User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasonal allergies/sugar

My seasonal allergies have been really bad and the only thing that has been able to help is Flonase... It's a corticosteroid/glucocorticoid and i spray it right up my nose.. In Ayurveda they say the nose is the gateway to the brain.. I don't feel good about doing it but it's the only way i've been able to get a good nights rest.. Any comments?

Also, are dates ok for backloading or do they contain too much sugar?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    My seasonal allergies have been really bad and the only thing that has been able to help is Flonase... It's a corticosteroid/glucocorticoid and i spray it right up my nose.. In Ayurveda they say the nose is the gateway to the brain.. I don't feel good about doing it but it's the only way i've been able to get a good nights rest.. Any comments?

Also, are dates ok for backloading or do they contain too much sugar?
    Personally, I wouldn't touch a corticosteroid/glucocorticoid with PFS. Have you tried Quercitin? It is a natural antihistamine found in cruciferous vegetables. I have been on it for a year and a half and have almost no allergies anymore. FYI...It can take a couple weeks to start feeling the effects. Can also try a diffuser at night with eucalyptus oil.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I tried Quercetin but i heard it has negative effects on dht.. It didn't give me that much relief when I took it. I'm working at a farm and living in a tent so the diffuser thing won't work

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you avoiding dietary allergens? I've noticed with myself and others, when you remove major dietary allergens from your diet, all other "allergies" seem to fall away. I can stand outside in a cloud of pollen and I get no negative effects whatsoever.

The only time I will have allergies come back, is when I've eaten gluten. It's predictable, like clockwork, everytime.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I've been following paleo for a week now and about to backload.. maybe just need more time

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea I've been following paleo for a week now and about to backload.. maybe just need more time
    So you've been eating gluten the whole time? I wouldn't bother with any of that over the counter garbage. Get the gluten out of your system and other dietary allergens and see where that puts you. It's like night and day. Not to mention that you're going to feel so much better, even if you didn't think you had a gluten intolerance. Most people don't think they do, until they avoid it, and eat it again. Then they realize how off it had been making them feel without even realizing it.

The shift takes a solid three, maybe four weeks to get it out.

Just out of curiosity...percentage wise, where would you say you're at with doing the regimen? Was that just one thing you weren't adhering to, or are there others as well? From experience, usually its not just one thing people leave out, but a bunch, for one reason or the other.

For the best results, you want to rock it ALL.....100%
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 06-04-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I tried Quercetin but i heard it has negative effects on dht.. It didn't give me that much relief when I took it. I'm working at a farm and living in a tent so the diffuser thing won't work
    What CD said ^. I assumed from your previous posts you were already following an anti-inflammatory diet...I see that as table stakes to this game (it is foundational to every recovery story for a reason). In addition...you can just put the eucalyptus oil on your pillow or t-shirt, etc. Also, you can try royal jelly.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say i'm lingering anywhere between 60-70%.. Balls still shrunken up in to my body most of the time, and low body weight.. I'm hitting the program completely except for HIIT for the moment since i'm working manual labor 6-8 hours a day but I might add it in if i feel like I can.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd say i'm lingering anywhere between 60-70%.. Balls still shrunken up in to my body most of the time, and low body weight.. I'm hitting the program completely except for HIIT for the moment since i'm working manual labor 6-8 hours a day but I might add it in if i feel like I can.
    So aside from no HIIT and eating gluten, you're following the regimen 100%? For how long?

Yeah....the manual labor thing is tough, because while it is movement, it isn't HIIT. It's just rather then taxing your system all at once, and getting the benefits from it, you're slowly draining yourself throughout the day, so by the end of the day, you're spent. Maybe try getting at least one session in on the weekends. It will make a BIG difference.....just that one day per week session.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been on your program for a month now. I've been rotating herbs for 2 years and have done various eating and exercise programs. I was being trained by Steve Maxwell for some time where I followed a kettlebell/strength type regimen combined with a food combining diet. Then I lived in a yoga ashram for a couple months and did calisthenics while being vegetarian. They helped in different ways but I figure your method is tried and tested so I'm gonna give it as long as it takes