmotivated. Had a shitty stressful week last week which didn't help and was around a girl who has some very bad eating habits which I picked up and kind of messed up my momentum.

So ended up eating cakes, burgers and some sweets lol which has brought the psoriasis back with a vengeance and don't feel good generally at all, besides only the brain fog hasn't returned.

Libido is pretty much non existent although I'm waking up with boners every morning and sensitivity has improved slightly

But what's killing me is the depressive low lethargy, aggression seems to have gone and generally experiencing feelings of frustration that I'm having to deal with this shit though I know I can't avoid the reality of the situation, just got to accept and face it head on and understand there are going to be set backs.

Positives

Brain fog gone
    Voice is a bit stronger
    Little more sensitivity downstairs
    Gaining weight,strength and muscle

Negatives

No libido
    Depression little to no motivation
    Testicle is still shrunken
    Psoriasis came back from the dead
    Ran out of bone broth, magnesium, vitamin C and iodine
    Grass fed Meat to sustain yourself on is expensive as fuck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm feeling really really fucked today, guys.

I have absolutely no energy, completely exhausted even doing the basics is hard work.

I even tried lightly work out with some jump rope and had no energy to complete the tas

Hope this is not suppressive shut down at only week 4 on andro. Don't know whether to stop or keep going for another week or two since
    I got stuff to be working on and have no energy for it. See if I can ride it out and things pick back up in a day or two. If not may well have to cut the cycle short and jump backon the herb rotation.

I have orderd more magnesium, vitamin c and some mineral complex which should arrive tomorrow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felt a small surge of energy yesterday afternoon and has stayed with me so feel like back to a decent baseline level again

It was like I crashed the last two days as I felt completing done in.

Anxious, extreme fatigue, some brain fog coming back, agitation and irritability, lost of confidence, terrible balance when rising

Thank the lords that's passed

It must have been a rebound effect of the crazy eating from last week rather than the andro, I don't know but gonna continue on to the finish line regardless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished 1st Andro cycle and had mixed results.First week the best had great energy, motivation and some periods of waking up with decent libido. Then 3rd and 4th week had some terrible lack of energy, demotivation.

Last week I was feeling very bad mentally, feelings of hopelessness severe lack of motivation etc so did more meditation, like 30 mins in the morning, 30 mins at night, specialised trauma release body work, deep relaxation through yoga

As a result my mind is now clear, no brain fog, no more confused thinking and no more OCD, no more irritability, no longer get super stressed. It's as if I gone through a catharsis . Clarity is up to 8/10 I'm experiencing mood brightening effects too but my emotions are still cut off so feel like a robot zombie only with super clarity. Early this week it was like I was experiencing life through 3rd person view which was really weird. Dreams are becoming surreal, very vivid, then waking up and feeling my spirit slowly come back inside my body after dreaming

Right now I'm working on finding ways to bring my emotions back, only now do I realise how much I miss them. Through years I just got use to not having any emotions, at times feeling like a psychopath, I could do certain things I wanted without feeling regret and not care about certain things, but now I want all that back

Besides that the last few days I haven't been getting any morning wood which is concerning and unusual but I'm remaining calm for now. Penis is more sensitive I can feel it in my pants, but still no body to penis connection but other night could achieve an erection from just thinking which was good. Just started back on the herbs yesterday on black maca, going to do tongkat plus hard short workout and take in some duck liver which I hope pick things back up

And 1st time I used MCT oil yesterday and found it really works for IT fasting, a bit too well., I did not experience any hunger pangs or cravings after drinking it which I wasn't really expecting even though I had it marketed as such, just thought of it as sales pitch. I bought it more for gut health to go along side vitamin bounty pro 50. Usually i would fast until 12 and be chomping at the bit to eat. Yesterday I could have fasted for the whole day and not noticed. I didn't eat until 2pm and even though it was only because I willed myself to eat since I needed some fuel for HIT training lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up this morning with aggressive morning wood that took a few mins to go away, so things seem to be still functioning all right downstairs and no shut down from Andro but noticedit's slightly swaying towards the left which is really concerning as my penis has always been pinpoint straight when erect.

Hopefully it resolves on it's own and it's just a blood flow issue since I hadn't had a solid erection since monday.