User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting and super recent video about hairless and DHT.

The Hair Loss DHT Myth: Baldness Cure Debunked - YouTube

This says that there is way more to hair loss than just DHT causing androgen receptors in the scalp to cause hair loss.

I'm curious to see what you guys think of this.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is obviously more than just androgen receptors and DHT sensitivity that cause hair loss (epigenetics, environmental factors, drugs, telogen effluvium).
    Possibly even stress can cause hair loss (sounds like an old wive's tale, but cortisol, thyroid, and vasoconstriction can play a huge role).

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That being said, finasteride completely reversed my hairloss. My hair never looked better. If I only would have known what the trade off would have been.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from my post-pfs understanding of hairloss is this = too high prolactin caused by high cortisol aka stress, this increases adipose tissue stores which increases estrogen. then dht spikes up to compete with estrogen. then dht in high amounts shrinks hair follicles.

so killing dht which is supposed to help soothe the stress response of prolactin/cortisol/estrogen is the exact opposite of what we should be doing for our overall health and long-term, for our hair.

it's similar to how we take cold medicines to rid of fever but the fever is actually our bodies turning up the heat to kill the infection in our bodies.

again this goes to the recurring problem of western medicine problem of wacking symptoms rather than looking at the problem holistically. Sad thing is I already knew this was generally the way to go but do sometimes see the value of western medicine for more accute problems.

strange thing for me is my hair hasn't even fallen out on andro which is kinda alarming. One things for sure is that if I ever do get 100% male pattern baldness might not even be in the cards for me.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very interesting and super recent video about hairless and DHT.

Like killing a fly with a bazooka

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    from my post-pfs understanding of hairloss is this = too high prolactin caused by high cortisol aka stress, this increases adipose tissue stores which increases estrogen. then dht spikes up to compete with estrogen. then dht in high amounts shrinks hair follicles.

so killing dht which is supposed to help soothe the stress response of prolactin/cortisol/estrogen is the exact opposite of what we should be doing for our overall health and long-term, for our hair.

it's similar to how we take cold medicines to rid of fever but the fever is actually our bodies turning up the heat to kill the infection in our bodies.

again this goes to the recurring problem of western medicine problem of wacking symptoms rather than looking at the problem holistically. Sad thing is I already knew this was generally the way to go but do sometimes see the value of western medicine for more accute problems.

strange thing for me is my hair hasn't even fallen out on andro which is kinda alarming. One things for sure is that if I ever do get 100% male pattern baldness might not even be in the cards for me.
    Taurine sounds promising for hair loss, it supposedly can protect the follicle from inflammatory effects of dht rather than inhibiting it. Not that I even care about my hair at this point

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The bottom line is it's genetic....you can't really fight mother nature successfully.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD, have you listened to this guys stuff? He disagrees that it's genetic and saying it's more complicated than that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dannyroddy/featured

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logen99999 View Post
    CD, have you listened to this guys stuff? He disagrees that it's genetic and saying it's more complicated than that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dannyroddy/featured
    I haven't because I'm passed the point of caring about hair....it's non issue for me now. But I don't see how he can disagree that it's genetic when you can clearly see MPB passed down from father to son, etc. My grandfathers head is just like Dad's and mine is just like his. It's clear to see that it's in the gene pool. And on the flip side, guys that have full heads of hair pass those genes on to their sons etc. Very clear. Not sure what their is to disagree with.

Even if there was something you could do about it, you still have the genes to have MPB meaning if you just go about your life, those genes are going to express themselves.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-03-2018 at 02:32 PM.