Ricky’s Ride to Baseline & Beyond

FITNESS MOTIVATION. PFS guys, whatever your feeling, GET TO IT. Rick OUT

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Way to go brother.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding your cheat meal if you even want to call it that, like CD said, I wouldn’t worry about it in the least. You’re killing it right now.....I myself got glutened a few times while recovering. Usually about 24 hours of feeling a little foggy and anxious at the worst.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Regarding your cheat meal if you even want to call it that, like CD said, I wouldn’t worry about it in the least. You’re killing it right now.....I myself got glutened a few times while recovering. Usually about 24 hours of feeling a little foggy and anxious at the worst.
    Yeah I was just trying to be perfect.. once a week I’d have some sushi. The rice around it shouldn’t be a big deal, especially when I’m on point with 95% of the other things

I thought that it set you back, seems like it just makes you uncomfortable for a day, doesn’t hinder progress like excessive alcohol would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    Yeah I was just trying to be perfect.. once a week I’d have some sushi. The rice around it shouldn’t be a big deal, especially when I’m on point with 95% of the other things

I thought that it set you back, seems like it just makes you uncomfortable for a day, doesn’t hinder progress like excessive alcohol would.

What rice are you eating that isn’t gluten free? Just curious, since I eat sushi religiously and have never had a problem. I usually use gluten free soy sauce, and tell them to hold any tempura flakes or any sort that would cause problems.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It most likely had gluten.. the rice was gooey as hell & stuck. & I used no soy sauce on it, just the wasabi.

Edit:
    I don’t worry so much about quality with the food outside of the complex carbs & making sure they’re gluten free..most of my salads are organic, but they don’t have to be, same with everything else. I was concerned about this in the beginning and was going mad, but I was told by CD that it doesn’t make or break recovery. Gluten free is the only thing I’m really a stickler for.

Last edited by RickTheRuler; 04-01-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It most likely had gluten.. the rice was gooey as hell & stuck. & I used no soy sauce on it, just the wasabi.

Edit:
    I don’t worry so much about quality with the food outside of the complex carbs & making sure they’re gluten free..most of my salads are organic, but they don’t have to be, same with everything else. I was concerned about this in the beginning and was going mad, but I was told by CD that it doesn’t make or break recovery. Gluten free is the only thing I’m really a stickler for.

I think this is solid. I ate a few things that were far from organic and “healthy” during my recovery as I traveled for work a lot. As long as they were gluten free, and not McDonalds or Taco Bell quality, I still made solid progress.

Also, related to your rice being gooey, I used to think the same, but literally even “glutinous rice” which is gooey, is gluten free.....even given the name:
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316167.php

So eat away!
    Last edited by Maxout777; 04-01-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh that’s interesting..eat away!

I think CD has to make it clear about things not being organic not really making a difference in progress.. when I first got here, guys like Driven, Jacknap, BenQ, & that 50 year old guy Damn were more active, & I would watch their threads & everything was about pasteurized, organic...really smart guys, too smart lol...I commend them all for picking the healthiest choices obviously, but all this talk led me to believe that I had to get everything of such a quality when it just wasn’t in the cards for me financially, let alone having access in the inner city of NYC.. that put more stress on me on top of the stress of adjusting to the outline. There was a lot of unnecessary baggage going on from these little things.. & of course being in a state of shock of realizing that I actually had pfs.

This diet is not restricting at all, your literally eliminating junk food only. as I added in more foods, I relaxed a bit more.. & then progress would happen. I’m on cycle now and I even eat some rice with my lunch, it’s not backloading but I figured on cycle + my activity level that I can grub on it throughout the day as well.

Last edited by RickTheRuler; 04-01-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh that’s interesting..eat away!

I think CD has to make it clear about things not being organic not really making a difference in progress.. when I first got here, guys like Driven, Jacknap, BenQ, & that 50 year old guy Damn were more active, & I would watch their threads & everything was about pasteurized, organic...really smart guys, too smart lol...I commend them all for picking the healthiest choices obviously, but all this talk led me to believe that I had to get everything of such a quality when it just wasn’t in the cards for me financially, let alone having access in the inner city of NYC.. that put more stress on me on top of the stress of adjusting to the outline. There was a lot of unnecessary baggage going on from these little things.. & of course being in a state of shock of realizing that I actually had pfs.

This diet is not restricting at all, your literally eliminating junk food only. as I added in more foods, I relaxed a bit more.. & then progress would happen. I’m on cycle now and I even eat some rice with my lunch, it’s not backloading but I figured on cycle + my activity level that I can grub on it throughout the day as well.

Backloading isn’t a requirement to recover. You can eat clean, good carbs as part of your diet and recover. Paleo + backloading is just the best to get your training results and keep the diet simplified. You can literally eat as much as you want and stay in good physique. If you choose to run carbs during the day, you have to pay close attention to calories and overall macros.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it Rick you not having any trouble gaining muscle