User Tag List

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going through a significant downswing now. I ate a small pack of Starburst last week and I’m not sure if that triggered it; I also had gluten-free soy sauce while I was on a date on Saturday. A few weeks ago I visited my mom and ended up having some chewing gum, and some pre-packaged food like gluten free waffles, and I’m not sure if that derailed me.

On Friday and Saturday I managed to stay asleep much longer than normal, and I got 9 hours and then 11 hours the next day. This is potentially a good sign because i can hardly remember being able to sleep that many hours in a row, at least on a back to back day basis.

That was followed by days of 5 hours (foolishly listened to music at night which took me out of sleep mode,) and then 5 hours again last night (was too amped up,) so I’m exhausted, as usual. It’ll be nice to be able to sleep until 9 or 10 AM and just work later, unless I need to speak with a client earlier or something.

Shortly after my last post, I also hit a rough patch emotionally for several days, and that may have also caused the downswing. I ended up not going to the gym for 3 or 4 days last week because of how anxious and distraught I was.

Last week I eased back into the gym after the skipped days and I only did 10 sets instead of 15, because I really wanted to leave the entire time. Better than nothing. I also did HIIT on Saturday and Monday.

I’m approaching Week 4 of the prohormone cycle and I don’t know if I should stop at week 5 or 6, if I’m getting suppressed or not.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I’m going through a significant downswing now. I ate a small pack of Starburst last week and I’m not sure if that triggered it; I also had gluten-free soy sauce while I was on a date on Saturday. A few weeks ago I visited my mom and ended up having some chewing gum, and some pre-packaged food like gluten free waffles, and I’m not sure if that derailed me.

On Friday and Saturday I managed to stay asleep much longer than normal, and I got 9 hours and then 11 hours the next day. This is potentially a good sign because i can hardly remember being able to sleep that many hours in a row, at least on a back to back day basis.

That was followed by days of 5 hours (foolishly listened to music at night which took me out of sleep mode,) and then 5 hours again last night (was too amped up,) so I’m exhausted, as usual. It’ll be nice to be able to sleep until 9 or 10 AM and just work later, unless I need to speak with a client earlier or something.

Shortly after my last post, I also hit a rough patch emotionally for several days, and that may have also caused the downswing. I ended up not going to the gym for 3 or 4 days last week because of how anxious and distraught I was.

Last week I eased back into the gym after the skipped days and I only did 10 sets instead of 15, because I really wanted to leave the entire time. Better than nothing. I also did HIIT on Saturday and Monday.

I’m approaching Week 4 of the prohormone cycle and I don’t know if I should stop at week 5 or 6, if I’m getting suppressed or not.
    There is no ryhm or reason for downswings other then your bodies natural cleansing cycles. You can't really bring them on or turn them off. They happen. Constantly up and down with more ups and less downs as you progress. Dont' beat yourself up over it.

The only thing you can do is ride it out and stick to the protocol STRONGER then ever until it passes.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    There is no ryhm or reason for downswings other then your bodies natural cleansing cycles. You can't really bring them on or turn them off. They happen. Constantly up and down with more ups and less downs as you progress. Dont' beat yourself up over it.

The only thing you can do is ride it out and stick to the protocol STRONGER then ever until it passes.
    Thanks, I am hitting my workouts harder this week. The body does what it wants to do, but in downswings I usually second-guess everything.

Earlier I felt like I was getting close because I had two upswings (1 week each) within 4 weeks and now it’s like it backed off and I have a longer downswing. But the recent upswings have been the best ones of all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have broken my toe; I had to rush to answer a phone call, and when I moved quickly, I slammed my toe very hard into a dumbbell that I’d carelessly left on the floor. Minutes later, it still hurt and my sock was bloody where I’d hit the dumbbell. The nail is still intact, thankfully. It hurt to walk, but I still made it to the gym for back day. (3/4 mile walk to the gym.) The walk back hurt less.

I’m not going to sprint today / Saturday if it still hurts, and we’ll see about Sunday. If it’s broken I have to wait for it to heal up for a bit.

My legs are a little sore from a good leg workout, which is nice. Need to up the intensity for the other lifts as well. Also finally reaching 5 days of nofap 🙄 which is my 2021 record, sadly. Going to try for at least 60, if not 90+, if possible.

They don’t do much for a minorly broken toe like this may be, so I’m fine with a band aid. Hopefully in a few days it won’t hurt, and then I can safely sprint maybe next weekend... I don’t care about the pain, but I don’t want to lose the nail or cause a minor break not to heal properly if I pushed myself and did sprints too soon. OTOH, I’m not waiting 6 weeks to sprint if I feel okay after just a few days.

My business is picking up and I did get paid. Feels good. Hustling this weekend, especially since it hurts to walk.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have broken my toe; I had to rush to answer a phone call, and when I moved quickly, I slammed my toe very hard into a dumbbell that I’d carelessly left on the floor. Minutes later, it still hurt and my sock was bloody where I’d hit the dumbbell. The nail is still intact, thankfully. It hurt to walk, but I still made it to the gym for back day. (3/4 mile walk to the gym.) The walk back hurt less.

I’m not going to sprint today / Saturday if it still hurts, and we’ll see about Sunday. If it’s broken I have to wait for it to heal up for a bit.

My legs are a little sore from a good leg workout, which is nice. Need to up the intensity for the other lifts as well. Also finally reaching 5 days of nofap 🙄 which is my 2021 record, sadly. Going to try for at least 60, if not 90+, if possible.

They don’t do much for a minorly broken toe like this may be, so I’m fine with a band aid. Hopefully in a few days it won’t hurt, and then I can safely sprint maybe next weekend... I don’t care about the pain, but I don’t want to lose the nail or cause a minor break not to heal properly if I pushed myself and did sprints too soon. OTOH, I’m not waiting 6 weeks to sprint if I feel okay after just a few days.

My business is picking up and I did get paid. Feels good. Hustling this weekend, especially since it hurts to walk.
    I feel you on the broken toe. If it still hurts by sprint time, simply slam your other toes into bricks to take the pain away from the broken one. Science.

Also if 5 days of nofap is an impressive feat, you’re WAY ahead of the game. I swear I haven’t felt the need to touch my dick in like 2 months, and I’ve considered myself doing “well” lately.

You’re doing fine my friend. Tough it the fuck out and get it done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I feel you on the broken toe. If it still hurts by sprint time, simply slam your other toes into bricks to take the pain away from the broken one. Science.

Also if 5 days of nofap is an impressive feat, you’re WAY ahead of the game. I swear I haven’t felt the need to touch my dick in like 2 months, and I’ve considered myself doing “well” lately.

You’re doing fine my friend. Tough it the fuck out and get it done.
    Haha, well I can’t argue with science!

Thanks for the encouragement In the worst depths of my PFS, I’d feel slightly horny every 10 - 14 days, so my libido never really went away fully. Just 90% or so. I’ve made a lot of progress, and sometimes I forget how far I’ve come until someone points it out.

My toe is feeling somewhat improved, but I can’t run on it this weekend. I’m sure it’s slightly broken, so I’ll have to wait at least until I can walk without any pain.

During upswings earlier this year, I felt somewhat pre-fin libido (horny every day, even if I fapped the day before). I just want to stack some more upswings together and get to the damn finish line, but the upswings aren’t coming that rapidly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, well I can’t argue with science!

Thanks for the encouragement In the worst depths of my PFS, I’d feel slightly horny every 10 - 14 days, so my libido never really went away fully. Just 90% or so. I’ve made a lot of progress, and sometimes I forget how far I’ve come until someone points it out.

My toe is feeling somewhat improved, but I can’t run on it this weekend. I’m sure it’s slightly broken, so I’ll have to wait at least until I can walk without any pain.

During upswings earlier this year, I felt somewhat pre-fin libido (horny every day, even if I fapped the day before). I just want to stack some more upswings together and get to the damn finish line, but the upswings aren’t coming that rapidly.
    The average man, apparently, can find his healthy libido levels by taking his age, and divide that by 5. Whatever you get is the amount of days it is normal to go without feeling the need to release. You're in your mid 30s I'm pretty sure, so it would be about 6 days for you.

Now, if you feel the need to release before that, then I feel you are definitely doing well. Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    The average man, apparently, can find his healthy libido levels by taking his age, and divide that by 5. Whatever you get is the amount of days it is normal to go without feeling the need to release. You're in your mid 30s I'm pretty sure, so it would be about 6 days for you.

Now, if you feel the need to release before that, then I feel you are definitely doing well. Just my 2 cents.
    Normal and healthy libido varies enormously from person to person. I’m not sure if that’s average or not, but it’s definitely not average or normal for me. Pre-fin, and during upswings, I am horny 7 days per week just as I was pre-fin, and that’s how I’ll be when I’m fully recovered. If I only felt horny every 6 days, that would be extremely abnormal and unhealthy for me personally.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Normal and healthy libido varies enormously from person to person. I’m not sure if that’s average or not, but it’s definitely not average or normal for me. Pre-fin, and during upswings, I am horny 7 days per week just as I was pre-fin, and that’s how I’ll be when I’m fully recovered. If I only felt horny every 6 days, that would be extremely abnormal and unhealthy for me personally.
    You should be. If you're optimized anyway.

There are slight variations in this but this is the male drive, so it's the core of life. Typically healthy men will ALWAYS want sex. I do. I go usually daily....sexually.

It still cracks me up to hear "come and get it Mr. Male optimization." It actually turns her on.......
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be starting to get another upswing. My sensitivity suddenly jumped way up, higher than it’s been during PFS. Way higher.

I stopped the prohormone cycle after just four weeks because I felt like I was in a slump and wanted to restart the herbal rotation, and within a few days of that it seemed like I’d made significant gains. Maybe the prohormones were helping in the background even though I didn’t “feel” anything from them, but I’m not sure. This is definitely at least a medium-swing.