Hybrid View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recovery Log - Going to Beat This

Hello all,

Glad to be a part of this forum full of such determined people. Hoping we'll all recover soon enough.

Took Finasteride for almost a month (1mg EOD) back in September when ED hit just once, dropped it, two weeks perfectly fine then crashed with pretty major ED, all the usual crazy mental sides. WILD despair and anguish followed before I found Cdnuts and this amazing resource. Realised, as most do, there's no 'cure' and despite the literature with this 'medicine' you may well not recover after two weeks.

From the despair I was in during October I've progressed to a point where I can face a day at work now. Libido is 10% from, like -10%, if we say it was 100% before PFS, erections getting a little better.

Started the protocol back in early November with a 5-day fast - only area I'm slacking in is the cold showers; I'm up to getting warm, lathering up, rinsing off cold. If it wasn't winter I'd be braver. The fast was a surprise, for a whole day afterwards I felt back to normal!

Current herbs are Tribulus, Tongkat, Ashwa, Butea, Mucuna Pruriens, Pine pollen, Catauba bark, Muira Puama, Horny Goat weed. Herb rotation showed very little, and I started with only 5 iirc, but 5a-DHP and Pansterone from idealabs definitely gives me enough to get through the day and sleep just enough. Used to hit the gym regularly, so keeping that up, HIIT replaced regular running/cardio which I must admit I have found extremely difficult to get into! I'm switching it to mornings pre-work, and I'll see if that helps.

Paleo diet I adjusted to fine, still use NO-Xplode preworkout 4xweek.

Erections are a tiny bit better. They're a bit like 6-7/10 compared to my pre-fin state, but they used to 'drop' at first and they don't do so as dramatically now. I had strange aches and pains in November, which seem to have stopped now.

It's VERY soon in, but I'm starting an R-Andro cycle. 100mg this week, 200 next, 300 week after, then 400 for a bit. I'm aware this is VERY VERY early to consider this, but I'll drop it if I feel negatively. So far, little bit of improvement.

If you come here from Google and read this, streaming in tears at the life Finasteride just took from you, breathe and be calm. Believe in this and apply yourself, and you will improve, slowly maybe, until you're better. There'll be ups and downs whatever you take and try, there just will, but apply yourself to this and the only variable is time - you'll heal with this protocol and enough of it, I'm certain.

Have some good things I've learned which HAVE made a difference. I don't want to sound like a veteran PFS sufferer, but I've learned a little:

- I *MUST* admit the first couple of days applying the regimen I was the most sceptical of any sceptic - breathing exercises to cure THIS? What sort of retarded hippy-nonsense is THAT?? HERBS?? Complete garbage... And yet it's really REALLY not. The breathing exercises I've found almost *alarmingly* good for what I'm assuming to be cortisol. Work month to month, don't take anything crazy, develop some patience. This might take a few years to undo, just be prepared for that.

- Belief in getting better and determination do seem to make a difference. The only 'trend' I've really read on people getting better is becoming physically fit - the rest (to my inexperienced mind) is down to luck and time, but consistently the recovery stories come from people who apply themselves.

- Be selfish with your time. You need to be, you just do. Family and relationships need to support you now. Avoid stresses if you can. Take time off sick, take holidays.

- Order that bathmate BECAUSE WHEN YOU GET BETTER you'll be happy it's the same/bigger. Suck up the pride and do it, it's a piece of "medical equipment" for you now, so to speak, not a fetish object.

I've taken comfort in Cdnuts' recovery story, a few others, RickTheRuler has a great current thread and possibly the best attitude on the planet - will be watching this guy especially beat it.

So, that's me. Any comments or criticisms or indeed anything of the sort happily received. I'm glad to be among you all whilst we mend ourselves.
    Last edited by SS7; 01-03-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'll start as I mean to go on!

Gym today, not TOO bad but after my initial crash (where I spent ages in a panic) gym was put off. Now I'm all finasterid-ed up I'm a little less than I was and lifts are down some, but PWO went down and I'm getting back into my old routine. Fierce 5 workout, if anyone wants to try it. Cardio I'm putting off until the morning, just getting my daily routine around HIIT - honestly I'd rather be jogging 30 minutes 3x/week, or better yet sat on the crosstrainer in the nice warm gym for 30 minutes but whatever the testosterone wants it gets! Put on just over 1kg (mostly fat I'm certain) since the fast, which is good.

R-Andro (yes I know, this is extremely early to be trying this, hopefully just about ok) seem to be sitting well. I'll bump up to 200mg/day from Saturday.

Erections seem slightly less good, but libido is definitely a little better today. Had an argument with my boss here and felt like 'standing up' for myself rather than succumbing to the prickly full-body cortisol-dread of a couple months ago. Bit chattier, bit happier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saturday night, just checking in. I'm logging the early stages hugely right now, but this'll probably tail off once the 'routine' of things settles.

Sprints I'm moving to the PM. I just can't seem to live with them before work. Also, just before I was 'edging' and went a little too far, if you get me. Totally accidental, what an idiot, but that's my own fault. Had something of a little mini crash incident afterwards, then picked myself up and got sprinting. R-Andro now at 200mgs and seems to be fine. There are indeed little ups and downs but I'm certainly tolerating it fine so far. 300mgs I'll start middle of next week, then 400mgs for the rest of the cycle. Then back on the herb rotation for 6 weeks. Rinse and repeat.

Erections seem a little better, just a tiny little bit. Nothing spontaneous as such, but talking to a young lady today made me hard-ish. I am starting to think a little sensitivity returned veeryyy subtly. Little hint of libido too.

Sleep was great last night, hoping for my nice 8 hours tonight too.

Had a brief reluctance against the cold showers, but still did them. I am still at a stage where I lather up quick with warm water, then switch it to cold and rinse off. For some off reason Cdnuts' avatar pops into my head when I struggle with the cold, and Yoda-like tells me "you can do this!" That Finasteride brain damage at work I think...

Is it weird that I'm looking forward to my next 5-day fast?

Also worth mentioning that I'm taking 5aDHP and Pansterone from idealabs - would any of the veterans here venture an opinion on that? It does seem to TOTALLY make life bearable.

Thanks all - wishing you the very best in all your recoveries and endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday afternoon - had an awful night's sleep last night. About three hours max of tossing and turning. Woke up, grumbled some vitamins down, that cold water sucked whilst I was under it but when I got out (despite the middle of the UK winter) it wasn't too bad.

Very tired today, but 'feeling' a little bit better now, I have a tiny little bit more zest to me today. Might bump up the dosage to 300mgs tomorrow if I'm feeling as optimistic.

Stumbled across a couple of articles concerning endurance exercise improving 5ar:
    Endurance exercise training enhances local sex steroidogenesis in skeletal muscle. - PubMed - NCBI

Now, applying myself to the protocol properly, I'm doing HIIT Tuesday, Friday and Sunday (option of Saturday.) I wonder if the trade-offs of cortisol and slight test reduction is worth poking a little 5ar along with it. I do wonder how much benefit a 40-minute run once a week in there somewhere would do me. There's a few studies saying resistance training improves 5ar and testosterone also, but another angle of attack might not do any harm. I'm still undecided.

Back to 5-day split at the gym, emphasis on heavy compounds, now looks like:

Monday - International chest day
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - Arms

Cycle I'll do I think for another 4 weeks (total of six weeks.) My goodness, I'm feeling what people mean by "ups and downs" as I've had some swings for certain! But also some good and slightly "male" feelings again. I'm taking this as a good sign that nothing inside me is objecting horribly to the very early first cycle. We'll see.

Will very very slowly creep off the Pansterone and 5aDHP and trust the protocol to do the work. They're great but they're not 'by the book' like I'm needing to be.

Carry on with your recoveries, best of luck with the struggle my friends.
    Last edited by SS7; 01-07-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returning - stressy stressy day but handled it, slept about 7/10 last night. Was feeling a little down only to realise that brain fog is in fact lifting solidly, the tingling cortisol panic/rushes haven't happened to me in a good couple of weeks I think now, and post-gym feel good. Managed a decent 'edging' session in the shower. Not much libido really but 'some' at least - like a little of my old self is actually and genuinely coming up, just a tiny taste of it. I'm taking it as a good sign, and (as I'm due a little optimism) that the cycle SO FAR is doing me some good.

I needed sleep this morning more than HIIT so that's now tomorrow, before leg-day in the evening. To my mind a worthwhile trade-off.

Meditating I need to get better at I think; it's feeling like a 'chore' rather than a 'benefit', however breathing exercises (which I do in bed AM and PM) are still useful.

I'm wondering if I should continue with taking my pre-workout too. Anyone got any opinions on that? It's this stuff. Been drinking it (long) in cycles for years.

Thanks for reading everyone.
    Last edited by SS7; 01-08-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly dude, it looks like you're punching PFS in the dick. You're doing everything right.

I took 5aDHP during my initial crash. It worked amazingly well. I don't take it anymore though - don't need it.

Way it sounds you'll be fine again before you know it. I just wouldn't get obsessed with the forum. It's a wonderful resource, but sometimes it's nice to take days that aren't all about PFS.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    Honestly dude, it looks like you're punching PFS in the dick. You're doing everything right.

I took 5aDHP during my initial crash. It worked amazingly well. I don't take it anymore though - don't need it.

Way it sounds you'll be fine again before you know it. I just wouldn't get obsessed with the forum. It's a wonderful resource, but sometimes it's nice to take days that aren't all about PFS.
    5adhp worked so well for the first time and then never worked ever again. very strange.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks my friend - that's an encouraging message. Rough night again, seems to be a current trend but I'll ride it out. Got up early and did my HIIT in the park. Shower, lemon, did breathing but no morning meditation today. Personally feel VERY low today, but that's personal life things rather than PFS. All things considered I'm handling it alright I think. I hear you on staying off the fora here but it's motivational to me at this point rather than obsessive - I'm definitely update-heavy though, might well taper off once I get more 'established' in things. Cleaning the house at the weekend and buying a few bits and pieces to make life a little more convenient, that should take me off 'PFS-attack' for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    5adhp worked so well for the first time and then never worked ever again. very strange.
    Hey there - yes it's a strange one. Needed a little bit at the start, then effects waned so tried a tad more, now on the Andro run it seems to be almost unnecessary, so tapering it down slow. Currently on 1 drop AM and 1 drop PM. Definitely the Pansterone was handy, now it really seems to be doing less, so I take 1 drop AM 1 drop PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Mal, at which point are you with your recovery?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biatch View Post
    Master Mal, at which point are you with your recovery?
    I was doing great then crashed due to being exposed to some bad bathcare products while I was couch surfing back in September. I was pretty bad for a month, then have steadily recovered. Just started my 4th run of pro hormones and I'm sitting at 90% right now. Hooked up with a date last Saturday and came super quickly because it's been a five month dry spell, but I got perfectly hard two minutes after and had a great time. If I hold this state for a while I'd honestly consider myself recovered.