User Tag List

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunlight Increases Testosterone Production

The following represents an article originally published for Primordial Performance.

©Eric Potratz, All Rights Reserved.
    Printed with Permission.

October 14th, 2009 – Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Try Sunlight.

Research shows that testosterone levels are highest in men during the summer months of June though July. (1) In a study involving men between the ages of 19-30, researchers found that only 1 hour of sunlight exposure stimulated luteinizing hormone (LH) production by 69.5% (2) luteinizing hormone is the primary hormone that signals the testes to increase testosterone production.

Sunlight exposure is also the main source of vitamin D production in the body, and low vitamin D levels are a good indicator of insufficient sunlight exposure. Therefore, testing for vitamin D can be an excellent way to ensure you are getting enough sunlight for optimal testosterone levels.

The take home message – Get outside as much as possible!

-Eric Potratz
    Founder & President

References

1. Variation in Levels of Serum Inhibin B, Testosterone, Estradiol, Luteinizing Hormone, Follicle-Stimulating Hormone, and Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin in Monthly Samples from Healthy Men during a 17-Month Period: Possible Effects of Seasons
    Anna-Maria Andersson, et al
    J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Feb 2003; 88: 932 – 937.

2. Luteinizing hormone following light exposure in healthy young men
    IY Yoon, et al.
    Neurosci Lett, April 24, 2003; 341(1): 25-8

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes complete sense, and i believe in that for sure, however i just want to say that there is an unbelievable amount of contradictions out there concerning T production. I don't have the link because i read the article many months ago, but it was referencing a study showing that male T levels were higher in the winter! The study concluded that it was because testis produce more T in cooler conditions, which is also true.
    Personally i feel great in the summer and nowhere near so good in the winter, so i'm going with your take on it - summer trumps winter for T, but if you can enjoy the summer with an ice pack wrapped around your balls, you are gunna be feeling top of the world!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Sun!!! I would say, however, that it has far more benefits than Vit-D alone (it is made from UV-B rays, but other rays from the sun are also super
    healing and beneficial, such as infrared, red and UV-A. Vit-D is super important, for sure but, for example, photomedicine expert Dr. Alexander Wunsch says it may only account for a 20-30% of its overall benefits. This short video expands a bit on this Top 5 Benefits of SUN that ARE NOT Vitamin D - YouTube). This longer one is from Wunsch himself: Why the Sun is Necessary for Optimal Health - YouTube

Also, for anyone who is into health and wellness I´d strongly recommend Dr. Jack Kruse. He not only has writen extensively about the Sun, but he is also developing a theory of "quantum health" or how quantum physics applied to biology can explain many fenomena, including health and disease. He also developed his "Cold Thermogenesis Protocol" and yeah, this one also improves T production as @English pointed out. Nourish Vermont 2016 // Dr. Jack Kruse: How to Bio-Hack Your Zip Code for Optimal Health - YouTube and Nourish Vermont 2016 // Dr. Jack Kruse: How to Bio-Hack Your Zip Code for Optimal Health - YouTube

Hoping someone gets some value from this!! I think Kruse´s ideas are key for health...Long story short: Get outdoors, in the Sun, in nature, expose yourself to cold, avoid nnEMF´s and bluelight at night. And then report how you are feeling!!!