Hi Kate - if you're still here, stick with us. As you can see you've had a lot of people chime in and a lot to read!

If it's a lot to process, don't worry. As the majority of people have said, there is definitely no "quick fix" for this and it must be so so so upsetting to see your son like this. I can also promise it's hell for him, hell like nothing else. But we have a way out.

Follow the protocol, as everyone here suggests - just a reminder of that. It's a tough route, but stick it.

Please, for the time being, do ignore Brazilianguy - his heart's so in the right place but he definitely doesn't have the answers for you. Follow the protocol as we all are, and reap the improvements as we all are. I couldn't recommend anything else. But hell at 19 years old my money's on him being one of the swifter recoveries!

With any luck a Moderator called Cdnuts will be along shortly - he knows everything there is to know and, if you hadn't guessed already, fixed himself of PFS and wrote the protocol we all follow. I am certain the only advice he'll offer though is to follow and do everything as outlined: Total Male Optimization

Buy what you can of the herb rotation for Lost Empire as linked, their quality is superb. Don't have to get the whole lot at once but CERTAINLY get enough for a weekly rotation at first, and with the rotation the supply you get in will last for ages.

So, first thing to do is get the fast underway! I did 7 days myself, and SERIOUSLY I felt 100% on the day after! I'm willing to bet that fasting alone cures some outright even! During that, prepare for the juicing. I'd make that a solid few weeks myself. That should get you time to have the herbs in and start the rotation and the exercise, with a grip on meditation and breathing exercises. Don't miss out ANY part, especially the cold showers. They're no fun but you do get used to them (I'm the biggest complainer when it comes to those honestly!)

...And again, 19 years old?? This young man will be a BEAST when he's recovered!

You're a great mum - keep at this and maybe get him to join us? We're a gruff bunch but we love a committed sufferer working to their recovery. He'd be very welcome here.

There are other fora working on "cures" (and some are getting huge strides along) but DO NOT go looking for them. I promise you'll spend days/weeks researching dead ends and (worse) spend hundreds on useless supplements and waste a lot of hope and energy. This site here is all you need. Don't worry - if gbold and/or the propeciahelp crew DO find an insta-cure we'll certainly post it up!

In short, keep helping your son, do the protocol, you'll both get through this.