User Tag List

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBD oil behaves just like a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor

I have used several brands and forms of CBD. Ive used full spectrum oils, vapes and edibles. Among brands used have been Pure Spectrum vape cartridges in the 250 strength, Pro Verde verified 1,000mg packs of gummies, Platinum X CBD vape in 900mg sour diesel, various Hemp Bombs products, 1,000mg oil from Cbdistillery and Green Day vape.

Most of these products have all been PHENOMENAL at reducing my chronic back pain. The anxiety reduction has been amazing as well.

But they all zap my sexual desire dead as fuck within a couple days of use, my erectile function is severely impaired, gym pumps are drastically reduced and my "hang" is much less meaty.

This negative effect sometimes lasts weeks after use.

This is similar to what I experienced from known 5 alpha reductase inhibitors like saw palmetto and fenugreek. Could something in the hemp be a 5AR inhibitor?

My cousin's husband has a certificate from a cannabis science correspondence program. He told me the oil is chock full of 5-AR inhibiting compounds like GLA. I can believe it. It almost completely severs the connection between my thoughts and genitals.

Anyone else ever experience this?

I LOVE CBD, but this trade off isn't worth my sex life.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first crash came after a massive smoking session. I'm convinced it contributed to it massively.
    Personally, I'd avoid that shit like the plague.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used CBD when I first crashed and it made me worse. It's also estrogenic I think.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely no good for sex drive.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been weeks since my last use of CBD oil and I saw my first glimmer of recovery when I woke up to a nocturnal erection last night. If you are sensitive to 5AR inhibition in any way, avoid CBD like the plague.

It's like someone flipped the off switch on sex drive and pumps. Like nitric oxide just doesnt exist at all in your body.

Flat and dead is the best description.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    It's been weeks since my last use of CBD oil and I saw my first glimmer of recovery when I woke up to a nocturnal erection last night. If you are sensitive to 5AR inhibition in any way, avoid CBD like the plague.

It's like someone flipped the off switch on sex drive and pumps. Like nitric oxide just doesnt exist at all in your body.

Flat and dead is the best description.
    Thanks for sharing this. Again I think it comes down to genetics with this. Some guys get effected, others don't.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"