User Tag List

Thread: Lifting

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lifting

I had some questions for some of the more experienced lifters and didn't want to hijack Markuss's thread. Thought a thread devoted to this would makes sense. This is Swole Source after all :P

I would say I am a moderately experienced lifter but have never focused much on compound lifts. I have added to my routine recently and wondering about deadlifts. I see many programs showing a one set approach to this versus three or four. Thoughts? And if only one, how many times per week?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadlifts always cause a surge in T for me afterwards. Do them heavy and just once a week should be more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
    I had some questions for some of the more experienced lifters and didn't want to hijack Markuss's thread. Thought a thread devoted to this would makes sense. This is Swole Source after all :P

I would say I am a moderately experienced lifter but have never focused much on compound lifts. I have added to my routine recently and wondering about deadlifts. I see many programs showing a one set approach to this versus three or four. Thoughts? And if only one, how many times per week?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzbee View Post
    Deadlifts always cause a surge in T for me afterwards. Do them heavy and just once a week should be more than enough.
    Thanks bizzbee. One set?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. You decide how much you can take. Use good form and don't overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
    Thanks bizzbee. One set?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone else do Romanian deadlifts? I find them easier in terms of form

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compound lifts are best for your hormones. You’ll get a great Test boost from all compounds lifts but the most would be from Squats, Deadlifts, & Olympic Lifts.

I only do isolation work to exhaustion on my abs, & the muscles that get atrophied from PFS. A lot of us get a skinner neck & forearms. I even bought a brace to do neck workouts for this reason.

Don’t forget HIIT. That actually gives you a ridiculous hormone spike, a little bit more than heavy lifting. I did not even know that..

Just stay active... all of us who are on the right path are ahead of 98 % of guys , even those who don’t have PFS..