User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tumeric/Curcumin

What's the consensis opinion here on the board about using these? Tumeric is fantastic for most people, but I do feel that I've felt some of the 5ar effects that curcumin supposedly has.

Lower sex drive, more depersonalization, slight shrinkage, ect. Only short term effects I've percieved. No real crash.

I'd honestly love to hear its fine because it really helps my UC.
    Its only work until its routine

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turmeric is powerful, it has incredible effects in reducing colon polyps and even helping fight colon cancer. (NutritionFacts.org has info on turmeric and cancer.) However, it’s also a 5AR inhibitor, to some extent.

The studies on food or spice effect tend to involve force feeding rats massive amounts of one food or spice and seeing what it does - just to see if it has any effect at all. But that doesn’t tell us what happens from eating normal amounts.

Turmeric *extract* is a potent 5AR inhibitor, so never take turmeric pills. It would be like eating a huge amount of turmeric that nobody would ever eat all at once in real life.

Personally, I stopped adding turmeric to my food, and I will not even consider it until I have recovered, plus an additional year. At that point, I might think about eating small amounts of it on occasion.

No one gets PFS from turmeric, but if you’re recovering from PFS, my guess is that eating small amounts of turmeric occasionally might slow down your recovery. If you do have colon polyps, then the benefits probably outweigh the risks, because you don’t want colon cancer.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Turmeric is powerful, it has incredible effects in reducing colon polyps and even helping fight colon cancer. (NutritionFacts.org has info on turmeric and cancer.) However, it’s also a 5AR inhibitor, to some extent.

The studies on food or spice effect tend to involve force feeding rats massive amounts of one food or spice and seeing what it does - just to see if it has any effect at all. But that doesn’t tell us what happens from eating normal amounts.

Turmeric *extract* is a potent 5AR inhibitor, so never take turmeric pills. It would be like eating a huge amount of turmeric that nobody would ever eat all at once in real life.

Personally, I stopped adding turmeric to my food, and I will not even consider it until I have recovered, plus an additional year. At that point, I might think about eating small amounts of it on occasion.

No one gets PFS from turmeric, but if you’re recovering from PFS, my guess is that eating small amounts of turmeric occasionally might slow down your recovery. If you do have colon polyps, then the benefits probably outweigh the risks, because you don’t want colon cancer.
    I agree with this for the most part
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I agree with this for the most part
    You feel any 5ar effects with curcumin plus bereberine? Not sufficient to crash but symptoms

In this study it increased bio availability by 2000% in the blood when combining the two.

Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

Normal tumeric is definitely ok, but that's quite potent combining an extract with 2000% absorption
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I eat curry all the time and am coming along fine. Learning that it's good for colon polyps is a bonus... I have serrated polyposis syndrome

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    You feel any 5ar effects with curcumin plus bereberine? Not sufficient to crash but symptoms

In this study it increased bio availability by 2000% in the blood when combining the two.

Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

Normal tumeric is definitely ok, but that's quite potent combining an extract with 2000% absorption
    I would personally stay away from tumeric extracts for that very reason, yes.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    What's the consensis opinion here on the board about using these? Tumeric is fantastic for most people, but I do feel that I've felt some of the 5ar effects that curcumin supposedly has.

Lower sex drive, more depersonalization, slight shrinkage, ect. Only short term effects I've percieved. No real crash.

I'd honestly love to hear its fine because it really helps my UC.
    id say i had a bit of a crash from using tumeric+pepper, i felt i went backwards by a lot after using it. it was literally the only thing i changed. i had bad depression/low sex drive after doing it, dont underestimate it. also i got some premature ejaculation come back from it too. it took me 1 month and a half to recover from the bad feeling it sent me down. i didnt believe it was the tumeric but it made complete sense. very strange, i thought i was the only one who crashed from it tbh (ik u said u didnt crash but the fact u got these sides makes me more certain of my situation)

i added black pepper with the tumeric which increases bio availability by 10,000%. thought i was doing the right thing, i wasnt even taking much, like a teaspoon or 2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few teaspoons of turmeric with black pepper is like eating a whole bowl of turmeric. Come to think of it, I used to use both pepper and turmeric when I made certain recipes... that’s not good.

Although I previously said to avoid it altogether until fully healed, I think it’s probably okay to have reasonable amounts of turmeric as long as the meal doesn’t have any black pepper in it.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been known to use Curamed brand. It's the most potent Curcumin supplement on the market.

More than a few days of consecutive use, and my erections weaken and my sex drive gradually wanes. It does not crash me hard, or for a substantial length of time, but it's no bueno long term for those of us who have crashed.