Thread: Carnivore Diet

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnivore Diet

I'm really intrigued by this

I follow Victor Pride, bold and determined podcast.

Dude spits so much truth and the way he's describing carnivore diet vs. not doing it reflect my limited experience with it so thinking about trying it

opinions?

I had a big salad and got crazy brainfog/laziness

but with a pure meat meal I did not lose much momentum
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think for the severely gut compromised that can't digest any plants would be beneficial temporarily.
    But I do think there's benefits to eating some plants eg phytonutrients

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnivore Diet

How are you digestion wise?
    Someone once asked a man how he was. He replied, “I’m going through hell!” Said his friend: “Well, keep on going. That is no place to stop!”

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnivore Diet

Meat and seafood is great, but for me personally, The plants & fruits over time seemed to help the speed of my digestion a lot. It was really slow at first. now I go 2-4x a day. Gosh I remember shitting once every 2-3 days..

The thing I don’t get about these diets that cut a certain food group completely out is how your going to get certain nutrients or minerals that your body needs? When your vegan, you miss out on certain things that meats/seafoods bring to the table. A lot of vegans honestly look kind of depleted... same would go for a carnivore diet I assume, though imo that’s a way better option than a vegan diet, your still missing something in the nutrient puzzle..

The looser version of paleo (basically what’s on TMO) is perfect imo.. you don’t feel so limited, or stressed out that you have to watch everything you eat & be super strict..in fact all the diet is pretty much saying is to cut out junk and bs processed things like McDonald’s or your regular old Chinese food spot or whatever.
    Fruits, veg, meats, organs, seafood, eggs, nuts, cheese, dairy, gluten free carbs/starches.

your getting pretty much everything and some nutrient wise, which is what we need in our state the most, we have to fill in all the nutritional gaps.

And Yeah you can supplement when doing these diets to make up for what you remove , but I don’t agree with supplementing to COMPLETELY replace something.. you should get all your vitamins/nutrients/minerals in food.. the supps, protein shakes, herbs, & everything else we take should be the cherry on top for assurance & something extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    Meat and seafood is great, but for me personally, The plants & fruits over time seemed to help the speed of my digestion a lot. It was really slow at first. now I go 2-4x a day. Gosh I remember shitting once every 2-3 days..

The thing I don’t get about these diets that cut a certain food group completely out is how your going to get certain nutrients or minerals that your body needs? When your vegan, you miss out on certain things that meats/seafoods bring to the table. A lot of vegans honestly look kind of depleted... same would go for a carnivore diet I assume, though imo that’s a way better option than a vegan diet, your still missing something in the nutrient puzzle..

The looser version of paleo (basically what’s on TMO) is perfect imo.. you don’t feel so limited, or stressed out that you have to watch everything you eat & be super strict..in fact all the diet is pretty much saying is to cut out junk and bs processed things like McDonald’s or your regular old Chinese food spot or whatever.
    Fruits, veg, meats, organs, seafood, eggs, nuts, cheese, dairy, gluten free carbs/starches.

your getting pretty much everything and some nutrient wise, which is what we need in our state the most, we have to fill in all the nutritional gaps.

And Yeah you can supplement when doing these diets to make up for what you remove , but I don’t agree with supplementing to COMPLETELY replace something.. you should get all your vitamins/nutrients/minerals in food.. the supps, protein shakes, herbs, & everything else we take should be the cherry on top for assurance & something extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This^^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"