User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letting neighbors know

One of the main problems with dealing with this is not so much the symptoms,but the Isolation this condition brings. The medical field doesn't know what the fuck to do about you so they deny your condition, pharma just sits on the back without aknowledging their mess, but most importantly -society is not aware of this condition. You are technically shun from society in a big aspect.

The efforts I tend to see in the PFS community to beg for academia to sort out this problem seem futile given that for THAT to happen, an awareness must be created first.
    Generally the public would be worried by hearing all the horror stories: All the women who are damaged with PFS like symptoms each year by the use of anticontraceptives like Yasmin, thousands of already mentally damaged people getting hit by PSSD, lots of teenagers getting struck with horrible endocrine side effects by the use of Acutane and of course, us.

People would be outraged by all of this and we would get some media traction which would help for more funding and reasearch of all this mess but most importantly, It would let society know about this pharmautical pandemic that is going on with a shitload of meds.
    There's some youtube content here and there about all this conditions but it's preety much invisible and most websites that talk about this seem preety useless,not in the sense of not being informative, but in the sense that there's not an awareness being created in regards of this conditions. It would be a far better idea for The PFS foundation and Propecia help to instead relying on the same dog that bit them, to make an awareness campaign first......but this is highly improbable to happen in the near future.

A far more plausible thing would be that the most well known PFS, PSSD, Post acutane and Post yasmin recoverers to get into a proper media outlet, like a podcast.
    The idea of getting someone who has overcomed this condition and let their stories be heard not by the sufferers of this condition,but the avarege joe, would be the first step.
    Just imagine if Chi, BrongFogBoy or CD could get a a talk with Joe rogan or Jocko willink. Letting all the viewers hear about their crash, frustration with the medical system, array of side effects and ways they crawled out of that pit of despair - that would make for a great podcast.

Of course there's going to be users trying to dispute what i'm saying, telling me to quit whinning and just get into sorting myself out. By saying all this i'm not advocating for us to just sit around and wait for this to happen without implementing any regimes to get our life back, that would be pretty idiotic if you ask me. All of what I'm talking about here would be an addon to all of this -a great one.

It's soul crushing how millions of individuals are affected by the conditions that I'm talking but they are invisible to society, due to a lack of awareness that has been made.
    If you recover that's fantastic, not denying that, but that won't prevent more people each year of falling into this pharmaceutical black hole.

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.”

― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, if wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak.

I don't mean to be a dick, but are you sure you have the right mindset for this forum? You're obsessing on something you literally can't change. This place is about taking hold of what you CAN control in your life and driving yourself to recover and improve yourself as a human being. Stop despairing about society so much and get into a more selfish and constructive state of mind. Nobody that has recovered owes you anything.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letting neighbors know

If there was ever a time to not give a fuck about ANYBODY, it’s now dude. You HAVE to recover man. You HAVE to, before anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short answer, yes I think if someone such as CD was to go on Joe Rogan, it would be good, I've thought of that before you even mentioned it.
    The truth will come out eventually, I'm surprised it already hasn't, since there's loads of famous athletes and actors taking finasteride.
    I mean just imagine if someone like Wayne Rooney in his prime had to quit playing football (soccer) because of PFS side effects.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Short answer, yes I think if someone such as CD was to go on Joe Rogan, it would be good, I've thought of that before you even mentioned it.
    The truth will come out eventually, I'm surprised it already hasn't, since there's loads of famous athletes and actors taking finasteride.
    I mean just imagine if someone like Wayne Rooney in his prime had to quit playing football (soccer) because of PFS side effects.
    We do have a famous PFS sufferer here. Well, no one knows he has PFS. Here...this little forum in a quiet corner of the net. That's all I'm going to say. He's registered on this forum and I've been helping him here and there. I was pumped at first. I just thought it was pretty fucking cool. Aaaaaannnd mouth closing.......now.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-22-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    We do have a famous PFS sufferer here. Well, no one knows he has PFS. Here...this little forum in a quiet corner of the net. That's all I'm going to say. He's registered on this forum and I've been helping him here and there. I was pumped at first. I just thought it was pretty fucking cool. Aaaaaannnd mouth closing.......now.
    I'm beyond intrigued, but respect privacy lol

You helping someone like that get fixed could be a potential game changer for things going foreward.

Depending on if such a person was wanting to look back post recovery and shine some light/attention to help this community.

Could be a beautiful thing. In that one way I suppose its cool.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 01-22-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    If a lot of guys flooded youtube and other media with their stories then it gets harder to ignore. There's only a few out there now, like that guy in England who also got his story told in the paper and went on a talk show.

I wrote my story - highlighting that it was an OTC product I used to a few papers but no responses.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    I'm beyond intrigued, but respect privacy lol

You helping someone like that get fixed could be a potential game changer for things going foreward.

Depending on if such a person was wanting to look back post recovery and shine some light/attention to help this community.

Could be a beautiful thing. In that one way I suppose its cool.
    I feel shitty even posting that last post, but I think it was vague enough.

And yes, It would be game changing. I am planning on going to sit with him for a bit to talk.

It may seem like a slow trickle now, but momentum takes time to build. Things start happening faster and fast the longer we're around.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel shitty even posting that last post, but I think it was vague enough.

And yes, It would be game changing. I am planning on going to sit with him for a bit to talk.

It may seem like a slow trickle now, but momentum takes time to build. Things start happening faster and fast the longer we're around.
    lol you literally gave nothing away brother...Thousands and thousands of people are considered famous these days
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CD,

Just came across this and couldn't help but wonder and ask if our famous PFSer has now recovered