User Tag List

Thread: Smoothie Recipe

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoothie Recipe

Been doing Ben Greenfield's morning smoothie recipe for a week now and loving it.

Ben’s Big-Ass Smoothie Recipe:

1. Gather greens, veggies, herbs. Gather four to eight varieties of leafy greens, wild plants, vegetables and herbs. Chop and add to blender. On one morning, I might include dinosaur kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, mint, parsley and cilantro, and on another morning purple cabbage, red lettuce, carrot, basil and ginger. No rules.

2. Add ingredients.

Add enough water for desired smoothie thickness
    Add 3-6 ounces of full fat, BPA-free coconut milk
    Add 1 tsp MCT Oil
    Add 1/2 of a chopped avocado
    Add 1-2 scoops (20-30 grams) vegan or whey protein powder
    Add 2 teaspoons organic ceylon cinnamon (this can lower blood sugar response to a meal)
    Add 2 teaspoons organic cacao powder if you like chocolat-ey goodness

3. Blend! After blending, for added texture, crunch and the chewability factor, I’ll typically toss in:

1 handful unsweetened coconut flakes
    1 tablespoon organic cacao nibs
    1 handful raw almonds
    3-5 brazil nuts
    1 pinch high quality salt
    Never lose your sense of humor

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed my appetite was so high and I couldnt' be satisfied. Too early to tell but I added an extra 20 gram scoop of whey as apposed to just one daily now twice and my appetite seems to be better under control. I probably needed more protein for my muscle demands now that i put on more mass.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    I noticed my appetite was so high and I couldnt' be satisfied. Too early to tell but I added an extra 20 gram scoop of whey as apposed to just one daily now twice and my appetite seems to be better under control. I probably needed more protein for my muscle demands now that i put on more mass.
    . Yeah, I put in three scoops of Naked goat whey. I've also been adding a TBS of Great Lakes collagen hydrolysate (for some reason I thought it was in the recipe . It seems to hold me over for several hours which is pretty good for me.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    Yeah man....you gotta eat.....enough. Especially if you want to properly fuel that washboard you got goin on.....lol.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    . Yeah, I put in three scoops of Naked goat whey. I've also been adding a TBS of Great Lakes collagen hydrolysate (for some reason I thought it was in the recipe . It seems to hold me over for several hours which is pretty good for me.
    Food is always going to be better then powder. I know you guys know this. Plus you gotta watch out for the kidneys when using too much protein powder. Too much puts added stress on them.

I use Sundays as my "prep" day and will precook a ton of shit to tide me over during the week. One of my favorite things to do is to just cook up five or six chicken breasts or chicken pieces in the oven on a baking tray. I'm always in and out for work during the week and when you're on the go, it's real easy to grab a cold piece of chicken and devour it in the car between stops. Healthy and quick.

I know some people might find that boring, but over the years I've grown accustom to eating simply. If you have healthy shit cooked ahead of time, it keeps you on the right path easier then scrambling for something when you're starving.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Food is always going to be better then powder. I know you guys know this. Plus you gotta watch out for the kidneys when using too much protein powder. Too much puts added stress on them.

I use Sundays as my "prep" day and will precook a ton of shit to tide me over during the week. One of my favorite things to do is to just cook up five or six chicken breasts or chicken pieces in the oven on a baking tray. I'm always in and out for work during the week and when you're on the go, it's real easy to grab a cold piece of chicken and devour it in the car between stops. Healthy and quick.

I know some people might find that boring, but over the years I've grown accustom to eating simply. If you have healthy shit cooked ahead of time, it keeps you on the right path easier then scrambling for something when you're starving.
    I'm confident three scoops of Goat whey (20g of protein) a day should be fine...plus it tastes a lot better in my green smoothie than cold chicken . I also like to take the time to prepare three healthy, whole food meals a day; incorporating herbs & spices e.g. (basil, cilantro, ginger, turmeric, etc.) which have both tremendous health benefits and make eating an enjoyable experience. The leftovers also make great snacks. I have a lot of quick, simple recipes if anyone is interested.