User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about this and, while there are a few items that would be worth listing (will do at some point), I think the most important thing for me was “simply” to get my focus off of PFS and off of myself.

How do you do this? Decide on a recovery plan and just get on with it…Quit thinking about it constantly and second guessing it every time you wake up with or without a hard on. Then, get on with your life. Get out with your friends and family and have fun. Throw yourself into your work, studies, interests. Take a genuine interest in others and how they are doing. Try volunteering…You will be amazed at what you learn from it and how rewarding and healing it can be. But, be forewarned…you may also be a little embarrassed when you realize what a whiny little bitch you have been when you see little kids with cancer, or with burns over their entire bodies. or who have been beaten almost to death by their parents who show more selflessness and courage than you have. Just get over yourself, get on with your life and make it meaningful.

Edit: I realized this may have sounded a bit "preachy"...It was not intended. When I was drowning in fear & self pity during the first couple weeks after my crash, I regretfully said to my teenage son "my life is over" to which he responded "if that's really how you feel then that is pretty fucking pathetic, Dad". That was my wake up that this was about more than just me.
    Last edited by Damn; 04-22-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Never lose your sense of humor