Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    give me some info on this guys..

My stool color has been green to a greenish brown for the most part during protocol..If I eat watermelon it even has some red streaks on it.. in the stool sometimes I can see little peices or carrot or almonds (or so it seems)

When i first crashed & had no idea what was going on I was obviously eating shit food & gluten like we all were. During this time, I remember being super constipated, bloated, hearing gurgles all day long etc. felt like my food was going nowhere... felt like my digestive system literally did not work, for days, then an explosive diarrea would come.. legit no bowel movements for days, then it would transition to a shit load of bowel moments in hours which included poo pellets and diarrhea..
    .....fast forward to today 2 months later.. I’m quite regular. I go 2x a day usually, sometimes 3.. no diarrhea.. I may get Some gas sometimes & there’s little moments where I feel a little gurgle but I made no big deal out of it cause it’s something i expected with eating a ton of vegetables. Obviously there’s something not right that I can’t really explain honestly, But I don’t experience pain at all; or the bloating at that level when I crashed (only happens if I stuff my face, or regular downswing shit ) my only thing is the stool being the color of the food I take in it seems.. which is odd & definitely not me pre PFS... what could this possibly be?

Ultimately my question is, is this stool color thing normal for a PFS’er?

I see the points on what people say about the gut being the main factor but I’m more on bizzbee & CD’s side of the belief that it’s the 5AR inhibitation that leads to whatever gut issue rather than what other people say.. just my hunch, but I’m not too well versed on the gut aspect of this, so your guys input would mean a lot.. CD does not really mention the gut like others do cause of his belief in 5AR being the big issue here that leads to everything else in some way..

All I really know 100% ‘ is that the diet outlined over time can’t be bad for your gut obviously..

If anything you guys can give me something to use to support digestion. I really don’t want to go bananas outside of the protocol, but if you guys believe I could use something then let me know.

Trying to set it and forget it... thanks again y’all.
    5AR/gut, chicken/egg...end of day is you gotta create a healthy environment for your body to heal itself holistically (endocrine system, nervous system, digestive system, etc. - it's all interdependent). However it happened, my gut (and I believe most/all other PFSers) was a disaster. My bowel movements were a crapshoot (no pun intended ) throughout. My shit changed in color, consistency & frequency every month or two. As late as this past winter, I had a nasty bout of diarrhea for almost two months. This was followed by another couple months of green, soft stools until about three months ago when they transitioned to completely normal. I assume it is some combination of the body adapting to changes in the microbiome, changes in thyroid activity & changes in the autonomic nervous system (all have huge impacts on the speed and effectiveness of digestion), etc.. I figured I was eating as nutrient rich and non-inflammatory of a diet as I could be so I just kept with it. I took vitamins & supplements to help ensure I was getting as many micro nutrients as possible and did a number of things to promote gut health (detailed in my thread). Par for the course.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    5AR/gut, chicken/egg...end of day is you gotta create a healthy environment for your body to heal itself holistically (endocrine system, nervous system, digestive system, etc. - it's all interdependent). However it happened, my gut (and I believe most/all other PFSers) was a disaster. My bowel movements were a crapshoot (no pun intended ) throughout. My shit changed in color, consistency & frequency every month or two. As late as this past winter, I had a nasty bout of diarrhea for almost two months. This was followed by another couple months of green, soft stools until about three months ago when they transitioned to completely normal. I assume it is some combination of the body adapting to changes in the microbiome, changes in thyroid activity & changes in the autonomic nervous system (all have huge impacts on the speed and effectiveness of digestion), etc.. I figured I was eating as nutrient rich and non-inflammatory of a diet as I could be so I just kept with it. I took vitamins & supplements to help ensure I was getting as many micro nutrients as possible and did a number of things to promote gut health (detailed in my thread). Par for the course.
    Rick...THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just keep on doing what you're doing. Things take time to really start coming together. But as long as you're doing everything that is outlined, you WILL get where you need to go.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick the ruler just out of curiosity my man, how long ago did you crash?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pagediol, March 25, Started protocol 5 days after.

On a different note how do you guys upload pictures on here? I have an iPhone & I can’t seem to find a way through here
    Last edited by RickTheRuler; 06-22-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceremonious View Post
    I think it should be noted that nuts and fruit can be inflammatory when your gut is still very sensitive. When I was consuming fruit, bananas and berries were the only things that wouldn't give me an obvious reaction.

For me the really dark depressive state happened while I was still consuming a food that was causing a lot of inflammation (which was orange juice in my case). Since my diet has been in order I feel that I am just waiting for my body to catch up to my mind. I still do get times were my digestion will fall slightly despite not changing a thing so variance should be expected.

If you are not in a good state giving the gym a rest or at the very least taking it easy is probably a good idea until you have control.
    ^^ 100% agree. Red meat can be very problematic too. I was doing great mentally while travelling, the last few days discovered birria (one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten), started feeling worse....ate two large bags of nuts on the plane and crashed HARD. couldn't even lift my bags I was so weak. This is not the first time eating large amounts of red meat has triggered something
    Last edited by basementdweller; 06-22-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stumbled across this post. Super encouraging for me, actually. I was diagnosed with Crohn's during this whole thing, and this is just further confirmation that all my s/s are Fin related.

RTR, how are you feeling these days? I'll feel like the mental side are the worst of the sides for me, and it's a huge struggle at times. I've definitely began to notice the upswing/downswing cycle, and it seems to be just how Jacknap described it. Just keeping fighting it, and find something positive to think about. That's what I try to do when I'm feeling like the mental sides are too much, that and pray. That's my form of meditation, and it definitely helps. I know this is an old post, but wanted to respond cuz I feel your pain. I hope you're feeling better, and have hit an upswing. Keep us posted.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    Just stumbled across this post. Super encouraging for me, actually. I was diagnosed with Crohn's during this whole thing, and this is just further confirmation that all my s/s are Fin related.

RTR, how are you feeling these days? I'll feel like the mental side are the worst of the sides for me, and it's a huge struggle at times. I've definitely began to notice the upswing/downswing cycle, and it seems to be just how Jacknap described it. Just keeping fighting it, and find something positive to think about. That's what I try to do when I'm feeling like the mental sides are too much, that and pray. That's my form of meditation, and it definitely helps. I know this is an old post, but wanted to respond cuz I feel your pain. I hope you're feeling better, and have hit an upswing. Keep us posted.
    Now because of the Crohn's diagnosis you have all the more reason to be on point diet wise. Not that PFS wasn't enough, but living with Crohns can be pretty rough if you're not on the right diet. Fasting is also extremely beneficial for Crohns patients. Sometimes a nice long rest of the digestive system can do wonders. Just something to think about.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    ^^ 100% agree. Red meat can be very problematic too. I was doing great mentally while travelling, the last few days discovered birria (one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten), started feeling worse....ate two large bags of nuts on the plane and crashed HARD. couldn't even lift my bags I was so weak. This is not the first time eating large amounts of red meat has triggered something
    I've never had any issues with meat. Too many nuts on the other hand, especially if they're not raw, can really be a drag on the digestive system.