Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Do you not want to try the prohormones?
    I have the prohormones and I used them in the past, but I didn’t feel any noticeable difference, so I’m a bit reluctant to use them. I’m seriously considering using them, but part of me wants to wait for an upswing to use them, so that it will have more of a chance of helping.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    I think you are still getting the benefits of 5he cold shower even if you dont feel a shock. In fact, if I understand CD correctly, thats actually the best way to do it...
    Also, I must say, in my own experience, the testicle icing is probably the single most important thing not specifically listed in the protocol that I have been doing, so I'm happy to hear someone else is doing this...just to let you know, the studies done on this suggest at least 2 months before a notable rise in hormones from it, so stick with it for the long term...i see it as an extension of the cold showers really, but its little inconvenient to hope in the shower 4 times a day, whereas stuffing an ice pack down there is relatively simplistic
    That’s good to hear, since I’m not a fan of the shocking feeling. Since the weather has cooled down a lot here, the cold water from the shower is much colder than it was even one month ago, but I’m still doing it and have increased it to 3 minutes per day. It’s more difficult with the water this cold, but maybe that makes it more beneficial too.

I’m also glad to hear that you’ve been doing the testicle icing. The product that I’ve been using, Snowballs Underwear, has drastically reduced the quality of their product when I ordered more, so I was disappointed by that. I’ll return it and use the original stuff, and maybe get another product as well. I don’t use an ice pack since it could cause frostbite if you left it for too long, and I’m a bit paranoid about that. I prefer something that loses its coldness after 30 mins and you have to swap out another one from the freezer.

Also thanks for letting me know that it really takes about 2 (maybe more) months to feel the benefits of ball icing. I've skipped some ball icing days here and there since it’s not officially part of the protocol, but I think it can only help. The cold shrinkage reminds me of George Constanza — “I WAS IN THE POOL! I WAS IN THE POOL!” lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I have the prohormones and I used them in the past, but I didn’t feel any noticeable difference, so I’m a bit reluctant to use them. I’m seriously considering using them, but part of me wants to wait for an upswing to use them, so that it will have more of a chance of helping.
    They might bring on an upswing as well though...

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting! I mean I know it is part of the protocol, but oddly enough its (for me anyway) probably the hardest aspect to stick to.
    I never spent much time on propecia help, other than to read through some of cd's old posts, but I do recall this one fella who swears his pfs got cured after I think 4 months of nofap.
    Its real fucking strange bro, think everyone needs that one little nudge with one thing that really gets the ball rowling, how are things for you G?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The whit wagon View Post
    Its real fucking strange bro, think everyone needs that one little nudge with one thing that really gets the ball rowling, how are things for you G?
    Considering where I was a year ago, I can only say things are going exceptionally great. Following a major downswing back in July/August, hese last few months have basically been a pretty steady climb back to normalcy, with only very small interruptions. I figure I am at about 90% on any given day, but do indeed have stretches of days where I am what I believe to be 100%...so, I guess it's just a matter of time, assuming I stay consistent and persistent with the protocol as I've done for almost a year straight now...

Hope things are going well for you as well...its been a minute!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering where I was a year ago, I can only say things are going exceptionally great. Following a major downswing back in July/August, hese last few months have basically been a pretty steady climb back to normalcy, with only very small interruptions. I figure I am at about 90% on any given day, but do indeed have stretches of days where I am what I believe to be 100%...so, I guess it's just a matter of time, assuming I stay consistent and persistent with the protocol as I've done for almost a year straight now...

Hope things are going well for you as well...its been a minute!
    I'm good mate as big and strong as I've ever been really gonna go hard in the next 6 months and hopefully by this time next year I'll be sweet barely any mental and physical stuff just a bit of sexual sides but they get better everyday, kind of hit a crossroads being 23 and wanting to completely restructure and change my entire life so coming back and going to give a lot more constant updates want people to come here and see they can get over this stuff.
    Had no idea how messy this place had got since I've last been here hahaha Jesus fucking Christ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m doing pretty well. Sensitivity is up a whole lot, although I still don’t really feel orgasms. But my sensitivity seems to be consistently up, not fluctuating so much. Also, I’m sometimes getting morning wood nowadays, and some spontaneous erections during the day.

I don’t have much libido still, and I do feel mildly fatigued most days (as usual during PFS.)

Probably in January I will give the prohormone another go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t posted in awhile, but I’m following the protocol consistently.

I’ve been feeling pretty down these last few days and it’s taking more mental effort to get to the gym, but I’ll keep with it obviously. I’m at my peak strength as I’ve been keeping notes on my workouts.

I haven’t been getting any morning wood or feeling any masculine testosterone type feelings at all. I don’t seem to be responding in the same way that I was in 2019, where I started getting morning wood towards the end of that year. I don’t understand this.

On the other hand my sensitivity has remained good and I’m doing another round of prohormones now. I’m also making more progress with nofap.

I just feel lower-energy in general, and less motivated - its a very debilitating symptom. I don’t like having to fight to get out of bed in the morning, when there’s so much I want to accomplish. I’m hoping that symptom can ease up. I just want to feel more “upswings”. I’m not sure if that will happen while I’m on prohormones though. Maybe after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I haven’t posted in awhile, but I’m following the protocol consistently.

I’ve been feeling pretty down these last few days and it’s taking more mental effort to get to the gym, but I’ll keep with it obviously. I’m at my peak strength as I’ve been keeping notes on my workouts.

I haven’t been getting any morning wood or feeling any masculine testosterone type feelings at all. I don’t seem to be responding in the same way that I was in 2019, where I started getting morning wood towards the end of that year. I don’t understand this.

On the other hand my sensitivity has remained good and I’m doing another round of prohormones now. I’m also making more progress with nofap.

I just feel lower-energy in general, and less motivated - its a very debilitating symptom. I don’t like having to fight to get out of bed in the morning, when there’s so much I want to accomplish. I’m hoping that symptom can ease up. I just want to feel more “upswings”. I’m not sure if that will happen while I’m on prohormones though. Maybe after.
    I think the hardest thing for PFS recoveries is maintaining positivity and belief. You will never recover until you absolutely nail them two outlooks in you life! They will re-write pathways in your brain that presently are off. Yes your a few years in and probably now at the placebo stage IMO. You're belief is that placebo!!
    That idiot paddy will post any second now to confirm my theory as his outlook on the possibility’s of recovery is the complete opposite to positivity and belief and that’s why he is completely fucked!
    Yes im less than 12 months in with this stuff, but im great full to have found the TMO website right at the beginning of my crash. I read the whole website, did my research on it, found lots of info that backed it up (Andrew Huberman, Kyle Gillet, dr ekberg, etc) and it gave me Great BELIEF, i was 100% SURE i would recover and went all in TMO. I’m 10 months in and honestly im sooo close to a full recovery.
    How do you get on with the meditation and breathing? They’re difficult i know, but essential for getting your mind in the right place.

Keep going Letsgo, push through it! Take care!!
    Last edited by Mjw1999; 03-21-2023 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjw1999 View Post
    I think the hardest thing for PFS recoveries is maintaining positivity and belief. You will never recover until you absolutely nail them two outlooks in you life! They will re-write pathways in your brain that presently are off. Yes your a few years in and probably now at the placebo stage IMO. You're belief is that placebo!!
    That idiot paddy will post any second now to confirm my theory as his outlook on the possibility’s of recovery is the complete opposite to positivity and belief and that’s why he is completely fucked!
    Yes im less than 12 months in with this stuff, but im great full to have found the TMO website right at the beginning of my crash. I read the whole website, did my research on it, found lots of info that backed it up (Andrew Huberman, Kyle Gillet, dr ekberg, etc) and it gave me Great BELIEF, i was 100% SURE i would recover and went all in TMO. I’m 10 months in and honestly im sooo close to a full recovery.
    How do you get on with the meditation and breathing? They’re difficult i know, but essential for getting your mind in the right place.

Keep going Letsgo, push through it! Take care!!
    Thanks Mjw I’ve been thinking a lot after my post tonight, and I’m pretty sure that my diet could be playing a huge role here. I’m going to make some additional changes — I must cut out legumes, corn, quinoa, brown rice, lentils… I have been reading that these foods are high in lectins, and that that can cause things like “leaky gut” which could be harming my progress. (Everyone always says that the gut plays a huge role in PFS recovery.) I always considered legumes and lentils to be “vegetables” within the protocol, and quinoa to be a harmless type of seed (that cooks like a grain) but now I think that I was wrong. I’m hoping that within a few weeks of making the diet changes, I might see some additional benefits, I’ll be sooooo happy. I really hate eating meat again but I’ve adapted to that, and I can make other adaptations too. Once I’m fully recovered for a few months, I will change back to what I consider a healthier long-term diet, but for now I have to treat eating as part of the job. Just like it was a drag to get back in the gym, it’s just something that has to be done.

I’ve been doing the breathing exercises pretty consistently, almost every day (about 6 days per week,) but the meditation has been something that I’ve been less consistent with. I need to find the right thing for me; the binaural beats didn’t really work well for me for whatever reason. And the Headspace app can be a bit tedious, so I’m looking for something to help with that. Of course people meditated for thousands of years without electronic nonsense so that’s also an option. I paid for 3 sessions at an isolation tank nearby so I need to make time to do that.

I also need to get my sleep back on track.

My mental health has been so much better over the last few years. I sometimes go through periods like now where it’s a little difficult, but I need to push through and keep going.

Thanks again for your comment and positivity — I think if I can nail the right things with my diet, I should hopefully start doing better. I will be so excited if it works.