Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse99 View Post
    youre right boss. im done freaking out. just gonna soldier it out like yall

btw should i be boxing/sparring in the ring right now with my neurotransmitters being all jacked up?

coach isnt putting me in the ring with a bully thats going to knock me silly or anything, but its still a contact sport with the head being a major target
    That depends on how you feel about it. I know myself, personally, I wouldn't want to be sparring when I was at my worst....I could barely function in life let alone in a fight. I was just too mentally slow. The training aspect of it is great, but putting yourself into a situation where you could potentially get hurt probably isn't the best for recovery.

In regards to this, I think I'm going to give BJJ a try. I want to add something to my work outs that's going to increase my stamina. This is something that can be done without having to worry about getting my head knocked in or damaged. Plus i've been told that because of my build I'd be good at it. For me, it would be better then just doing sprints...it all get's boring after awhile and I'd be building stamina plus learning a new skill.....win win.

Just my two cents.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit
    Last edited by Lakehouse99; 01-03-2019 at 06:11 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    That depends on how you feel about it. I know myself, personally, I wouldn't want to be sparring when I was at my worst....I could barely function in life let alone in a fight. I was just too mentally slow. The training aspect of it is great, but putting yourself into a situation where you could potentially get hurt probably isn't the best for recovery.

In regards to this, I think I'm going to give BJJ a try. I want to add something to my work outs that's going to increase my stamina. This is something that can be done without having to worry about getting my head knocked in or damaged. Plus i've been told that because of my build I'd be good at it. For me, it would be better then just doing sprints...it all get's boring after awhile and I'd be building stamina plus learning a new skill.....win win.

Just my two cents.

You’re going to love it. I’ve been doing BJJ for the last year and it’s fantastic. Tough at first....just get to that first W - you’ll never stop after that.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    You’re going to love it. I’ve been doing BJJ for the last year and it’s fantastic. Tough at first....just get to that first W - you’ll never stop after that.
    Thanks man....good to know. I mean strictly from an exercise point of view, you can't go wrong. Plus it would be nice to learn a usefull life skill simultaneously.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Thanks man....good to know. I mean strictly from an exercise point of view, you can't go wrong. Plus it would be nice to learn a usefull life skill simultaneously.
    It’s a very useful teaching too. Sometimes you have to take the shit, for awhile, to reach that success story you’ve been dreaming of. Resiliency is a great skill and BJJ teaches that.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    It’s a very useful teaching too. Sometimes you have to take the shit, for awhile, to reach that success story you’ve been dreaming of. Resiliency is a great skill and BJJ teaches that.
    Yeah....the buddy of mine who has been trying to get me to go for a few years already is a brown belt. He loves it. He still get's the mat mopped up with himself, so yeah, comes with the territory. A little ass kicking builds character and keeps you humble.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today is one of those times where i feel like im just broken

im so frustrated with this anhedonia i dont know what to do anymore. i went to my parents and they told me to start becoming more religious and then started ranting on how i dont listen to them on stuff blah blah

i read stories on anhedonia group chats about people not being able to recover, that they just have to cope with whatever progress they have or lack of

people with fin who had anhedonia dont seem to have the same type of anhedonia that i have, which makes me question my ability to recover like they have. do i treat anhedonia first? pfs first? both at the same time? one only? questions flowing through my head

im just tired of this shit man, fucking sick of it. i cant live like this thats for sure, but i have no option but to keep moving. im just so mad that i have been robbed of so much time, and i just wish i could actually feel the rage and anger flowing through my body, but nope. i cant
    Last edited by Lakehouse99; 10-11-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    today is one of those times where i feel like im just broken

im so frustrated with this anhedonia i dont know what to do anymore. i went to my parents and they told me to start becoming more religious and then started ranting on how i dont listen to them on stuff blah blah

i read stories on anhedonia group chats about people not being able to recover, that they just have to cope with whatever progress they have or lack of

people with fin who had anhedonia dont seem to have the same type of anhedonia that i have, which makes me question my ability to recover. do i treat anhedonia first? pfs first? both at the same time? one only? questions flowing through my head

im just tired of this shit man, fucking sick of it. i cant live like this thats for sure, but i have no option but to keep moving. im just so mad that i have been robbed of so much time, and i just wish i could actually feel the rage and anger flowing through my body, but nope. i cant
    All of us here understand what you're feeling and where you're coming from. It does suck, and as you already mentioned, you have three choices. End it, live with it and suffer, or actively do everything you can possibly do on a daily basis to better yourself.

If you're here, it's because you want to better yourself. Venting once in awhile happens, but you can't keep your head there for long.

Stop obsessing and reading things that tell you, you can't recover from this or that. BULLSHIT.

Focus on what you want, not what you don't want.

And time? How old are you? Because at 41 I feel as if my life is just starting. So stop worrying about fucking time.

Do what you need to do and keep yourself busy. Whether it's working out, yoga, HIIT, work for money, breathing, meditation, on and on and on. You just have to keep going. You should NEVER be bored.

Keeping your head in the right place is the hardest part of this whole ordeal, but you HAVE TO to make it through. No pity parties here my man.

Here we focus on solutions, not problems. Focusing problems creates sites like PH, Solve P, etc. It's counter productive.

Remember, whether you think you can, or can't, either way you're right.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 10-11-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im good to go now, sorry i just had to get that off my chest.

everything you said is right, its all about my mindset.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im good to go now, sorry i just had to get that off my chest.

everything you said is right, its all about my mindset.
    down swings don't last longer than 2 weeks for me and they might actually be what's causing recovery. body downregulates system so it can snapback stronger. just a theory.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.