User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You've definitely got the cold showers dialed in. They are extremely powerful and you're going to get a large amount of benefits from them alone.

You must have had a huge endorphin rush afterwards...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I love them, if you're having a bad time sleeping there's few better combinations that mag/glycine - cold shower - breathing - meditation.. right before bed. Cold shower's seem to wake you up when you need to waken up but also help you relax after a long day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick check in, some interesting observations.

1. The herb rotation, at only 6 herbs and 10 days into it, is significant increasing my libido. I ordered another herb to add to the rotation and plan to keep adding on slowly.
    2. I have slipped up and jerked off 3 times in one week. This was coming from a 4 month nofap streak right before quitting fin. I jerked off because i felt very horny, and I missed the feeling after going so long with a suppressed libido.
    3. I intend to stay on nofap and not jerk off, albeit the increased difficulty now that my libido seems to be returning.
    4. I am slowly phasing out household items for xenoestrogen free ones, starting with deodorant.
    5. The most interesting observation is about gluten. I have been gluten free for almost 3 weeks. today I went to a social event and had pasta and a little bread. Not a large quantity of either. About 30 minutes after eating I started to feel very lethargic. I made it home an hour after eating and immediately laid down. I tried reading a book and found myself unable to focus on my book. I became very sleepy and took a nap for 2 hours. When I woke up I still felt (and still feeling) very lethargic, lots of brain fog, tired, in a daze, etc... writing this took some effort. I believe this is due to the gluten. I intend to steer clear of gluten from now on. I have social plans with friends to go out for pizza tomorrow. These plans were made weeks ago so I'll still go out but simply eat something gluten free (steak salad, potatoes, etc).
    6. Cold showers are still very hard to get into, but yield a great feeling when finished.
    7. I have incorporated HIIT at the gym which I am really enjoying.
    8. Hair is still shedding, but not as rapidly as it did a week after quitting fin. I have no doubt it will keep shedding. will be cutting my hair in the coming months.
    Last edited by logen99999; 03-02-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a gluten reaction man, unfortunately you get more sensitive to when when you go without for long periods. The benefits are certainly worth it though, I just avoid it altogether where possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Liam, thanks for the reply. Yes, I absolutely think it was the gluten. I even felt residual lethargia the following day at the gym, I was not able to push myself nearly as hard. Ontop of that I've had a general low mood since the meal (day 3 now) which may be due to the gluten, or just a post fin sadness flare up. I've dealt with minor depression for a while now so i'm not certain it's entirely connected to gluten. We'll see how that changes now that i'm fin free and steering clear of gluten.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logen99999 View Post
    Hey Liam, thanks for the reply. Yes, I absolutely think it was the gluten. I even felt residual lethargia the following day at the gym, I was not able to push myself nearly as hard. Ontop of that I've had a general low mood since the meal (day 3 now) which may be due to the gluten, or just a post fin sadness flare up. I've dealt with minor depression for a while now so i'm not certain it's entirely connected to gluten. We'll see how that changes now that i'm fin free and steering clear of gluten.
    Gluten definitely effects the brain and can cause mood imbalances and depression. It is known for it's negative effect on the mind. Steer clear.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks,

Here’s an update on my post fin progress. I have been off fin for about 6 weeks now, and on the protocol for about 5 weeks. I have accumulated 11 of the herbs that CD recommends. I take daily cold showers, train about 5 days a week and incorporate HIIT, eat a paleo diet with one “cheat” day, avoid all gluten, do body scrubbing, and meditation. I have not started sun bathing yet, since every day is about 35 degrees here in NYC.

I feel like my recovery is going well. The general feeling of calmness and contentment has returned to my life. I am no longer nervous and un-easy about my life and future. I am not longer depressed basically. I still have days where I don’t feel super happy, but those days are much less common.

Physical changes include having a much easier time putting on muscle. In 5 weeks of being fin free and on the herb cycle while training regularly I'm noticing myself looking more bulky and muscular, especially with a pump after a training session. My dick now looks like it used to as well, meaning it’s no longer smaller and dead feeling. I still have days where it looks a bit dead, but it’s balanced by days where it doesn’t.

My face seems to look better and a little less puffy, but it’s very subtle. Sleep has improved as well, but I do have one or two nights a week where I wake up in the middle of the night and cant fall back sleep. It's not bad though. I notice I sleep WAY BETTER if I dont eat 5 hours before bed.

A big challenge for me now is trying to curb the masturbation. Since my libido is returning,. It is much harder to avoid jerking off. On the days where I take some of the stronger herbs I can easily jerk off twice. When I do that I end up feeling tired and worn out. It just doesn’t feel healthy. I’m getting a grasp on some of the patterns that lead me to jerking off like clicking youtube videos with attractive girls in them, or going to reddit and clicking a NSFW link. I’m taking steps to avoid these triggers.

Another downside is that my hair is shedding again, but that’s to be expected, and thankfully now at 32 years old I am no longer as vain as I was when I was 27. Priorities shifted from trying to get laid to building a business and a meaningful future. I’m much more happy with that, since striving for validation from girls via getting laid is a really crappy way to waste half a decade.

That’s it for now. I am looking to do another juice cleans in a few months. I absolutely loved how I felt on it and want to do it again.
    Last edited by logen99999; 03-19-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey folks,

Here’s an update on my post fin progress. I have been off fin for about 6 weeks now, and on the protocol for about 5 weeks. I have accumulated 11 of the herbs that CD recommends. I take daily cold showers, train about 5 days a week and incorporate HIIT, eat a paleo diet with one “cheat” day, avoid all gluten, do body scrubbing, and meditation. I have not started sun bathing yet, since every day is about 35 degrees here in NYC.

I feel like my recovery is going well. The general feeling of calmness and contentment has returned to my life. I am no longer nervous and un-easy about my life and future. I am not longer depressed basically. I still have days where I don’t feel super happy, but those days are much less common.

Physical changes include having a much easier time putting on muscle. In 5 weeks of being fin free and on the herb cycle while training regularly I'm noticing myself looking more bulky and muscular, especially with a pump after a training session. My dick now looks like it used to as well, meaning it’s no longer smaller and dead feeling. I still have days where it looks a bit dead, but it’s balanced by days where it doesn’t.

My face seems to look better and a little less puffy, but it’s very subtle. Sleep has improved as well, but I do have one or two nights a week where I wake up in the middle of the night and cant fall back sleep. It's not bad though. I notice I sleep WAY BETTER if I dont eat 5 hours before bed.

A big challenge for me now is trying to curb the masturbation. Since my libido is returning,. It is much harder to avoid jerking off. On the days where I take some of the stronger herbs I can easily jerk off twice. When I do that I end up feeling tired and worn out. It just doesn’t feel healthy. I’m getting a grasp on some of the patterns that lead me to jerking off like clicking youtube videos with attractive girls in them, or going to reddit and clicking a NSFW link. I’m taking steps to avoid these triggers.

Another downside is that my hair is shedding again, but that’s to be expected, and thankfully now at 32 years old I am no longer as vain as I was when I was 27. Priorities shifted from trying to get laid to building a business and a meaningful future. I’m much more happy with that, since striving for validation from girls via getting laid is a really crappy way to waste half a decade.

That’s it for now. I am looking to do another juice cleans in a few months. I absolutely loved how I felt on it and want to do it again.
    If you're getting results this quick, you most likely would have been fine without doing anything.

But why risk it?

All of this will just end up making you a better man in the long run.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD.

I still think there's improvement to be made in a few aspects, and I wont be fully happy until i'm about 3 months post fin, since I see many guys get a crash a month or so after quitting. The jerking off especially needs to be reigned in now, since i'm a big believer in nofap and it's benefits.

Regardless, I've always been very much into regimented and structured self improvement, which your protocol provides, and through that I get self satisfaction.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD.

I still think there's improvement to be made in a few aspects, and I wont be fully happy until i'm about 3 months post fin, since I see many guys get a crash a month or so after quitting. The jerking off especially needs to be reigned in now, since i'm a big believer in nofap and it's benefits.

Regardless, I've always been very much into regimented and structured self improvement, which your protocol provides, and through that I get self satisfaction.
    There is always improvement to be made regardless, PFS or not, IMO.

I was into self improvment before PFS, which ironically is what led me to use finasteride in the first place...

Come to find out I look better bald to begin with....except now, I'm rocking a huge scar, ear to ear and could care less about it. If I only found that confidence prior to using the poison.

I just hope that young men who are on the fence about using this drug do some searches before hand and find some of these posts. We could save alot of them alot of trouble.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-20-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD, I know you said you don't care about the scar, but... I have a large scar on my neck (some bs from the past).
    Anyways, anything help that? I think fasting 20 d has helped decrease it in size. It's darker than the rest of my skin tho.
    I also have scars on my chest, that stayed a few years now.

Yeah, I hope young men stay the hell away from this nonsense drug too. Real drugs are targeted and not sledgehammers like this abomination.
    Pharma hiding the facts as usual, and lobbyists, and the FDA don't help the situation.

To stay on topic:
    @Logen99999, self-improvement is always there, as males - self-investment (I'm not saying "selfishness") is the most important thing we must all do.
    Last edited by CSM25; 03-20-2018 at 09:01 PM.