Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
from my post-pfs understanding of hairloss is this = too high prolactin caused by high cortisol aka stress, this increases adipose tissue stores which increases estrogen. then dht spikes up to compete with estrogen. then dht in high amounts shrinks hair follicles.

so killing dht which is supposed to help soothe the stress response of prolactin/cortisol/estrogen is the exact opposite of what we should be doing for our overall health and long-term, for our hair.

it's similar to how we take cold medicines to rid of fever but the fever is actually our bodies turning up the heat to kill the infection in our bodies.

again this goes to the recurring problem of western medicine problem of wacking symptoms rather than looking at the problem holistically. Sad thing is I already knew this was generally the way to go but do sometimes see the value of western medicine for more accute problems.

strange thing for me is my hair hasn't even fallen out on andro which is kinda alarming. One things for sure is that if I ever do get 100% male pattern baldness might not even be in the cards for me.
Taurine sounds promising for hair loss, it supposedly can protect the follicle from inflammatory effects of dht rather than inhibiting it. Not that I even care about my hair at this point