Thread: Diet

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diet

Hi gents.

Hope we are all doing well. I'd love to get some insight into your guys diets (or some pointers on mine). Since I started the protocol I've shed 30 Llbs. I'm lifting heavy and in pretty good shape these days. Where I'm struggling is being able to bulk up and I feel maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm lifting weights 5 times a week (Usually on my lunch break at the office gym).

My daily diet is as follows

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette with Mushrooms and spinach
    Morning Snack - Apple, Banana, yoghourt or Kefir
    Lunch - Salad (Kale or Spinach, apple avocado, nuts, Protein - (Can of fish or fist size handful or chicken) - Dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and Pink salt
    Mid afternoon snack - Protein shake
    Dinner - Protein (chicken or fish) Head of broccoli and carb - Sweet potato, White potato or glutenin free pasta (no carb on non weight days)

Struggling to figure out what or where to add more foods?
    I know CD in the past you have said to eat carbs all evening. After my evening meal though, could you let me know what else I could add in.

Thanks guys !!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaad84 View Post
    Hi gents.

Hope we are all doing well. I'd love to get some insight into your guys diets (or some pointers on mine). Since I started the protocol I've shed 30 Llbs. I'm lifting heavy and in pretty good shape these days. Where I'm struggling is being able to bulk up and I feel maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm lifting weights 5 times a week (Usually on my lunch break at the office gym).

Lunch - Salad (Kale or Spinach, apple avocado, nuts, Protein - (Can of fish or fist size handful or chicken) - Dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and Pink salt
    Dinner - Protein (chicken or fish) Head of broccoli and carb - Sweet potato, White potato or glutenin free pasta (no carb on non weight days)

I know CD in the past you have said to eat carbs all evening. After my evening meal though, could you let me know what else I could add in.

Thanks guys !!
    If you want to gain weight, you simply have to eat more through out the day.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD - Bolster up the diet I think then

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gents.

Thanks guys !!
    Try this for breakfast to add some extra fat, protein & calories: Beef & egg scramble - Sauté some chopped onion in coconut oil (your mushrooms & spinach are welcome too!), add some grass fed ground beef & sea salt. Brown. Add pastured egg yolks to pan and mix together. Cook to desired doneness. Throw on some goat feta. I will typically cook a few strips of pastured bacon as well. Make a little more than you can eat and you have another snack for later in the day. I have developed a shitload of these basic recipes that are super easy, healthy and taste great.
    Last edited by Damn; 05-02-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    Never lose your sense of humor

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you drink coffee lower the caffeine intake and might help you have more appetite.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Try this for breakfast to add some extra fat, protein & calories: Beef & egg scramble - Sauté some chopped onion in coconut oil (your mushrooms & spinach are welcome too!), add some grass fed ground beef & sea salt. Brown. Add pastured egg yolks to pan and mix together. Cook to desired doneness. Throw on some goat feta. I will typically cook a few strips of pastured bacon as well. Make a little more than you can eat and you have another snack for later in the day. I have developed a shitload of these basic recipes that are super easy, healthy and taste great.
    This sounds delicious. Just made me hungry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks CD - Bolster up the diet I think then
    Yes...eat more, and lift more. More food and more weight.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys ! Good recipe there for sure Damn ! That will be next weeks breakfast.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys ! Good recipe there for sure Damn ! That will be next weeks breakfast.
    So....did you try the recipe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did ! Been having it for breakfast the past week. Sauté some grass-fed beef in a pan with organic mushrooms and wilt down some spinach, season it up with some pink salt and pepper. Through it in a rectangular baking pan with the eggs and bake. I then cut it up into four squares and have that for breakfast every day of the work week (I'm only in the office Mon-Thur). I sprinkle on some fete the day I eat it. It tastes awesome, thanks again @Damn !

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did ! Been having it for breakfast the past week. Sauté some grass-fed beef in a pan with organic mushrooms and wilt down some spinach, season it up with some pink salt and pepper. Through it in a rectangular baking pan with the eggs and bake. I then cut it up into four squares and have that for breakfast every day of the work week (I'm only in the office Mon-Thur). I sprinkle on some fete the day I eat it. It tastes awesome, thanks again @Damn !
    So you actually make it like almost a quiche?