User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New finasteride victim, advice needed

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum so if this is in the wrong section then I apologize.

So I'm 18 years old and have been dealing with hair loss for the past year. Visited a dermatologist last month who gave me Fin like it was candy. I foolishly bought the "only 2% get sides" thing, and am now paying the price.

After taking two doses of generic finasteride, 0.625mg each, I felt the sexual side effects. Stopped immediately and expected things to resolve within a few days/weeks at most.

Four days after discontinuing I might have had a small "crash", not sure. I got extremely, soul crushingly tired at 6pm, and had to go to bed at 8. Slept for 13 hours and still felt tired. Looking back, I can remember my sleep being really terrible and not refreshing at all.

The sexual side effects still persisted at this point, plus over the next couple of days I developed heavy brain fog and difficulty concentrating. This went away after about a week.

My libido and spontaneous erections bounced back about three weeks after stopping the finasteride, but at the same time my brain fog came back. It was weird, the sexual sides went away but the mental sides came back. During this time I noticed that I had lost noticeable muscle mass, however I'm not sure if this is due to the finasteride or the fact that I hadn't been working out at all since my initial crash, and also just couldn't get myself to eat properly. My appetite was gone. Also my joints have started to feel weak and make a lot of clicking noises.

However, in the past four days, my libido has lowered again and on top of that I've been having some intense suicidal thoughts. I'm not depressed at all (possibly due to being emotionally blunted by the finasteride), but I just get urges to end my life everyday now. Obviously I won't do it as I know it's not the "real" me thinking these thoughts. Also I've been breaking down crying for no reason at all every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Obviously my hormones are all over the place.

As of today I'm 4 weeks off the drug.

I discovered this website after reading hairlosstalk and seeing posts by Maxout777. I've read CD's website and his protocol multiple times now, and am considering starting it. I worked out 4-6x a week before this whole finasteride mess and have never had difficulty sticking to diets or regimes, so I feel like I'm not ready to give up just yet.

However, I'm wondering whether or not I should keep waiting for a couple of weeks to see if my state returns to normal on it's own? As I said I'm four weeks off the drug at this point. Or should I just start the protocol right away?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by whoevencares00; 09-27-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like you got it broseph

i went through the emotional depression phase (out of nowhere) as well.

but even if you dont, it doesnt hurt to do the protocol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse99 View Post
    sounds like you got it broseph

i went through the emotional depression phase (out of nowhere) as well.

but even if you dont, it doesnt hurt to do the protocol
    Thank you for the suggestion!

Does anyone else have an opinion?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah sounds very similar to my experience. I'd just jump on the protocol as it's something someone who's healthy should follow anyways and hey since it's still early you might be able to beat this faster by nipping it in the bud
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the rest of us. Get on the protocol ASAP.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whoevencares00 View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum so if this is in the wrong section then I apologize.

So I'm 18 years old and have been dealing with hair loss for the past year. Visited a dermatologist last month who gave me Fin like it was candy. I foolishly bought the "only 2% get sides" thing, and am now paying the price.

After taking two doses of generic finasteride, 0.625mg each, I felt the sexual side effects. Stopped immediately and expected things to resolve within a few days/weeks at most.

Four days after discontinuing I might have had a small "crash", not sure. I got extremely, soul crushingly tired at 6pm, and had to go to bed at 8. Slept for 13 hours and still felt tired. Looking back, I can remember my sleep being really terrible and not refreshing at all.

The sexual side effects still persisted at this point, plus over the next couple of days I developed heavy brain fog and difficulty concentrating. This went away after about a week.

My libido and spontaneous erections bounced back about three weeks after stopping the finasteride, but at the same time my brain fog came back. It was weird, the sexual sides went away but the mental sides came back. During this time I noticed that I had lost noticeable muscle mass, however I'm not sure if this is due to the finasteride or the fact that I hadn't been working out at all since my initial crash, and also just couldn't get myself to eat properly. My appetite was gone. Also my joints have started to feel weak and make a lot of clicking noises.

However, in the past four days, my libido has lowered again and on top of that I've been having some intense suicidal thoughts. I'm not depressed at all (possibly due to being emotionally blunted by the finasteride), but I just get urges to end my life everyday now. Obviously I won't do it as I know it's not the "real" me thinking these thoughts. Also I've been breaking down crying for no reason at all every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Obviously my hormones are all over the place.

As of today I'm 4 weeks off the drug.

I discovered this website after reading hairlosstalk and seeing posts by Maxout777. I've read CD's website and his protocol multiple times now, and am considering starting it. I worked out 4-6x a week before this whole finasteride mess and have never had difficulty sticking to diets or regimes, so I feel like I'm not ready to give up just yet.

However, I'm wondering whether or not I should keep waiting for a couple of weeks to see if my state returns to normal on it's own? As I said I'm four weeks off the drug at this point. Or should I just start the protocol right away?

Thanks guys.
    Welcome.

Jump on the protocol. The sooner and more consistent, the better.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like pfs. Don't chance it. Just get on the protocol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the replies guys. I'll be starting a juice feast next week. Already ordered seven of the herbs, and will be buying more as I get more money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juice feast starts tomorrow, I'm excited. Planning to go for at least a week, two weeks if possible.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whoevencares00 View Post
    Juice feast starts tomorrow, I'm excited. Planning to go for at least a week, two weeks if possible.
    The longer, the better. It is a labor intensive practice but worth every minute of prep. Make sure you're drinking enough...4-6 quarts daily and don't forget to drink water as well. Good luck to you.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"