Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herbal Preparation

How do you guys take the herbs?

With coffee? Toss and wash? As a tea?

Have you noticed increased effect by using any particular method?

So far I've only done toss and wash but I think I'm not getting total benefits.

I don't want to go wasting herbs by experimenting too much so any insight is helpful.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take mine mixed in with Yerba mate which is a natural cafinated tea first thing in the morning after I had glass of water with lemon.

Some I mix with smoothies such as the mucuna and maca as it's too thick of powder for the tea.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaker with water.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I take mine mixed in with Yerba mate which is a natural cafinated tea first thing in the morning after I had glass of water with lemon.

Some I mix with smoothies such as the mucuna and maca as it's too thick of powder for the tea.
    I'll try making most of the herbs into tea for the next few weeks. Hopefully I get more of a kick!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most all of them will be "brought out" by following their ingestion with caffeine....whatever amount you can tolerate. For the most part, I toss them down the hatch followed by about 8-16 oz of fresh water, then have a cup of good coffee.

When it comes to Lions Mane, I actually steep a teaspoon of it in hot water and make it a tea in it's own right. I add some honey and drink it down. It has a rather pleasant taste, comparatively so.

I do the same with shilijat pitch or resin as I feel it hits me much better when it's broken down in hot water.

That being said, with the rest of them, they work just fine by following the first method I mention.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the lion's mane (at least one version of it) is already a hot water extraction so I think might be redundant to heat it again no?

haven't used the shilajit in coffee yet, i'll find a twig or something to do it cuz the plastic thing in heat definitely not a good idea..

coffee before or after herbs truly matter? I usually do coffee first then herbs.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    the lion's mane (at least one version of it) is already a hot water extraction so I think might be redundant to heat it again no?

haven't used the shilajit in coffee yet, i'll find a twig or something to do it cuz the plastic thing in heat definitely not a good idea..

coffee before or after herbs truly matter? I usually do coffee first then herbs.
    It makes a big difference if you're using the 1:1 extracted product. I've never used the 8:1...that one would probably be redundant.

I don't use the shilijat in coffee...just hot water, and then I'll either drink it down like a black nasty shot, or mix it with some already made tea and honey.

And yeah, it makes a difference in the order you take them. It's not the be all end all, of course. Some Doctors will even tell patients that take pain meds, take the meds then wash it down with a cup of coffee. I think it has something to do with the caffeine speeding up the metabolism thus bringing the effects out of what ever is in your system quicker.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"