User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I reach for them once and awhile. Sometimes I will have a random day where I have 2-3, but typically more typical is 0-1 a day. Been a bit different now since I have a new peptopro source.
    This. I usually will just drink one if I think "hmm, today is a little low on protein."

Though I'll be drinking 3-4 a day when my next plan kicks in.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the Velocity diet stuff (aka Josh eating little real food):

It works. My buddy used the velocity diet for his first precontest. As a natural athlete (100% all natural, trust) he slimmed down really fast. It was just insanely difficult to stay on the diet. I don't see it being worth the muscle loss but it's extremely effective at making someone really lean, really fast.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How many shakes a day?

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    To the Velocity diet stuff (aka Josh eating little real food):

It works. My buddy used the velocity diet for his first precontest. As a natural athlete (100% all natural, trust) he slimmed down really fast. It was just insanely difficult to stay on the diet. I don't see it being worth the muscle loss but it's extremely effective at making someone really lean, really fast.
    For me, the goal isn't so much about the fat loss but rather the mindset. I have been having a hard time sticking with dieting recently and am taking this challenge on as a way to give myself a hard reboot sort to speak. I was recently reading Dan johns book Never Let Go in which he has a chapter on free will followed by a chapter on the velocity diet and it sounded like a good plan for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    For me, the goal isn't so much about the fat loss but rather the mindset. I have been having a hard time sticking with dieting recently and am taking this challenge on as a way to give myself a hard reboot sort to speak. I was recently reading Dan johns book Never Let Go in which he has a chapter on free will followed by a chapter on the velocity diet and it sounded like a good plan for me.
    Interesting. Shugart over at Tnation says the V diet is good for this as well.

Are you using Tnation supps as well?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How many shakes a day?

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post

Are you using Tnation supps as well?
    Hell no

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I only do 2 a day at most.

I'll have one (40g) first thing in the morning when I get up, and another right after my workout.

I use Optimum Nutrition, they make some good stuff.
    I used to use that stuff for a very very long time, and believe me, RXWhey trumps them any day... Flavor, consistency, and RXWhey has absolutely no fillers of any kind in any of their products. I'll stand by these guys for a very very long time!!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems excessive

you counting grams of meat or protein in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    Some days I will struggle to get 370-400 g protein so shakes comme in handy.. Other days no problem stuffing in the food.. I guess it depends on your appetite and eating habits!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll eat bfast, and drink a shake consisting of 1 scoop of pro blend, 1 scoop of toco-8, 2000mg of vit c, 1 scoop of Raw Fiber (garden of life), and I use this to take my vitamins for the day. I'll have 12 g of peptopro, 3 g of creatine hcl, 6 g of citrulline malate, and 1.5 g of agmatine sulfate pre workout. I'll also have a post wo shake with 12 g of peptopro and 2 scoops of pro blend. Lastly, I'll have 2 scoops of casein protein before bed. I do eat 5 real meals a day too. This works for me, and I also drink over 1.5-2 gallons of water/day.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Those shakes sound well thought out O_Ryan. Kind of reminds me of how I want to start juicing and adding in protein powder.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None!!
    Right now.. Lol
    I always feel like I get leaner and in better shape without shakes or protein powder in general. I like to eat it for a snack so I end up going overboard so I just don't keep it around or I keep it where its a pain to get to.
    Will be picking up some items from RXwhey soon for some pepto pro and and pro blend.
    Last edited by Scope75; 12-05-2012 at 11:37 PM.