User Tag List

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I got a Joovv full body red light setup in 2019, which was about $900. It didn’t do anything for my hair, despite me tilting my head down, and to be honest I’m not sure if it’s doing anything, or if my hormones are messed up and that’s why I don’t feel a major benefit from it. Maybe it helps me in subtle ways. Supposedly it’s raising my test but I haven’t always been super consistent in using it, because if I use it in the afternoon it gives me insomnia.

The Joovv makes my balls move up and down slightly, but I don’t feel a burst of libido from it like the spokesperson claims. I wonder if it can speed my recovery at all.

The laser helmet I bought is the iRestore ($500). It has red lights and red lasers. It’s the same wavelength of red light as the Joovv, but apparently the helmet’s combo of lasers and light works a lot better for hair growth than just the red light of the Joovv. Plus, it covers my scalp much better. It also goes for 25 minutes, whereas the Joovv is just 5 minutes (otherwise I get insomnia.)

When I use the iRestore, my whole scalp feels tingly and energized for a few minutes afterwards, so I feel like it’s doing something, although I care way more about my pfs recovery than my hair, tbh.
    Interesting. Yea, it can be a bit tricky to dose the red light. You can underdo it and get nothing, and overdo it pretty easily as well.

Might be interested to buy that joovv off ya if you really dont use it anymore haha
    Its only work until its routine

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Interesting. Yea, it can be a bit tricky to dose the red light. You can underdo it and get nothing, and overdo it pretty easily as well.

Might be interested to buy that joovv off ya if you really dont use it anymore haha
    I’m definitely still using it, so unfortunately it’s not for sale, lol. There were months where I didn’t use it, but then other times, like now, where I use it almost every day. You can probably find one on eBay for a discount compared to what I paid for a new one, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it’s time for another update.

I’ve been exercising the last few weeks, moving somewhat closer to what my pre-lockdown levels of workout intensity were. Right now I’m averaging 6 workouts per week, but I need to be doing something every day. Working a muscle group, or sprints. I might look into those exercise resistance bands, but for now I have 4lbs, 7 lbs, and 15 lbs dumbbells.

I have leg day covered, using two big jugs of Poland Spring water with handles on them. They weigh about 22 lbs each or something like that, and when I’m holding one in each hand it’s a lot better than body weight squats. I’m able to feel sore the next day or two afterwards, so that’s a good sign. But I need to spread that further away from my sprinting days.

For chest, what I’m doing is supersets to compensate for not having heavy (for me) weights. Those 15 lbs dumbbells are very heavy when you just maxed out on push-ups 3 seconds ago. What I should do is then go to the 7 lbs, and then the 4 lbs ones. 5 sets of that, twice a day, would be solid. It should ideally be 15 sets of chest work, but I feel like my options for chest exercises are limited.

For shoulders, my home setup is actually not far off from what I had in the gym. I always used dumbbells and supersetted lateral, forward, and overhead raises. It’s pretty intense when you superset them, but they became my best muscle group. I also think, aesthetically, shoulders are the most important muscle group because they make you look wider up top and therefore you get more of that V-shape.

For back day, I’ve been doing bent over wide rows and reverse flys. I also have a pull-up bar for my doorframe, and I superset pull-ups into the rows and flys. The problem is that I can’t do that many pull-ups anymore, only 3 when I’m fresh. I felt like I was getting a good workout but again, I should probably be supersetting these with dumbbells. Maybe get 12 lbs dumbbells or 10 lbs.

On the red light front, I’m starting a routine where I use the Joovv one day, and the hair helmet thing the next. When I use the Joovv and the hair helmet the same day, the red light lasers actually start to give me a big headache for the last 5 minutes I’m using it.

I’m hoping that I didn’t lose all of my progress, hopefully it’ll come back. No MW except after pine pollen tincture days - and I think that’s a sign that I haven’t lost all my progress. Originally, even pine pollen tincture or a mega dose of the powder wouldn’t give me morning wood. My libido and sensitivity are still bad, though. I’m looking forward to when I have another upswing. I think that will come with more workouts.

My personal life has been hard lately, because my father is an incredible asshole and started mocking me for being what he considers a complete failure, etc. He was incredibly condescending and said that I was just now expressing interest in a career, but he said I’m too incompetent for any of my goals and that it’s his “duty as my father” to give me “cold hard reality.” The man has zero friends, is a horrible husband, neither of his sons talk to him except on holidays, and he’s been chronically depressed his whole life. So his advice is worth fuck all. He has zero clue about my field, and arrogantly thinks he knows more about it than I do. He thinks I know nothing, and that I’ve done nothing with my life, which is not true. He shows no respect for me whatsoever. It took a long time to break away from all the negativity I unconsciously picked up from him, and he’ll never drag me back down to his level.

I’m not going to listen to him, but it will 100% cause massive drama when he finds out about me moving and starting the business. It just adds a level of stress that I did not need. I wish I had two supportive parents instead of one supportive one, and one massively negative one. He’s treating me the way he did when I first crashed with PFS, near-death with panic attacks, and was living at home after losing my job. I really want nothing to do with him anymore. I don’t want to see him for my birthday, just my mom, or maybe my brother and his wife.

My job has become horrible, so I need to ramp up my preparations for my business and get my exit strategy rolling. I might also make a separate side business where I’ll refer personal injury cases to other lawyers. I’m good with digital ads, so maybe that could work out as a side thing.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 07-25-2020 at 11:36 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it’s time for another update.

I’ve been exercising the last few weeks, moving somewhat closer to what my pre-lockdown levels of workout intensity were. Right now I’m averaging 6 workouts per week, but I need to be doing something every day. Working a muscle group, or sprints. I might look into those exercise resistance bands, but for now I have 4lbs, 7 lbs, and 15 lbs dumbbells.

I have leg day covered, using two big jugs of Poland Spring water with handles on them. They weigh about 22 lbs each or something like that, and when I’m holding one in each hand it’s a lot better than body weight squats. I’m able to feel sore the next day or two afterwards, so that’s a good sign. But I need to spread that further away from my sprinting days.

For chest, what I’m doing is supersets to compensate for not having heavy (for me) weights. Those 15 lbs dumbbells are very heavy when you just maxed out on push-ups 3 seconds ago. What I should do is then go to the 7 lbs, and then the 4 lbs ones. 5 sets of that, twice a day, would be solid. It should ideally be 15 sets of chest work, but I feel like my options for chest exercises are limited.

For shoulders, my home setup is actually not far off from what I had in the gym. I always used dumbbells and supersetted lateral, forward, and overhead raises. It’s pretty intense when you superset them, but they became my best muscle group. I also think, aesthetically, shoulders are the most important muscle group because they make you look wider up top and therefore you get more of that V-shape.

For back day, I’ve been doing bent over wide rows and reverse flys. I also have a pull-up bar for my doorframe, and I superset pull-ups into the rows and flys. The problem is that I can’t do that many pull-ups anymore, only 3 when I’m fresh. I felt like I was getting a good workout but again, I should probably be supersetting these with dumbbells. Maybe get 12 lbs dumbbells or 10 lbs.

On the red light front, I’m starting a routine where I use the Joovv one day, and the hair helmet thing the next. When I use the Joovv and the hair helmet the same day, the red light lasers actually start to give me a big headache for the last 5 minutes I’m using it.

I’m hoping that I didn’t lose all of my progress, hopefully it’ll come back. No MW except after pine pollen tincture days - and I think that’s a sign that I haven’t lost all my progress. Originally, even pine pollen tincture or a mega dose of the powder wouldn’t give me morning wood. My libido and sensitivity are still bad, though. I’m looking forward to when I have another upswing. I think that will come with more workouts.

My personal life has been hard lately, because my father is an incredible asshole and started mocking me for being what he considers a complete failure, etc. He was incredibly condescending and said that I was just now expressing interest in a career, but he said I’m too incompetent for any of my goals and that it’s his “duty as my father” to give me “cold hard reality.” The man has zero friends, is a horrible husband, neither of his sons talk to him except on holidays, and he’s been chronically depressed his whole life. So his advice is worth fuck all. He has zero clue about my field, and arrogantly thinks he knows more about it than I do. He thinks I know nothing, and that I’ve done nothing with my life, which is not true. He shows no respect for me whatsoever. It took a long time to break away from all the negativity I unconsciously picked up from him, and he’ll never drag me back down to his level.

I’m not going to listen to him, but it will 100% cause massive drama when he finds out about me moving and starting the business. It just adds a level of stress that I did not need. I wish I had two supportive parents instead of one supportive one, and one massively negative one. He’s treating me the way he did when I first crashed with PFS, near-death with panic attacks, and was living at home after losing my job. I really want nothing to do with him anymore. I don’t want to see him for my birthday, just my mom, or maybe my brother and his wife.

My job has become horrible, so I need to ramp up my preparations for my business and get my exit strategy rolling. I might also make a separate side business where I’ll refer personal injury cases to other lawyers. I’m good with digital ads, so maybe that could work out as a side thing.
    1.) Ignore your father - people like that have no place in your life in general, let alone in your current situation. You can love and support your father without letting him hold a spot in your life that’s influential. I do it all the time with family members. It’s a cold hard reality as you said, but certain family influence is toxic. Doesn’t mean we don’t love and support them, but we don’t let them bring us down. Fight the good fight my friend.

2.) I wouldn’t recommend doing “something” everyday regarding training other than walking. If you’re not doing sprints or weightlifting, try an hour of normal pace walking. You’ll be amazed as to how you feel after without taxing the system. I walk about three miles at a normal pace daily whether I go to a CrossFit class, do sprints, or not. I rarely do sprints these days due to the injury risk - as I get plenty of HIIT in a WOD. Anyways, recovery is super important here - if you workout too much you’ll keep your body from having any reserves to “beat the PFS”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    1.) Ignore your father - people like that have no place in your life in general, let alone in your current situation. You can love and support your father without letting him hold a spot in your life that’s influential. I do it all the time with family members. It’s a cold hard reality as you said, but certain family influence is toxic. Doesn’t mean we don’t love and support them, but we don’t let them bring us down. Fight the good fight my friend.

2.) I wouldn’t recommend doing “something” everyday regarding training other than walking. If you’re not doing sprints or weightlifting, try an hour of normal pace walking. You’ll be amazed as to how you feel after without taxing the system. I walk about three miles at a normal pace daily whether I go to a CrossFit class, do sprints, or not. I rarely do sprints these days due to the injury risk - as I get plenty of HIIT in a WOD. Anyways, recovery is super important here - if you workout too much you’ll keep your body from having any reserves to “beat the PFS”.
    1) Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I agree that my father shouldn’t have an influential role in my life or decisions (anymore.)

What he was telling me was not really cold hard reality as he described it - it was pessimistic worst case thinking, combined with him not understanding my field at all.

I’ve struggled a lot and didn’t live up to my career expectations, and I also picked a field that is much more competitive and difficult than I’d expected. I had seen a therapist who taught me about REBT (Rational Emotional Behavioral Therapy) and it’s been helpful to me - I don’t tend to go deep down into negative thought spirals like I used to. “If only I did XYZ! Now it’s too late, therefore I’m doomed.” Or “I have XYZ attribute that can’t be changed. Therefore, I cannot do ABC which is absolutely required for me to be happy.” That type of thinking is my dad’s bread and butter and it’s what I’ve moved away from.

I’m just trying to chart a course to where I can support myself when I move to NYC, which I want to happen soon. I missed so many years of work for various reasons, including PFS - and my father piling on verbal abuse. I was an empty shell. I took whatever job I could, and hoped that my current job would allow me to transfer to NYC, but it doesn’t look like that will ever happen, so I have to find another way. That’s honestly almost a bigger concern for me than overcoming PFS right now, as ridiculous as that sounds. I could support myself for a year with my savings so I shouldn’t be so afraid, but I am.

2) This also makes sense.

Until pretty recently, I basically stopped working out altogether, when the gym shut down. That was over 3 months of not working out. (Somehow my arms only shrank from 14.15 to 14 inches. I was shocked I lost such little muscle mass.) For a good 2 months or so, I still had my normal ups and downs, and then the ups stopped - it felt as if the hormonal benefits of working out kept going for 2 months and then wore off. So I came up with some home workouts, but they’re generally not as good as what I did at the gym, where I have things like a bench press, incline press, and lots of machines. Right now I’m easing back into daily workouts and am doing 5 sets (with supersets) most days. It should really be 15 sets of 3 different exercises, and have a rest day every week.

The protocol calls for, I think, 4 lifting days and 2 (to 3) sprinting days, so that would be 6 to 7 days, if you count the sprinting as workouts. I think incorporating a rest day is a good idea, for my body, and also to give myself a break. Maybe I can work out 2 body groups per day or something so I can hit 15 sets - my goal is hormonal benefits and healing from PFS more so than putting on size, although it is nice to put on size.

Thanks for your helpful input, you always have good info.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update: my morning wood has been back for the last few days. It seems like it doesn’t take that many days of exercise to boost my testosterone up to where I get my MW. On the other hand, it’s not at maximum strength when I wake up. Maybe 75%.

Based on that, it looks like my home workouts are showing signs of effectiveness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update: my morning wood has been back for the last few days. It seems like it doesn’t take that many days of exercise to boost my testosterone up to where I get my MW. On the other hand, it’s not at maximum strength when I wake up. Maybe 75%.

Based on that, it looks like my home workouts are showing signs of effectiveness.
    Mine's the same way when I'm in downswings, not totally solid. When I'm feeling well, they're close to 100. Glad to see people making progress.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    Mine's the same way when I'm in downswings, not totally solid. When I'm feeling well, they're close to 100. Glad to see people making progress.
    Some days when I wake up, I have what I call “ghost wood.” It’s morning wood, but I don’t “feel” like I have an erection and wouldn’t notice it unless I checked with my hand. When I have downswings, I don’t have morning wood at all, unfortunately.

But when I’m having an upswing, I have 100% hardness that lasts for many minutes after I wake up. I can’t wait until it’s like that every day, and all my symptoms other symptoms are gone. Especially the lack of pleasure and libido.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that ghost wood stuff you're on about, I feel like as long as it's working and getting blood flow its not too much to be worried about.
    You seem to be making good progress bro, you should be fine in no time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been having consistent morning wood lately, and it’s a lot stronger than a week or two ago. It’s been fading somewhat quickly once I wake up, but I’ll take that over ghost wood any day.

My shoulders are looking a bit wider - I still can’t believe I kept almost all of my muscle after I stopped working out for so long.

My libido has been up significantly, but it’s not 100%. When it’s 100%, it’s distractingly strong. I’d say it’s maybe 35% or so. Sensation is improving, but it’s far from 100%.

I have UltraHard now, and maybe next week I’ll give it a go. I feel like next week I should be ready for it, and hopefully I’ll make some nice progress towards post-PFS status.