Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
give me some info on this guys..

My stool color has been green to a greenish brown for the most part during protocol..If I eat watermelon it even has some red streaks on it.. in the stool sometimes I can see little peices or carrot or almonds (or so it seems)

When i first crashed & had no idea what was going on I was obviously eating shit food & gluten like we all were. During this time, I remember being super constipated, bloated, hearing gurgles all day long etc. felt like my food was going nowhere... felt like my digestive system literally did not work, for days, then an explosive diarrea would come.. legit no bowel movements for days, then it would transition to a shit load of bowel moments in hours which included poo pellets and diarrhea..
.....fast forward to today 2 months later.. I’m quite regular. I go 2x a day usually, sometimes 3.. no diarrhea.. I may get Some gas sometimes & there’s little moments where I feel a little gurgle but I made no big deal out of it cause it’s something i expected with eating a ton of vegetables. Obviously there’s something not right that I can’t really explain honestly, But I don’t experience pain at all; or the bloating at that level when I crashed (only happens if I stuff my face, or regular downswing shit ) my only thing is the stool being the color of the food I take in it seems.. which is odd & definitely not me pre PFS... what could this possibly be?

Ultimately my question is, is this stool color thing normal for a PFS’er?

I see the points on what people say about the gut being the main factor but I’m more on bizzbee & CD’s side of the belief that it’s the 5AR inhibitation that leads to whatever gut issue rather than what other people say.. just my hunch, but I’m not too well versed on the gut aspect of this, so your guys input would mean a lot.. CD does not really mention the gut like others do cause of his belief in 5AR being the big issue here that leads to everything else in some way..

All I really know 100% ‘ is that the diet outlined over time can’t be bad for your gut obviously..

If anything you guys can give me something to use to support digestion. I really don’t want to go bananas outside of the protocol, but if you guys believe I could use something then let me know.

Trying to set it and forget it... thanks again y’all.
5AR/gut, chicken/egg...end of day is you gotta create a healthy environment for your body to heal itself holistically (endocrine system, nervous system, digestive system, etc. - it's all interdependent). However it happened, my gut (and I believe most/all other PFSers) was a disaster. My bowel movements were a crapshoot (no pun intended ) throughout. My shit changed in color, consistency & frequency every month or two. As late as this past winter, I had a nasty bout of diarrhea for almost two months. This was followed by another couple months of green, soft stools until about three months ago when they transitioned to completely normal. I assume it is some combination of the body adapting to changes in the microbiome, changes in thyroid activity & changes in the autonomic nervous system (all have huge impacts on the speed and effectiveness of digestion), etc.. I figured I was eating as nutrient rich and non-inflammatory of a diet as I could be so I just kept with it. I took vitamins & supplements to help ensure I was getting as many micro nutrients as possible and did a number of things to promote gut health (detailed in my thread). Par for the course.