User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pine Pollen & Other T Boosters

Apologize for the new thread..I spent hours looking at existing threads and of course didn't see the one on pine pollen powder until after I posted. I think my questions are still unanswered though and would really appreciate any input.
    _________

Hey guys, new to the forum. Jumping on board with "the" protocol and have a few questions on T boosters. Re: pine pollen, if it contains actual testosterone, any idea why it wouldn't inhibit our own production of T over time like TRT? I've already had to deal with having my LH in the shitter before. Also re: pine pollen, I read that epitestosterone is a 5ar inhibitor (only "source" I can find on that is Wikipedia though) which would be a tad concerning to say the least. Any insights on this? It seems to be a miracle supplement per many on this site, Anabolic Men, etc., so don't want to skip it, but want to do my due diligence before jumping into taking something (sounds quite ironic, no? ) Last, as it seems that gut issues are a major contributor to our respective conditions, has anyone found any specific T boosters or other recommended supplements/dosages to be irritating to their healing guts?
    Last edited by Damn; 03-22-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Apologize for the new thread..I spent hours looking at existing threads and of course didn't see the one on pine pollen powder until after I posted. I think my questions are still unanswered though and would really appreciate any input.
    _________

Hey guys, new to the forum. Jumping on board with "the" protocol and have a few questions on T boosters. Re: pine pollen, if it contains actual testosterone, any idea why it wouldn't inhibit our own production of T over time like TRT? My LH is already in the shitter. Also re: pine pollen, I read that epitestosterone is a 5ar inhibitor (only "source" I can find on that is Wikipedia though) which would be a tad concerning to say the least. Any insights on this? It seems to be a miracle supplement per many on this site, Anabolic Men, etc., so don't want to skip it, but want to do my due diligence before jumping into taking something (sounds quite ironic, no? ) Last, as it seems that gut issues are a major contributor to our respective conditions, has anyone found any specific T boosters or other recommended supplements/dosages to be irritating to their healing guts?
    My gut had problems for awhile with ashwagandha. I tolerate it fine now but would have bought the tincture or avoided it altogether during the first few months had I have known.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    My gut had problems for awhile with ashwagandha. I tolerate it fine now but would have bought the tincture or avoided it altogether during the first few months had I have known.
    that means u might have a nightshade intolerance. try without tomatoes and peppers too.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Thanks. Been taking 1/2 TSP ash 2x day for quite a while now with no issues...Hoping that means I'm good to go with others.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done as much as 20 grams of ashwagandha powder. even at my worst it was able to knock me out for sleep at the dose. the hard part is getting that much down the pipe haha
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    _________

Hey guys, new to the forum. Jumping on board with "the" protocol and have a few questions on T boosters. Re: pine pollen, if it contains actual testosterone, any idea why it wouldn't inhibit our own production of T over time like TRT? My LH is already in the shitter. Also re: pine pollen, I read that epitestosterone is a 5ar inhibitor (only "source" I can find on that is Wikipedia though) which would be a tad concerning to say the least. Any insights on this? It seems to be a miracle supplement per many on this site, Anabolic Men, etc., so don't want to skip it, but want to do my due diligence before jumping into taking something (sounds quite ironic, no? ) Last, as it seems that gut issues are a major contributor to our respective conditions, has anyone found any specific T boosters or other recommended supplements/dosages to be irritating to their healing guts?

The phytoandrogens are identical to human androgens, but with the BIG advantage it doesnt activate the receptors of hormonal negative feedback system, so, the human body doesn't recognize it has too much androgens and don't take actions (transform testosterone in E2, suppress LH release and so on) to decrease its levels. You increase, witthout decrease.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausto Soares View Post
    The phytoandrogens are identical to human androgens, but with the BIG advantage it doesnt activate the receptors of hormonal negative feedback system, so, the human body doesn't recognize it has too much androgens and don't take actions (transform testosterone in E2, suppress LH release and so on) to decrease its levels. You increase, witthout decrease.
    Thanks Fausto! Any information on the epitestosterone 5ar inhibition question? I have found a couple studies that show that it is a "mild" inhibitor, but don't know if that means anything in the broader context...a lot of things have one effect when studied discretely and a completely different effect when used in a more natural context. I know there are a lot of guys on this site who are having positive results from it, but I am just a little gun shy when it comes to 5ar inhibition...I got totally f'd after taking Fin for only 10 days. Anybody care to comment?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Fausto! Any information on the epitestosterone 5ar inhibition question? I have found a couple studies that show that it is a "mild" inhibitor, but don't know if that means anything in the broader context...a lot of things have one effect when studied discretely and a completely different effect when used in a more natural context. I know there are a lot of guys on this site who are having positive results from it, but I am just a little gun shy when it comes to 5ar inhibition...I got totally f'd after taking Fin for only 10 days. Anybody care to comment?
    I read up on this after seeing your post. It seems like the body has a natural test/epitest ratio of 1:1. This is close to the ratio found in pine pollen (80:110) plus it contains other pro-androgens. I imagine that a naturally occurring hormone being consumed in its naturally occurring ratio shouldn't be suppressive?

That's my logic anyway

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BD. It is a pain in the ass trying to decipher these research studies sometimes as what happens in a controlled petri dish does not often represent what happens in the human body which is a system of systems that all play off of one another. That is one of the many reasons these forums are so important because people can share what they are actually experiencing.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks BD. It is a pain in the ass trying to decipher these research studies sometimes as what happens in a controlled petri dish does not often represent what happens in the human body which is a system of systems that all play off of one another. That is one of the many reasons these forums are so important because people can share what they are actually experiencing.
    I understand doing your due diligence, but everything in this protocol has been heavily vetted with our ultimate health in mind. If it was something that was detrimental to our health, it wouldn't be in there in the first place. Remember, this is what I personally used to heal myself from a pretty devastating case of PFS. If you want to see how bad I was, all of my posts are still over at PH from the time I started posting there (2007) up until the time I made my recovery post (2012)
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"