Are you meditating?
    Yes.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    My sleep is absolutely horrible. I’ve been getting about 5 hours per night and it’s wrecking things.

I felt very sleepy and went to bed at 10pm, which is insanely early for me. But I woke up, wide awake, at 12:30 because I was somewhat thirsty and now 3 hours later, I still can’t fall back asleep. I know I’m going to be even more tired at work.

I took some albiza and maybe that’ll help me fall back asleep. I need to get a few more hours of sleep tonight if I can.
    -Lay on your back and do 4-7-8 breaths until drowsy. As long as it takes.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jucin’ Update:

Day 2

My juicer is making this whole process easy. Between prep and cleanup, it takes less than 30 minutes to make 4 to 5 liters of juice. I clean out the machine (which takes about 5 minutes) after I’m done making all of my juice, and I use a bag in the pulp catching container. Of course, the grocery runs also take time, and the cashiers gave me weird looks when they saw the enormous amount of produce in my cart. If I lived near a grocery store, it would be incredibly easy to keep this going for 45 days like CD did, back in the day.

If you’re going to get a dedicated juicer, don’t cheap out and get a $100 or $150 one. Those are crap. Get a high-end $350 one. One of the plusses is that it’ll actually save you money on fruit and greens - my juicer leaves me with bone-dry pulp, so I know I’m not leaving much juice behind. If you have soggy pulp, that means you need more fruit/greens to get the same amount of juice, and in the long run that could be more expensive than just getting a more efficient machine. On the other hand, everyone has their own preferences and budgets, and tolerances for cleanup time and prep time. Your mileage may vary.

I’ve found that it takes 7 large, peeled oranges to make 1 liter of orange juice, so that’s going to be my “breakfast” juice for the remainder of my juice feast. I bag of 14 oranges is $8, so that’s not too bad. I’m having all the spinach, celery, carrots, and kale, that’s all fine, but I spread that out among the other 3 to 4 liters rather than having one ultra green-heavy drink. The fruits balance out the taste of the greens, but my orange juice is just straight oranges. I also have to say that these juices taste a lot better than the "fresh but frozen" juices I had delivered to me back in 2019.

I’m going somewhat heavy on the apples, since upstate New York is a massive producer of apples and I can get a wide variety of high-quality apples for cheap. Also I just like apple juice. A nice thing about my juicer is that you can just throw in the entire apple with no prep work aside from rinsing it. I also add in some ginger and a portion of the greens / celery for the day. The juicer that I have has a 1 liter container that you can pour into bottles with a funnel, or into your glass. For the days when I have to go to the office in person, I’ll make most of my juice the night before and keep it in the fridge, and I will make my post-work juice totally fresh. It keeps for 24 hours before losing the nutrients, so this should be fine.

I’m also doing things like strawberry and pineapple, and drinks with grapes and pears. When you mix a few different types of apples together (and a few carrots,) the flavor is better and more interesting than just using one type of apple.

So far I don’t feel any different, in terms of my symptoms. I’m not sure if it’s something where I’m supposed to feel better during the feast, or if it only happens afterwards. Will It Blend? - Air Soft Gun - YouTube

When I feel hungry, I drink some juice. It gets rid of the hunger, but I never feel satisfied like I do from food. In 2019, I was extremely hungry by day 2 or 3, and the juices did not taste good. By day 6 and 7, I was fantasizing about food like never before, elaborately planning out what I was going to eat when I was done, and buying several cookbooks. I think this time around I’ll still be looking forward to eating food again, but I won’t be as hungry because I’m definitely getting more calories now. I’m not sure if I’ll do 10 days, or 14 days, or 21 days, or what. I’m leaning towards 14 days right now.

If this doesn’t give me any noticable results (which would be unexpected,) then probably a month or two afterwards I’ll do a water fast. Water fasting for a week or a few weeks shuts down your testosterone and HTPA to a large extent, and then when you start eating again, there’s a massive spike upwards that can leave you higher than when you started (if you were under-producing previously.) And then also, the receptors are primed and ready for the t-boosting herbs and workouts. This is a way smarter and healthier way to do it compared to taking drugs like clomid, which can give you side effects and unbalance your hormones. Also, clomid can permanently give you eye floaters, or permanently worsen your existing eye floaters.

I’m not sure how the juice feast works, in terms of what I can expect from it. I don’t know if it’ll give me a testosterone surge or a much stronger sensitivity to the herbs when I’m finished, but that’s what I’m hoping for. We’ll see how it goes.
    Good post.

You're right about the machines. The more expensive, better quality machines are the way to go, hands down. They are just better at processing then their cheaper counterparts.

The plus to a high tech blender like the one I have, the K-tech, is that by using that and a nut milk bag, clean up is ridiculously quick. You wash out the pitcher of the blender and rinse out the nut milk bag.....done.

These are funny videos used to get the point across at how powerful these things are: Will It Blend? - iPad - YouTube :Will It Blend? - Crowbar - YouTube

Amazon.com: Blendtec Signature Series Blender With Wildside+Jar (90 oz)- Professional-Grade-Self-Cleaning- Black

With the feast, there is no limit to what you can have. If you are still hungry after five quarts have six or seven. You can't over do it. As long as you sure you're getting the bare minimum of minerals listed on TMO for the feast, you're good to go. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water.

The difference between cleansing with a juice feast and cleansing with a water fast is energy. With the feast, you're going to have it. Not so much with the fast. This is why the feast cleanses a little slower and easier then the fast because you are still creating cellular waste in the form of digestion. Simple sugar is clean burning, but when you compare it to burning no fuel, you can see how it would slow the cleansing process down.

A side note....you're not typically going to have any type of libido surge or libido at all for that matter while cleansing. It's the last thing on the bodies mind as it's under going it's "house cleaning." This is normal, so don't be alarmed. Some people will feel great during the fast and others after. You just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-23-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Good post.

You're right about the machines. The more expensive, better quality machines are the way to go, hands down. They are just better at processing then their cheaper counterparts.

The plus to a high tech blender like the one I have, the K-tech, is that by using that and a nut milk bag, clean up is ridiculously quick. You wash out the pitcher of the blender and rinse out the nut milk bag.....done.

These are funny videos used to get the point across at how powerful these things are: Will It Blend? - iPad - YouTube :Will It Blend? - Crowbar - YouTube

Amazon.com: Blendtec Signature Series Blender With Wildside+Jar (90 oz)- Professional-Grade-Self-Cleaning- Black

With the feast, there is no limit to what you can have. If you are still hungry after five quarts have six or seven. You can't over do it. As long as you sure you're getting the bare minimum of minerals listed on TMO for the feast, you're good to go. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water.

The difference between cleansing with a juice feast and cleansing with a water fast is energy. With the feast, you're going to have it. Not so much with the fast. This is why the feast cleanses a little slower and easier then the fast because you are still creating cellular waste in the form of digestion. Simple sugar is clean burning, but when you compare it to burning no fuel, you can see how it would slow the cleansing process down.

A side note....you're not typically going to have any type of libido surge or libido at all for that matter while cleansing. It's the last thing on the bodies mind as it's under going it's "house cleaning." This is normal, so don't be alarmed. Some people will feel great during the fast and others after. You just have to wait and see.
    Thanks!

Wow, it sounds like the K-tech is more hardcore than my Vitamix (which does just fine with frozen fruit for smoothies, but I’m sure it couldn’t handle crowbars, lol.) The blender technique has the fastest cleanup, for sure. I do have to remove some pieces of my blender and clean the screen with a brush, clean the pulp out of the insides that didn’t make it into the bag, etc.

I’m not sure if what happened during my juice feast is normal or not.

So, during my juice feast, on Day 2 I had a bunch of dirrhea, which was to be expected. I figured that that was me getting rid of everything that was left in my colon. On day 3, nothing. However, now on Day 4, for some reason tonight I had a full bowel movement. I haven’t been eating anything, just the juice plus some water. It’s possible that a tiny amount of pulp winds up in the juice and is accidentally consumed, but not a significant amount and definitely not enough to create this full, regular-sized bowel movement.

Maybe I still had undigested food in my colon from 4+ days ago, but that thought kind of floors me because I normally have about 2 bowel movements every day. It seemed inconcievable that I could still have stuff from 4+ days working its way through my colon when I’m so regular. Maybe getting all of that out part of the whole cleansing/feasting thing, but I’m very surprised that it was there.

Side note: my libido is trending back upwards, though I don’t have morning wood right now. I feel like this is a “soft” downswing, up from the “hard” downswing that I had been going through. During PFS, I had a harsher decline several years post-PFS. At that point, I’d easily go 6 - 9 days until I felt any libido, and this lasted for roughly 5 years until I started the program. My friend who used fin at the same time as me, and quit when I quit, claims to have no PFS but says that for him, having sex twice per month is normal and ideal for him. So he was telling me that the 6 - 9 days was actually quite strong libido. I guess that’s how he was before finasteride and that’s just how some guys are, and his wife also has a low libido, so honestly, it doesn’t seem to be a problem. But my libido (pre-pfs) was always far higher than that, and during upswings I can feel that coming back. I can feel like getting all the way back is not only possible, it’s going to happen for me.

I’m doing video chats with my therapist and he is very supportive of the program, which is different than my last therapist who was like: “So let me get this straight. You’re not going to go to an endocrinologist or a urologist for this? You’re just going to listen to some guy on the internet instead? That doesn’t seem very bright.” And then he dropped me as a patient when I refused to go on SSRIs; he brushed aside concerns about sexual side effects in someone who already had unresolved sexual side effects. He thought SSRIs would improve my mood and therefore eliminate my symptoms, which is completely wrong. SSRIs cause more sexual side effects, not less. However, I learned a lot of helpful things from him that made me permanently less anxious and more confident, so I’m still very glad I went to him.

During hard downswings it may take me 2 or 3 days to feel some libido. My hard downswings are roughly like my initial time after quitting finasteride - no pleasure, but still okayish libido. This is an improvement from how they were earlier in the protocol, where I went back to feeling like a 90 year old man during downswings. During my soft downswings I want to fap every day, though I don’t. If I do slip up and fap during one of these softer downswings, I actually feel a weak orgasm, instead of nothing.

During my most recent upswing in December and January, I believe I had morning wood most days (but not rock hard), had almost pre-PFS libido, 100% pre-PFS ejaculatory force, and semi-pleasurable orgasms. I didn’t have full/normal sensitivity and pleasure, but it was more than normal (which is zero.)

Anyway, I have no doubt that I will beat this thing and get back to 100%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juicin’: Day 9

I’m planning to wrap up the juice feast after day 10. Right now I’d say that I don’t feel like I’m in high libido mode or anything, I don’t feel great or bad. I haven’t seen signs so far that this is causing a big upswing, and if it doesn’t seem to do anything significant in the weeks ahead then I’ll probably do a water fast. Maybe the juice feast is meant to make you more receptive to the herbs and everything, and it would be normal not to feel an upswing during the juice feast. So we’ll see how this goes for me. If it works, I’ll be very happy.

I can’t wait to eat real food again; I’m not overwhelmed with hunger or anything, because I drink juice when I’m hungry, but I just miss eating food.

I’ve lost about 10 to 15 lbs in the last month or so, dropping to 143 lbs. I’m not sure if, in theory, it would be best to drop down to like 125 lbs in some type of a crash diet, so that I could gain more muscle on the way back up. (Basically, regaining lost muscle, on the theory that gaining muscle / regaining muscle helps permanently, while losing muscle does not undo those PFS gains.)

I’m planning to use the prohormones again, but I need to work out the optimal timing. I don’t know that I felt anything special after the first cycle, though. But it’s hard to say.

I slept 8 hours on Friday into Saturday, and 7.5 hours last night, but I still feel exhausted. I have gotten such poor sleep lately that I desperately need to catch up. I’m sure that that is not positive for my progress; it’s best to be getting good sleep each night.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone.

I took finasteride from 2009 to 2012, and had gradually worsening sides that I didn’t connect to the drug. I took zoloft from 2001 to 2009. I’m 35 and a half now.

The finasteride sides were: no morning wood, 1/10 orgasm quality, reduced libido (80% to 90% lower), some brain fog, vastly reduced sensitivity (very little to no pleasure from stimulation), and it was nearly impossible to orgasm when with a partner (as I would feel almost nothing, even after weeks of not fapping.) However, my erection quality was excellent the entire time, which allowed me to delude myself into thinking this was not PFS.

Several therapists, and my family, convinced me repeatedly over the years that this couldn’t be PFS (which they didn’t seem to firmly believe in), and so I spent years not getting better. However, I do not believe in worrying about the past.

In February I got all the herbs, did a juice feast, and then started rotating the herbs, and lifting weights 3 days per week (although a couple of weeks it was only 2 workouts per week because I overdid it and didn’t want to train while I had neck muscle soreness. I strained my neck muscles by lifting too heavy sometimes.)

I am making some strength gains, but not much in the way of muscle mass gains so far - I’ll need to eat more. I’ll do monthly tape measurings and fat measurements with calipers, and maybe start weighing myself every day to make sure I keep my weight up. If I’m going to work out, I might as well make some muscle gains, too.

Within just a few days of starting the herbal rotation and workouts, my libido was improving a lot. About 2.5 weeks in, I was able to climax in a reasonable amount of time during sex, but the climaxing pleasure was maybe 1.25/10, up from 1/10.

I hope that my sensitivity and orgasm quality improve over time - we’ll see how that goes. It might take significantly longer for that to start returning.

I get strong morning wood about 3/7 of days now, up from about 1/120 of days (aka about 3 days per year) before, (though I would get weak morning wood once or twice per two weeks.) I get weak morning wood maybe 2/7, and no morning wood about 2/7. I’m so glad that I’m getting morning wood again, even if it’s not every day.

I also feel a bit less foggy, but I’m not 100% at all, and things still feel off a lot of the time.

This will be controversial for some, but I have kept a plant-based (vegan) diet since 2015. It’s been working well for me; my blood markers improved vastly, and I will keep doing it. Your mileage may vary, I’m not telling anyone else to switch their diets. I’m also NOT here to debate veganism, and I’m only (very reluctantly) mentioning this in case a vegan PFS lurker reads this and wants to know if a whole foods plant based diet can be subbed in instead of a paleo diet. I am the first person to ever attempt it, and I’m making progress.

I will post more updates here and there, but not all of my short-term ups and downs need to be mentioned.
    Hey buddy how is your recovery Going?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens1984 View Post
    Hey buddy how is your recovery Going?
    Hey Queens1984, thanks for checking in. You can browse through my thread to see how everything has gone. I haven’t fully recovered yet, but I will recover.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Queens1984, thanks for checking in. You can browse through my thread to see how everything has gone. I haven’t fully recovered yet, but I will recover.
    You 100 percent will with that Mindset. Fuck Merck and Propecia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after 1 day post juice feast, I haven’t noticed anything different.

My libido is basically nonexistent and overall I feel as bad as I ever have in terms of PFS symptoms. It really bothers me when I don’t have any morning wood for weeks and weeks and weeks.