Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricky’s Ride to Baseline & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by helpisontheway View Post
    I take it Rick you not having any trouble gaining muscle
    Seems like I did but it’s to a certain limit. It’s not optimized, I can tell..of course I’m not wasting, I gain but at a point I hit a wall in terms of muscle building. Strength goes up but I think strength is related more to your nervous system adjusting to more loads rather than your T levels..

we’ll see now though for the next few months cause I’m starting to get looser with diet and eating more carbs throughout the day, not just backloading. I’d like to be a lean 200. That to me at my height is ideal.

There’s a lot of factors with my case. First off, pre pfs I wasn’t this lean.I’m 5”11 & got to 225 before all this.. it was half muscle half bloated water weight..that’s BIG as hell for that height..I’m naturally a skinny person (165-170) so for me to maintain 225 I was CONSTANTLY EATING, 7 meals a day with snacks in between. I literally went 2 years without being hungry or feeling my stomach growl. Just fighting my fast metabolism like clockwork..

Today, I obviously don’t eat that much or the same calorie dense food As I did then.. Also I never did HIIT this hard and consistent, so maybe thats limiting me from getting more size too.. it’s cool though cause it sheds fat.

Maybe with all that I’m doing, this weight range is where I’m Meant to be at based on my body. It does feel right to be 190ish.. I feel light but strong. I really do believe that when you do this program, however your body turns out is the way it’s supposed to be at its BEST. I was too small before and it wasn’t optimal, & I was way too big & it wasn’t optimal.. so I trust it..My opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RickTheRuler; 04-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    Ahh that’s interesting..eat away!

I think CD has to make it clear about things not being organic not really making a difference in progress.. when I first got here, guys like Driven, Jacknap, BenQ, & that 50 year old guy Damn were more active, & I would watch their threads & everything was about pasteurized, organic...really smart guys, too smart lol...I commend them all for picking the healthiest choices obviously, but all this talk led me to believe that I had to get everything of such a quality when it just wasn’t in the cards for me financially, let alone having access in the inner city of NYC.. that put more stress on me on top of the stress of adjusting to the outline. There was a lot of unnecessary baggage going on from these little things.. & of course being in a state of shock of realizing that I actually had pfs.

This diet is not restricting at all, your literally eliminating junk food only. as I added in more foods, I relaxed a bit more.. & then progress would happen. I’m on cycle now and I even eat some rice with my lunch, it’s not backloading but I figured on cycle + my activity level that I can grub on it throughout the day as well.

I just outline what the optimal intake should be knowing full well that most people aren't going to be on the program 100% most days. Guys are going to loosen it up on their own so if I don't state what it SHOULD be, they will make it even looser, if that makes sense.

The guys that stick to it as close to 100% as they can are the ones that make the best recoveries. I understand this is a hell of a switch for most people to make. That being said, the closer you stay on the program, the better.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems like I did but it’s to a certain limit. It’s not optimized, I can tell..of course I’m not wasting, I gain but at a point I hit a wall in terms of muscle building. Strength goes up but I think strength is related more to your nervous system adjusting to more loads rather than your T levels..

we’ll see now though for the next few months cause I’m starting to get looser with diet and eating more carbs throughout the day, not just backloading. I’d like to be a lean 200. That to me at my height is ideal.

There’s a lot of factors with my case. First off, pre pfs I wasn’t this lean.I’m 5”11 & got to 225 before all this.. it was half muscle half bloated water weight..that’s BIG as hell for that height..I’m naturally a skinny person (165-170) so for me to maintain 225 I was CONSTANTLY EATING, 7 meals a day with snacks in between. I literally went 2 years without being hungry or feeling my stomach growl. Just fighting my fast metabolism like clockwork..

Today, I obviously don’t eat that much or the same calorie dense food As I did then.. Also I never did HIIT this hard and consistent, so maybe thats limiting me from getting more size too.. it’s cool though cause it sheds fat.

Maybe with all that I’m doing, this weight range is where I’m Meant to be at based on my body. It does feel right to be 190ish.. I feel light but strong. I really do believe that when you do this program, however your body turns out is the way it’s supposed to be at its BEST. I was too small before and it wasn’t optimal, & I was way too big & it wasn’t optimal.. so I trust it..My opinion

Personally, for me, that feeling of being lighter yet stronger is one of my favorites. I'm 6'4", so optimally I looked my best, aesthetically at around 225-230. Although I feel my best at around 215-220. Everyone is different. As I age I'm not really concerned with size so much anymore as I am with staying supple and strong. Luckily for me I still have a fast metabolism despite my age and the muscle goes on quickly.

You look good at where you're at Rick. Athletic and strong. And you're correct. When adding in HIIT you give up some size but gain endurance and overall vitality. When I was at my biggest I didn't feel my best. Almost like it was too much....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like I been on a bit of a plateau.

It’s all good, just sticking to it.. in a matter of time I should burst through another level.

Just noting.. sometimes you may feel like your going nowhere for weeks or months. No need to add or change anything, just keep riding it out & trust it (also writing this to remind myself this as well)

I’ve been fucking up lately with gluten. Mashed potatoes etc while backloading. Wonder if that has anything to do with things. Deff been looser with my diet on cycle.. things like gluten free cookies, dark chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe’s . But not on a junk spree.. it’s the damn gluten.. It’s a 8 week cycle I started on March 10th, so I’m back on herbs early May. Then back on my 3rd cycle July 10th, PERFECT time in the summer.

I know gluten does not set you back like other things would but my OCD with recovery ENRAGES me! When I know in the grand scheme of things it’s all good, I still eat my salads,fruit, & protein most meals.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So here’s the bad news:

Friday I got so overwhelmed with horniness that I broke my nofap streak that was on till October ish.. fuck me.

Good news:
    That night I busted 2 more nuts, the morning after I busted 2 more.. without PDE5’s or anything

I’m still gonna use them with Thor’s Hammer though, since I have so much & I could still use the extra enhancement.

ONWARDS
    &
    UPWARDS

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killin it!

Pretty sure you don't need to even think about PDE5's anymore, lol

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So here’s the bad news:

Friday I got so overwhelmed with horniness that I broke my nofap streak that was on till October ish.. fuck me.

Good news:
    That night I busted 2 more nuts, the morning after I busted 2 more.. without PDE5’s or anything

I’m still gonna use them with Thor’s Hammer though, since I have so much & I could still use the extra enhancement.

ONWARDS
    &
    UPWARDS

If you want to try the natural route, Horny Goat Weed from LEH is pretty damn good. I used it the last few nights for fun and there was a definite increase in girth and hardness. For me it felt like a PDE5 without the side effects. I've only used PD's a handful of times because I get instantly congested by them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s warm out, you guys better be getting after it.. Sprinting is so addicting man.. it gets me out the gym and I’m able to just go out there & let it EAT.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    If you want to try the natural route, Horny Goat Weed from LEH is pretty damn good. I used it the last few nights for fun and there was a definite increase in girth and hardness. For me it felt like a PDE5 without the side effects. I've only used PD's a handful of times because I get instantly congested by them.
    Yeah I have it along with the other 21. It’s in the Thors Hammer blend. I recommend Thor’s Hammer cause it also deals with other things that can affect your performance, it’s not just a blood flow thing.. it’s hormones, mood, etc. all the herbs thrown in there serve their purpose.....I’m surprised no one else came up with a product that enhances your mood and drive at the same time like this.. it’s not just blood flow for certain people as we all know..It has Horny Goat Weed, Cistanche, Mucuna, Shilajit, & Tomgkat Ali.

Yeah I get blue vision with the PDE5’s, I really only use them at this point to go rounds.. currently my natural status is that I can go 1 round, but the 2nd one I have to really zone in to reach the promise land. I like to bust 4-5 times in a session.

There are moments on cycle that I get so horny, it’s like an irrational pure animal brain horniness.. off cycle, a woman’s touch gets me going, not so much visual, on cycle just flirting and banter gets me hard..that’s what I’m noticing thus far.

Last edited by RickTheRuler; 05-07-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have it along with the other 21. It’s in the Thors Hammer blend. I recommend Thor’s Hammer cause it also deals with other things that can affect your performance, it’s not just a blood flow thing.. it’s hormones, mood, etc. all the herbs thrown in there serve their purpose.....I’m surprised no one else came up with a product that enhances your mood and drive at the same time like this.. it’s not just blood flow for certain people as we all know..It has Horny Goat Weed, Cistanche, Mucuna, Shilajit, & Tomgkat Ali.

Yeah I get blue vision with the PDE5’s, I really only use them at this point to go rounds.. currently my natural status is that I can go 1 round, but the 2nd one I have to really zone in to reach the promise land. I like to bust 4-5 times in a session.

There are moments on cycle that I get so horny, it’s like an irrational pure animal brain horniness.. off cycle, a woman’s touch gets me going, not so much visual, on cycle just flirting and banter gets me hard..that’s what I’m noticing thus far.

Everything from LEH is top notch. I mentioned horny goat weed because it directly focuses on blood flow, the same way the PDE5's you're taking do. That's why I recommended it. Simply comparing oranges to oranges.

The issue with Thors hammer, despite it being a great product, is that you're taking all of those herbs in one shot, as opposed to cycling them to avoid tolerance. Take it a couple times a week, and you're basically building tolerance to all of the herbs in that mixture, thus making those particular herbs less effective over time.

That's why for the most part I recommend avoiding blends and don't suggest their use.