User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lion's Mane 5ar

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maxout777 is right guys. The difference could be in how the evil inhibitors we know of attach to the 5ar enzyme, thus creating our current dilemma.

Pumpkin seed is another to avoid though right? I think I heard that one was just as bad as fenugreek, fin, etc...

Also yes, reishi is most likely a strong one as well...avoid it.

BtW, Where is CD???

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not concerned about food, I'm concerned about lion's mane. 20% reduction is pretty high and the extracts could be higher. Plenty of people on reddit have complained about libido while taking lion's mane. It wouldn't cause pfs, but it seems counteractive
    Last edited by basementdweller; 08-13-2018 at 03:04 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm going to drop lion's mane for a week and see if it causes a libido upswing. kinda pissed cuz I have 120grams of the stuff and it's not cheap lol
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    I'm not concerned about food, I'm concerned about lion's mane. 20% reduction is pretty high and the extracts could be higher. Plenty of people on reddit have complained about libido while taking lion's mane. It wouldn't cause pfs, but it seems counteractive
    I don't understand your statement here, and I promise I'm not trying to be a dick. Lion's Mane and every other herbal substance you take is a food. So to say you're not concerned about food but concerned about Lion's Mane makes zero sense. That's why I'm trying to say, there's a ton of items out there you can either eat, drink, take, basically digest in general, that will have 5ARI properties. I ate a fuck ton of avocados, eggs, even took Nettle Root prior to taking Saw Palmetto, and none of those did anything to me. SP, however, yeah that was a different story.

But again, try both ways. Take it and also leave it out. See how you feel. If it's really messing with your libido you'll notice in a week's time. I will say that when my libido came back finally, I was taking Lion's Mane, and I still take it daily to this day in my coffee.

Everyone's mileage may vary, and that's why I'm a huge advocate of people tailoring to what works for them.
    Last edited by Maxout777; 08-16-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I'm telling you guys, you are wasting your time and splitting hairs. Fin, SP, RU, etc, all are progestins as well as inhibiting 5AR. Those don't fuck people over just due to 5AR inhibition. If you're this worried about that, your diet is about to become REAL strict.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceremonious View Post
    CD is too busy chasing young tail.
    Apologies gents, but Ceremonius is absolutely correct. I've been a bit of a man whore lately....not gonna lie. This is the part of life I missed out on, so, I'm well making up for it now and having a fucking blast. I just can't get over that it's easier at 41 then 21.....then again, I've never been so confident in my life. All in the vibe....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys need to do what keeps your head on straight. I think you're all splitting hairs with lions mane because I've used it during recovery and have had nothing but positive benefits.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You guys need to do what keeps your head on straight. I think you're all splitting hairs with lions mane because I've used it during recovery and have had nothing but positive benefits.
    did you use the whole food or extract? LEH has two i'm using the extract rn 8;1 they also have a 1;1 tho but i already have 3 bags of 8;1 lol

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    did you use the whole food or extract? LEH has two i'm using the extract rn 8;1 they also have a 1;1 tho but i already have 3 bags of 8;1 lol
    The stronger extract is relatively new. I used the 1:1

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The stronger extract is relatively new. I used the 1:1
    so you think the stronger extract might be dicier or nah?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF YOU need to be obsessed (bc of ocd or whatever), stick to whole foods and never need to overthink. Eat same 5-10 foods per day, but diet itself is not gonna crash MOST ppl, I firmly believe.

SORRY I mean, outside of worst-state-of pfs... pre fasting and all that. Near 240 days no drinks no smokes.
    Ate gluten 6x and cheese 7 or less.
    Last edited by CSM25; 08-19-2018 at 06:59 PM.