Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recovery from Dutasteride Journey

edit;
    Last edited by Lakehouse99; 01-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse99 View Post
    Been on Fin since 2015. Stopped last summer to take Dutasteride to increase thickness in hair. Couple months into it, noticed libido was gone, and couldnt get morning morning erections even after Id start strength training (usually fixes that). I don't think much of it for some reason.

Now here's where it gets interesting and I have some questions. I have other side effects that developed a few months after the libido loss, but because of another event during that time, im not sure if it's PFS related, or due to that event.

I had a panic attack in august (for the first time in my life), and the next month was extremely stressful for me, most stressful I've ever had it in my life. All poorly handled. After September, I noticed that my feelings and emotions were suppressed, and I couldn't feel anything.

I also start to get brain fog that makes it feel like i'm living in a dream, very frequently. This brain fog is controlled 80-90% from doing keto. I say 90% because I still don't have all my awareness and perception back.

I look up symptoms, and I notice that others have experienced derealization (what the symptoms lined up to) after a panic attack or a very stressful time. So far it makes sense to me that the stress did it to me, but then I noticed from doing research that people with PFS has similar symptoms, when it comes to brain fog and loss of emotions.

So would it be safe to say that the brain fog and lack of emotions are not from PFS? I did a blood work in November and it shows that my Testosterone is fully optimized. A company that does TRT did the bloodwork for me and said there's no need for me to increase my test levels at all. Does this mean I even have PFS?

Apparently the half life of dutasteride is 5 weeks, and I quit about 2 weeks ago. It's still in my system. Should I start fasting now? Or wait a couple of months?
    It's not a coincidence you had a panic attack while taking Dut or Fin. These medications shut down production of endogenous neurosteroids used to created feelings of calm centeredness, contentment, relaxation and any and all pleasure.

If it walks like a duck.....

And thankfully you're Test is still in range, it'll spare you those symptoms, but again, these tests mean nothing when it comes to PFS. Libido starts in the brain....first and foremost.

What you're describing is textbook PFS
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-24-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It's not a coincidence you had a panic attack while taking Dut or Fin. These medications shut down production of endogenous neurosteroids used to created feelings of calm centeredness, contentment, relaxation and any and all pleasure.

If it walks like a duck.....

And thankfully you're Test is still in range, it'll spare you those symptoms, but again, these tests mean nothing when it comes to PFS. Libido starts in the brain....first and foremost.

What you're describing is textbook PFS
    I forgot to add that I always thought that my intentional sleep deprivation the weeks prior to the attack felt like a contributing factor.

I guess it doesn't matter cause I have these symptoms that I'm stuck with.

Thoughts on the dutasteride half life and fasting question? Should I start the 2 week fast right away despite it being in my system?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Recovery from Dutasteride Journey

I forgot to add that I always thought that my intentional sleep deprivation the weeks prior to the attack felt like a contributing factor.

I guess it doesn't matter cause I have these symptoms that I'm stuck with.

Thoughts on the dutasteride half life and fasting question? Should I start the 2 week fast right away despite it being in my system?
    Sure....theres no reason not to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Sure....theres no reason not to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Hell yeah man.

In excited for this journey to overcome this condition and be stronger than I was before.

I'm also going to get back into strength training and training as if I was back in offseason for football.

Starting a new career in enterprise sales which I want to dominate in as well which will require me to be at peak performance.

Can't wait to be all around better

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah man.

In excited for this journey to overcome this condition and be stronger than I was before.

I'm also going to get back into strength training and training as if I was back in offseason for football.

Starting a new career in enterprise sales which I want to dominate in as well which will require me to be at peak performance.

Can't wait to be all around better
    And btw, half life of this substance really makes no difference. Once the 5ar inhibition happens, it really depends on how long it takes your system to regenerate the enzyme function and how long the down stream processes take to click back on. For some people it's months, for some it's years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit:
    Last edited by Lakehouse99; 01-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Today I had morning wood, but just no feeling. I can have sex and jack off, erection quality hit only slightly (still noticeable). Biggest thing is no feeling in entire body when it comes to emotions or horniness. Something tells me I have these feelings but they are just being suppressed because I still "feel" like having sex (sorry for the confusion I hope you can understand what im trying to say).

Is this all caused by the 5ar inhibition?

In your experience on consulting people, does the brain fog and emotional suppression sides heal quicker?
    I think for most people sexual sides coming back online completely is the last thing.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Today I had morning wood, but just no feeling. I can have sex and jack off, erection quality hit only slightly (still noticeable). Biggest thing is no feeling in entire body when it comes to emotions or horniness. Something tells me I have these feelings but they are just being suppressed because I still "feel" like having sex (sorry for the confusion I hope you can understand what im trying to say).

In your experience on consulting people, does the brain fog and emotional suppression sides heal quicker?
    Mental and emotional sides typically heal first, sexual sides heal last.

That being said, libido is ALL in the brain, regardless of what is going on.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 ImpendingRecvry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Ah i can understand 100%, i am exactly on the same boat but morning wood and high erection quality comes and goes for me. I too had difficulty putting words on this issue and i thought it happened only on me, but i have the same thing all over my body. I can see a lot of guys complain about lack of feeling on the genital area but with me it's all over my entire body. The feeling is still there, we just only feel a percentage of what it used to be thus saying that our body and emotions are dull.

I stopped panicking and i started working on fixing this thing. Sadly i can't say it has improved, i still don't feel anything in my entire body, but some days i can actually enjoy listening to music so you could say it is some sort of success in the emotions department. It is a great feeling that i forgot how it used to feel. The feeling is still there, i believe i will have to take the extra mile to get back to who i was and dare i say even better, since i am a slow healer even on the case of common cold. Each of us reacts differently but we will be back to who we were.

My brain fog and most mental sides cleared off after 6 months on the protocol, the morning nootropic stack of bacopa, lions mane, gotu kola and l theanine in my coffee helps me tremendously on these aspects.

Even though i did propecia for ~ a month i kept a journal and i started reading it recently since i didn't have the courage before. It seems my body was giving hints the whole time about propecia not agreeing with me. I have difficulty to explain this but it seems after 14 days that i was on propecia, my hands started shaking- parkinsons disease like shaking- i couldn't type with one hand on my phone because i would drop it and i had a memo to visit the doc since i thought i was starting to show symptoms of parkinsons.

Another key point that i've written in my logue, about an hour after taking the drug, despite the usual testicular pain, i would get a pain on two spots on the back and right region of my head. I can't put words for them but i point them with a blue like arrow on this picture. head pain — imgbb.com

Did you by any chance notice any sort of shakiness on hands or headache on the same spots?

You do have the correct mindset, you will beat it, start the protocol and you will get there!
    Semper Fidelis.