User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food Sensitivity Tests

Hi all,

I was wondering what everyone thinks of food sensitivity tests.

I got one done about a week ago, and it came back with highly sensitive foods such as agave, chickpeas, sugar cane, most preservatives, and more.

It also came back with moderately sensitive foods such as mango, egg whites, and quite a bit more foods that fit into the modified paleo diet.

Surprisingly, wheat products were not on there.

I made sure I stopped the highly sensitive foods completely, and am cutting out the moderately sensitive foods slowly.

It seems like my digestion upsets have decreased. Can't say for sure, nothing life-changing so far.

What everyone thinks of these tests? Combine with the current diet? Disregard it?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disregard. These tests are not precise or very accurate. General IGA responses to food are not good indications of food “sensitivity”. Eat whole, unprocessed foods. As much as needed to maintain good energy levels. If you feel great eating hummus, I encourage you to eat hummus. Major in the majors, don’t worry about the minor things until you have everything else dialed. I still recommend excluding things like gluten to guys in our situation.