Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
The fruit is fine in moderation. I eat an apple, banana or mango as a snack on their own whenever my body wants it. In the past I went overboard with smoothies, fruits mixed with green vegatables like kale, spinach, lots of juices legumes and beans. All of these are laced with phytoalexins, phytoestrogens, oxalates,not to mention unwittingly consuming the chemicals sprayed on these vegetables which are zenoestrogens which all disrupt the endocrine system and turn people into soy boys

If you're talking fruit juice drinks thats a different story, as that will be converted to pure glucose in the body.

I mean you can thrive off that, i've done the 80-10-10 diet which is nothing but pure sugar through fruit and you're litterally on a manic high literally on it since the body is running on pure glucose/energy but is it healthy and sustainable in the long run?

Too much sugar if you have gut problems is definitely going to irritate the gut. Yeast, candida thrive off it. Before I had gut problems I rarely use to crave sweet things like cakes, sweets etc, but I had to work hard to get it under control and now dont have any much cravings for these kind of sugary sweet subtances

As for milk, I now limit the raw milk post workout since studies show it helps with repair muscles and aids recovery plus the calcium for bone strength and I was drinking it nearly every day so and making me a bit sleepy.

The theory on why those of us who are lacto intolerant can tolerate milk raw is because it isn't heated and processed like pasteurised milk which destroys the enzymes and probiotics so you can get complete nutritional profile from the milk since in pastruerised milke the calcicum and good fats are inhibited so it makes it naturally difficult to digest. I can also tolerate goats milk which I put in my coffee.

If I drink raw milk I don't get any stomach problems, no gas, no crampst if I did experience those things I would eliminate it to be on the safe side as you are doing now.

The trick is always to listen to your body regardless what studies or what any dr or study is suggesting is great since our genetic makeup is individual

I mean this guy thrives living on one meal per deal which is legumes, beans and some other vegetables and nutraceuticals supplements and he's a fucking beast. Would I follow his diet in this state? hell no!

Dr. Amen-Ra on , Aging, Male Mortality, and African American Longevity - YouTube

At the moment I'm tweaking my diet to be more anabolic and using carbs as tools for pre and post workout like how its laid out on the protocol. My digestion at the moment is really good, solid stools, no upset stomach, besides when I ate some bad supermarket fish at a friends dinner the other week, which I quickly recovered from while everyone else who ate it got bad food poisoning from. I will have a little carb like one piece of fruit before training, and then overload on carbs post workout to take advantage of the insulin response

Rest of the days, when non training I have high protein high fat, moderate carb diet which is similar to keto but not going into ketosis as over the long run going in full ketosis I found can become quit toxic to the body.

My own dietary guidelines which i found are working well so far, are only use juices to cleanse/repair/fast though I usually just water fast. Use and indulge in clean carbs for post workouts/ recovery and meat for maintenance anabolic hormone building, and small amounts of cruicerficrous and fermented vegetables as a side dish to compliment the meat from time to time for fibre, digestion and cleaning.

I've tried eating just meat on it's own and only made me constipated having to strain on the toilet.
The 80/10/10 diet was something you tried for an extended period of time? But you found it unsustainable? I would like to hear more about why you ended that. I've felt pretty good on high fruit in the past. Sure, I gained weight but ultimately I felt it increased my mood and made me more stable. I didn't feel manic or extreme energy, in fact a lot of times drinking a lot of juice throughout the day would make me sleepier I think because of the lowered cortisol and adrenaline. But I'm not sure.

I'm definitely going to try the CDnut's recommended diet for at least a few months because so many people had good results with it here. It may be the right balance of carbs- enough to fuel the body when you need it, and not so much it burdens the liver and gut. I am thinking too many carbs and too much dairy/coffee could be the reason my gut is still in bad shape. I am annoyed that I never addressed it earlier, but oh well, it's never too late I suppose.

I've avoided most vegetables for a long time but I will try adding some in again like broccoli and brussel sprouts and see if that helps. Do you ever eat any of your meat raw? There is a guy on hackstasis who says that going RAW carnivore improved his brain fog a lot - and he had it real bad like ours.

I am also curious if you are using any more of the supplements recommended on totalmaleoptimization? You said vit D but what about the brain boosting supplements like bacopa, gotu kola, and l- theanine? I have all of these but am wonderring if I should take them all everyday or only as needed. I already take the herbal rotation and pine pollen each day, as well as b-vitamins and minerals.