Thread: Antidepressants

Hybrid View

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antidepressants

This crashing period has been pretty rough and some mental sides, like depression, suicide ideation and anhedonia, are preventing me from doing a lot of things that are required to do in the protocol to get better.
    What are your thoughts on taking Fluvoxamine alongside L acetylcarnitine and a sleeping AID? A doctor who apparently has treated PFS before recommended me this.
    Has any of you taken any sorts of SSRI in your journey?
    Will this make the matters worse and fuck up my recovery?
    Last edited by DagyDog; 01-10-2019 at 07:14 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just from having read SSRIs can themselves induce PFS I'd steer well clear.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DagyDog View Post
    This crashing period has been pretty rough and some mental sides, like depression, suicide ideation and anhedonia, are preventing me from doing a lot of things that are required to do in the protocol to get better.
    What are your thoughts on taking Fluvoxamine alongside L acetylcarnitine and a sleeping AID? A doctor who apparently has treated PFS before recommended me this.
    Has any of you taken any sorts of SSRI in your journey?
    Will this make the matters worse and fuck up my recovery?
    Horrible idea. All or nothing...that's how this works. There is no middle ground here.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Horrible idea. All or nothing...that's how this works. There is no middle ground here.
    You think if I quit cold turkey the antidepressants that I've been taking for 2 days i will have a PSSD crash?
    Should I tapper the Antidepressant jnstead of quiting cold turkey?
    The medication i was taking was Luvox.
    I just took it due to my family forcing medication on me and somewhat being desesperate due to the side effects.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You think if I quit cold turkey the antidepressants that I've been taking for 2 days i will have a PSSD crash?
    Should I tapper the Antidepressant jnstead of quiting cold turkey?
    The medication i was taking was Luvox.
    I just took it due to my family forcing medication on me and somewhat being desesperate due to the side effects.
    I'm not a doctor, but two days isn't long enough to cause a serious problem if you discontinue now. Better now then later.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but two days isn't long enough to cause a serious problem if you discontinue now. Better now then later.
    I'm somewhat afraid I might be unable to recover due to all the years i've been on and off with psych meds.
    Since I was 14 my family has pilled me up, in a way, with meds. Funilly enough I didn't have any sort of mental illness (Confirmed by a psychiatrist this year).
    In 2018, as my mental health was declining due to the finasteride I was taking, I got interned several times on psychiatric hospitals. Three internations in total.
    In the first one I was given quietapine for a week and I discontinued shortly after. In the second one, near august, I was given Olanzapine and I took it for nearly a month, I tappered it down. In the last one they gave me Rispiridone which also I took it for a month or so. Then I found the shrink that told me I wasn't crazy and he just gave me aripripazole, stopped it after 2 weeks or so.
    As you see CD, I'm really convoluted by all of this.
    Do you think aside of the PFS i grabbed PSSD?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm somewhat afraid I might be unable to recover due to all the years i've been on and off with psych meds.
    Since I was 14 my family has pilled me up, in a way, with meds. Funilly enough I didn't have any sort of mental illness (Confirmed by a psychiatrist this year).
    In 2018, as my mental health was declining due to the finasteride I was taking, I got interned several times on psychiatric hospitals. Three internations in total.
    In the first one I was given quietapine for a week and I discontinued shortly after. In the second one, near august, I was given Olanzapine and I took it for nearly a month, I tappered it down. In the last one they gave me Rispiridone which also I took it for a month or so. Then I found the shrink that told me I wasn't crazy and he just gave me aripripazole, stopped it after 2 weeks or so.
    As you see CD, I'm really convoluted by all of this.
    Do you think aside of the PFS i grabbed PSSD?
    none of those drugs are antidepressants so why would you think you have PSSD? it's pretty messed up that they kept giving you antipsychotics if you're not schizo or bipolar though.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo do cdsnuts protocol for 2 years and only after you do that if you think you need an anti depressant do it (hint; you won't need it by then)
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been on antidepressants for 10 years. This program also got me off them. I feel better now than before PFS, 9/10 days.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump_1776 View Post
    I had been on antidepressants for 10 years. This program also got me off them. I feel better now than before PFS, 9/10 days.
    This is what happens, most every time if people can un-doctrinate themselves and get out of their own way.

Please share this within the recovery section as getting off anti-s are quite a challenge. This will give hope and motivation to alot of people Trump.