Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
I wouldn't neccessary rush things, when I think back I'm always glad I did it but same time it was often too early or I was way too stressed(mentally aswell) and waiting a bit would've been better. Especially my first fast LOL.
From my youtube studies(lel) it seems that it's good to get into ketosis prior a fast. If someone is in good ketosis it seems to take like 3 days to get most benefits out of a fast(when we solely look on autophagy), and if not it seems to be 6/7days. Altough prolonged fasts probably work on tons of levels which we don't get.
I'm not a fan of the keto diet since fk I love carbs and I think it's way harder to do than people want to admit, since it's still a moderate protein diet and probably not a optimal one. But cutting carbs for 2-3days out completely before fasting might help to 1) make the transition way easier, and 2) get benefits earlier and make every day we keep going more worthwhile. Since otherwise you're kinda just starving for 3-4days, and starving doesn't really have many benefits and puts huge stress on the body. I think ideal would be to feel better and better past 3 days with maybe some detox downtimes here and there. The fast is not a torture^^, just make very sure u don't fall of the wagon after the fast during refeed, this can set you back for months I think
My dikk etc didnt start working till like 2-3weeks after I stopped the fast if I remember right btw, there were no immediate effects to that.

I'm not sur what bile acids/salts? are, I'm pretty sure the ones I mentioned earlier with anything that helps to digest is probably good.
And I didn't recommend probiotics, maybe you mean prebiotics like sauerkraut starchy foods etc^^, those combined with minor probiotics ar probably good. But still this is different for everybody, pretty sure I had SiBo/Leaky gut early, probiotics would be very bad then.

And pls this is all just my opinion here, your decision what you do. J
Following CDsnuts protocol is probably the easiest and safest way which covers with the herbs probably everything, and from what I know he isn't a fan of repeated fasting.

and I wouldn't take random supps without reading well into possible side effects of pfs ppl
Yeah ideally it's great to reduce carbs before fasting or even just eating strictly fruits and vegs in the lead up like a vegan for a few days beforehand . Thats the ideal scenario, but I don't have much choice but to jump in the fast even though I'm not ideally prepped for it.

Working out feels like i've reached plateau where I've over trained as no strength increase, no pump and wasting time adding more stress. Even if you are fit and healthy you have to take rests from training. food isn't tasting great either, supps are not doing much, like I'm throwing money down the drain because, my body feels beaten up and can't process them which leads me to think my liver and gut needs a break to release all the shit. I had a dream last night of fasting and I feel thats what my body angling for me to do and ready for whatever turbulence. Mentally I feel good and positive about it.

I know it's not completely torture. There are peaks where you have great clarity and energy but then there are inevitable times you are bed ridden, then comes on the horrible metalic taste that arises in the mouth along with big nausea that you almost pass out. I'm an experienced faster done many short and weekly fasts so know what is coming, but in the end they always make me feel brand new

The bile acid I was talking about jarrow bile acid factors similar to ox bile, which is meant to help with fat adsorption

Regardless just going to stop all supps for 2 wees, let the water heal the body for a 5-7 days and then go on to the juice fast for another 5-7 days and should be recharged and fresh for the full recovery battle