A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    How do you like the grounding pad?

And thanks for the recommendations.....lol
    I definitely notice a difference. It's kinda like it saps away cortisol and makes sleep a bit deeper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Worth researching imo. I'd be curious to hear your opinion on some of his work. He's a neurosurgeon that's also into alternative health stuff as well. He discusses how our body runs off our engine plus our fuel. The fuel being food, and the main engine being our mitochondria.

He basically argues that we focus too much on optimizing our fuel (food) and not enough on optomizing mitochondrial health...That the perfect fuel in a shitty engine gets you nowhere. I've definitely connected with a good bit of what he says...I can rememer being a kid with boundless energy eating peanut butter sandwitches and doritos all day. Whereas now, I eat obsessively clean but with much lower energy. Obviously the fuel isn't the problem.

With pfs, it seems very logical that something as basic as optomizing energy function in every cell would be critically important. Especially for something where the body is ultimately healing itself.

Anyway, some of his main things that we need to optomize for our mitocondrial health are:

Optomizing circadian rythm/light exposure, Eliminating artificial blue light, Drinking the right kind of water, DHA, Cold exposure, Avoidance of EMF's, ect
    there's a lot of research dollars going into mitochondria now. Dave Asprey is big on this too and has an excellent podcast.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    I definitely notice a difference. It's kinda like it saps away cortisol and makes sleep a bit deeper

- - - Updated - - -

there's a lot of research dollars going into mitochondria now. Dave Asprey is big on this too and has an excellent podcast.
    Okay...you're the second person I talked to that has one and has said it improves the quality of their sleep. I think it would be worth it for this reason alone. I'm sleeping well now, but if there is one thing I learned through all of this, is you don't know what you don't know.....you know? Lol.

I maybe able to sleep even better.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay...you're the second person I talked to that has one and has said it improves the quality of their sleep. I think it would be worth it for this reason alone. I'm sleeping well now, but if there is one thing I learned through all of this, is you don't know what you don't know.....you know? Lol.

I maybe able to sleep even better.

yup even pre pfs when i used phenibut it made my sleep even DEEPER and the next day was phenomenal. performance enhancer in a way. same kinda deal with grounding pad. always been into optimization so the protocol wasn't too hard. hardest part was the fast for sure though but keeping my mind busy helped a lot. (though i know rest is optimal I have a restless mind)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yup even pre pfs when i used phenibut it made my sleep even DEEPER and the next day was phenomenal. performance enhancer in a way. same kinda deal with grounding pad. always been into optimization so the protocol wasn't too hard. hardest part was the fast for sure though but keeping my mind busy helped a lot. (though i know rest is optimal I have a restless mind)
    What is the make and brand of your mat?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the make and brand of your mat?
    i got mine from mercola.com

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i got mine from mercola.com
    You use it nightly?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You use it nightly?
    yeah, unless I get home late and gotta rush to bed for sleep. I'd say like 80% of the time.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah, unless I get home late and gotta rush to bed for sleep. I'd say like 80% of the time.
    I like the idea of having one. Although now that summer is around the corner, I'll be getting plenty grounded for the next four months or so.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of having one. Although now that summer is around the corner, I'll be getting plenty grounded for the next four months or so.
    grounding is most useful before bed tho I find no? helps lower inflamattion/destress before bed. You're really gunna go out in the dirt before bed? :P

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sleep seems to be a strange one, for some it seems to be the first thing to come back and for others the last. Tempted to make a thread with regards to this