User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 ImpendingRecvry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What about coffee? Do you take coffee in the protocol? How about Bulletproof?

Hey guys,

I've had absolutely zero cafeine after starting the protocol because i thought this was the cause that i couldn't sleep well. At this point i have to point out that due to my work and research i was a "coffee adict" in the past 7-9 cups of coffee was my regular day.

About 6 months on the protocol i can say that with Ziziphus, albizia, Blue vervein, magnesium malate and glycine my sleep has improved. I can sometimes dream again(!).

I felt that by reading cdnuts website we wheren't supposed to drink coffee. However the past 10 days i think i may have been coming with a flu of some sort and i do have high fever with temperatures between (37.8 Celcius up to 39.5 Celcius) and even though i didn't accept antibiotics because i am too afraid the doc gave me a paracetamol pill* that after consuming for 5 days i read it also has 65mg's of cafeine! I have been taking two of those pills one at morning and one at afternoon so i have been taking 130mg's of cafeine for 5 days now. Even though i feel slugish due to this flu i have a great mood and i believe since i haven't changed anything in my protocol it could be the cafeine.

Is it safe to start drinking coffee at this point or should i wait more time within the protocol to start?

Are there any recomended brands that do not contain chemicals? I also saw in a lost empire herbs youtube video Logan making bulletproof coffee and i looked it up.

It seems ghee is a mechanism for bacopa to work even better and i've been thinking about trying bulletproof.

Any opinions on the case highly appreciated!

*This is the first pill that i took that isn't written in the protocol.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most guys do enjoy coffee in their road to recovery. Some people like Chi didn't however.

Listen to your body. I drink coffee but less than I used too to give my adrenals a break. eg) I do about 150-200mg caffeines worth daily. (before I did about 330mg)

and then once or twice a week I'll do like 600mg caffeine if I need a huge energy lift for the day.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    most guys do enjoy coffee in their road to recovery. Some people like Chi didn't however.

Listen to your body. I drink coffee but less than I used too to give my adrenals a break. eg) I do about 150-200mg caffeines worth daily. (before I did about 330mg)

and then once or twice a week I'll do like 600mg caffeine if I need a huge energy lift for the day.
    I see, thanks for the tips! I never intended to get back to my cafeine habits as before, cold showers are what wakes me up in the morning, however i strongly believe that if this great mood i've been having lately is based on cafeine it's a great add-on to the protocol. I guess i will ride out this flu and when things are back to normal i will try to incorporate cafeine as well. I figure out that it's best consumed in the morning along with the daily herbs.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went about a year post crash without caffeine for adrenal & gut reasons. Just started back up recently (about 10oz of dark roast - actually lower in caffeine than light roast) with no ill effects. Really look forward to getting out of bed for it and helps cover the taste of those bitter-ass herbs

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW...good call not taking the antibiotics. Why the fuck would a doctor recommend antibiotics for a virus? The incompetence would be laughable if it weren't so fucking dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    I went about a year post crash without caffeine for adrenal & gut reasons. Just started back up recently (about 10oz of dark roast - actually lower in caffeine than light roast) with no ill effects. Really look forward to getting out of bed for it and helps cover the taste of those bitter-ass herbs
    I know for a fact my gut isn't as it used be and maybe this is why i am a bit worried about adding cafeine back to the mix. I seems to recall that champster as well added cafeine to his routine after a year and a couple of PH runs, so maybe i am thinking of starting cafeine way to soon at the 6 months mark?

Yeah in my country a doctor is considered a "great doctor" only if he prescribes medicine that will help the patient get better faster. Antibiotics are given like aspirin here!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    I still to this day look forward to getting out of bed to have my cup of joe after washing down my herbs. Great way to start the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingRecvry View Post
    I know for a fact my gut isn't as it used be and maybe this is why i am a bit worried about adding cafeine back to the mix. I seems to recall that champster as well added cafeine to his routine after a year and a couple of PH runs, so maybe i am thinking of starting cafeine way to soon at the 6 months mark?

Yeah in my country a doctor is considered a "great doctor" only if he prescribes medicine that will help the patient get better faster. Antibiotics are given like aspirin here!
    Only you can tell. I always say go slow at first. In the beginning, I couldn't tolerate caffeine. It made me too anxious.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-20-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"