User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingRecvry View Post
    Ah i can understand 100%, i am exactly on the same boat but morning wood and high erection quality comes and goes for me. I too had difficulty putting words on this issue and i thought it happened only on me, but i have the same thing all over my body. I can see a lot of guys complain about lack of feeling on the genital area but with me it's all over my entire body. The feeling is still there, we just only feel a percentage of what it used to be thus saying that our body and emotions are dull.

I stopped panicking and i started working on fixing this thing. Sadly i can't say it has improved, i still don't feel anything in my entire body, but some days i can actually enjoy listening to music so you could say it is some sort of success in the emotions department. It is a great feeling that i forgot how it used to feel. The feeling is still there, i believe i will have to take the extra mile to get back to who i was and dare i say even better, since i am a slow healer even on the case of common cold. Each of us reacts differently but we will be back to who we were.

My brain fog and most mental sides cleared off after 6 months on the protocol, the morning nootropic stack of bacopa, lions mane, gotu kola and l theanine in my coffee helps me tremendously on these aspects.

Even though i did propecia for ~ a month i kept a journal and i started reading it recently since i didn't have the courage before. It seems my body was giving hints the whole time about propecia not agreeing with me. I have difficulty to explain this but it seems after 14 days that i was on propecia, my hands started shaking- parkinsons disease like shaking- i couldn't type with one hand on my phone because i would drop it and i had a memo to visit the doc since i thought i was starting to show symptoms of parkinsons.

Another key point that i've written in my logue, about an hour after taking the drug, despite the usual testicular pain, i would get a pain on two spots on the back and right region of my head. I can't put words for them but i point them with a blue like arrow on this picture. head pain — imgbb.com

Did you by any chance notice any sort of shakiness on hands or headache on the same spots?

You do have the correct mindset, you will beat it, start the protocol and you will get there!

Interesting man. Good luck on your recovery.

I do not have shakiness or headaches at all. Out side of suppressed feelings I just have brain fog and mental chatter--- I can't progress in meditation (or atleast its just super hard), and because of that I am more absent minded than I want to be. I noticed that ever since I started fin many years ago, while I had no sides until last year after the summer, I could never progress in meditation.

So I'm guessing the brain fog from PFS makes it hard to build concentration (my main goal) and stay in the present moment. Anyone have experience with that?

Keto diets help me with my brain fog a lot though, and even though my sharpness is suboptimal,I can get myself to be at a good enough level to be effective at work or in general.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 ImpendingRecvry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse99 View Post

I do not have shakiness or headaches at all. Out side of suppressed feelings I just have brain fog and mental chatter--- I can't progress in meditation (or atleast its just super hard), and because of that I am more absent minded than I want to be. I noticed that ever since I started fin many years ago, while I had no sides until last year after the summer, I could never progress in meditation.

So I'm guessing the brain fog from PFS makes it hard to build concentration (my main goal) and stay in the present moment. Anyone have experience with that?

Keto diets help me with my brain fog a lot though, and even though my sharpness is suboptimal,I can get myself to be at a good enough level to be effective at work or in general.
    Thanks mate.

The reason i asked is because since we seem to have a similar central nervous system "malfunction" caused by propecia and i thought your body would have warned you too while when you were taking the drug. I don't have any shakiness or headaches now, i had them when i was using the drug.

I tried gluten free paleo and backloading too, i got a bit of brain fog with backloading, so i am as close as possible to a keto diet.

I was a keto fan in the past (<30grams of carb per day) and it helped me lose ~80kg (176.36lbs) of weight ( i used to weight 160kg), but i find it is way more difficult to hit ketosis in my state.

After the water fast add the nootropic herbs on your coffee, it is a great combo for mental clarity and productivity. I work full time, at the same moment i am back at doing my phd & teaching too and i also hit the gym 4 times a week following the protocol. As far as the mental issues and brain fog the protocol will clear a lot right away, water fast helped me too. The protocol will help you trush in yourself once more and help you recover too.

I cant comment on the concetration issue there buddy, i was never meditating in the past and the only thing close to meditation on the protocol is the breathing i do.
    Semper Fidelis.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate.

The reason i asked is because since we seem to have a similar central nervous system "malfunction" caused by propecia and i thought your body would have warned you too while when you were taking the drug. I don't have any shakiness or headaches now, i had them when i was using the drug.

I tried gluten free paleo and backloading too, i got a bit of brain fog with backloading, so i am as close as possible to a keto diet.

I was a keto fan in the past (<30grams of carb per day) and it helped me lose ~80kg (176.36lbs) of weight ( i used to weight 160kg), but i find it is way more difficult to hit ketosis in my state.

After the water fast add the nootropic herbs on your coffee, it is a great combo for mental clarity and productivity. I work full time, at the same moment i am back at doing my phd & teaching too and i also hit the gym 4 times a week following the protocol. As far as the mental issues and brain fog the protocol will clear a lot right away, water fast helped me too. The protocol will help you trush in yourself once more and help you recover too.

I cant comment on the concetration issue there buddy, i was never meditating in the past and the only thing close to meditation on the protocol is the breathing i do.
    Oh i see, yeah I never got the shakiness or headaches, it wouldve made me diagnose these symptoms as PFS way earlier if I did.

I will definitely put the herbs in the coffee, thanks for the suggestion.

Today I had morning wood again for the 2nd time this week. I've been off dutasteride for a couple of weeks now, and I am hopeful that once it's out of my system (5 week half life), I will get better faster.

I think my brain fog is better as well considering that I've been eating a lot of junk recently. About a month ago if I loaded up on carbs, Id start to get major fog. Right now im at a wedding/reception party for the weekend and I'm not following a healthy diet at all, but I feel fine mentally.

Good to know you are able to be productive and take on a load when it comes to work and school, now I don't have any excuses

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is due to the negative effects on the Gaba system in the brain. It sucks and as far as I'm concerned was one of my worst symptoms.

For you to progress in meditation, you NEED to get on the breathing exercises. They are the only thing that will get your brain primed to enter "the zone." Before doing the breath work, take a dose of Bacopa and Gotu Kola, and then get to breathing. The more, the better. Do four or five or more rounds and then go into your meditation. You will notice a huge difference.

Start out with a reasonable goal....ten minutes of dedicated meditation time. After your last round of breathing, set a timer on your phone so that you're not focused on how long you've been doing it and can just get to it uninterrupted. Keep at it until your phone tells you you're done.

To take this to the next level, set this up so that you can take a cold shower right after you're done with your meditation. I'm not sure why, but the cold allows you to get really deep, really quick. Also after your breathing exercises your ability to handle the cold will be increased by leaps and bounds. Do this daily and you'll build the pathways back up in your brain so that you'll be able to feel relaxed and content during the day.

To really see what I'm talking about, when you're in the cold shower, stick your head under the water and get your mind into the meditation zone.....you will feel the cold open your third eye. It's pretty amazing actually.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-27-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This is due to the negative effects on the Gaba system in the brain. It sucks and as far as I'm concerned was one of my worst symptoms.

For you to progress in meditation, you NEED to get on the breathing exercises. They are the only thing that will get your brain primed to enter "the zone." Before doing the breath work, take a dose of Bacopa and Gotu Kola, and then get to breathing. The more, the better. Do four or five or more rounds and then go into your meditation. You will notice a huge difference.

Start out with a reasonable goal....ten minutes of dedicated meditation time. After your last round of breathing, set a timer on your phone so that you're not focused on how long you've been doing it and can just get to it uninterrupted. Keep at it until your phone tells you you're done.

To take this to the next level, set this up so that you can take a cold shower right after you're done with your meditation. I'm not sure why, but the cold allows you to get really deep, really quick. Also after your breathing exercises your ability to handle the cold will be increased by leaps and bounds. Do this daily and you'll build the pathways back up in your brain so that you'll be able to feel relaxed and content during the day.

To really see what I'm talking about, when you're in the cold shower, stick your head under the water and get your mind into the meditation zone.....you will feel the cold open your third eye. It's pretty amazing actually.

Dude.. I have been searching for years on why I can't progress anymore. Would sit for an hour twice a day (which would make me notice significant differences within 4 days in the past) without making any progress at all.

So how do I fix the GABA problem? The herbs and breathing? Is this something that will reset back to normal quickly when the dutasteride is out of my system?

And if I do the breathing + herbs I can start making progress again normally right? I have no problem in sitting for 40 minutes a day, I just can't stand feeling like a retard (sorry if anyone's offended) anymore.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dude.. I have been searching for years on why I can't progress anymore. Would sit for an hour twice a day (which would make me notice significant differences within 4 days in the past) without making any progress at all.

So how do I fix the GABA problem? The herbs and breathing? Is this something that will reset back to normal quickly when the dutasteride is out of my system?

And if I do the breathing + herbs I can start making progress again normally right? I have no problem in sitting for 40 minutes a day, I just can't stand feeling like a retard (sorry if anyone's offended) anymore.
    You fix the problem by running the protocol.

To get your meditation better, you incorporate the two herbs I've previously mentioned and the breathing exercises.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, well I'm excited already.

Third day this week I woke up with morning wood. Gonna start my fasting protocol tomorrow.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate.

according to charles poliquin people of balkan ancestry like you & I can tolerate more carbs than Northern Europeans. Obviously because of the types of foods that grow year round in a warmer climate compared to say Sweden.
    Last edited by jacknap; 04-28-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah i can understand 100%, i am exactly on the same boat but morning wood and high erection quality comes and goes for me. I too had difficulty putting words on this issue and i thought it happened only on me, but i have the same thing all over my body. I can see a lot of guys complain about lack of feeling on the genital area but with me it's all over my entire body. The feeling is still there, we just only feel a percentage of what it used to be thus saying that our body and emotions are dull.

I stopped panicking and i started working on fixing this thing. Sadly i can't say it has improved, i still don't feel anything in my entire body, but some days i can actually enjoy listening to music so you could say it is some sort of success in the emotions department. It is a great feeling that i forgot how it used to feel. The feeling is still there, i believe i will have to take the extra mile to get back to who i was and dare i say even better, since i am a slow healer even on the case of common cold. Each of us reacts differently but we will be back to who we were.

My brain fog and most mental sides cleared off after 6 months on the protocol, the morning nootropic stack of bacopa, lions mane, gotu kola and l theanine in my coffee helps me tremendously on these aspects.

Even though i did propecia for ~ a month i kept a journal and i started reading it recently since i didn't have the courage before. It seems my body was giving hints the whole time about propecia not agreeing with me. I have difficulty to explain this but it seems after 14 days that i was on propecia, my hands started shaking- parkinsons disease like shaking- i couldn't type with one hand on my phone because i would drop it and i had a memo to visit the doc since i thought i was starting to show symptoms of parkinsons.

Another key point that i've written in my logue, about an hour after taking the drug, despite the usual testicular pain, i would get a pain on two spots on the back and right region of my head. I can't put words for them but i point them with a blue like arrow on this picture. head pain — imgbb.com

Did you by any chance notice any sort of shakiness on hands or headache on the same spots?

You do have the correct mindset, you will beat it, start the protocol and you will get there!
    I have the headaches from time to time on the back right side of my head. I haven't quite figured out what causes it, but the herbs seem to help. Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 ImpendingRecvry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    according to charles poliquin people of balkan ancestry like you & I can tolerate more carbs than Northern Europeans. Obviously because of the types of foods that grow year round in a warmer climate compared to say Sweden.
    Huh, good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by M_Mitchell08 View Post
    I have the headaches from time to time on the back right side of my head. I haven't quite figured out what causes it, but the herbs seem to help. Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
    Cheers mate, we will beat it in the end!

Sorry for highjacking once more your thread.
    Semper Fidelis.