User Tag List

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i read through the recoveries thread on this forum, one consistent theme that stood out for me was those who recovered just made the protocol a way of life and tried to mentally forget they were on any protocol and forget they had PFS. They got it out of their head! They got on with life! Yes once you have given your body the tools, ie the protocol, the rest after time is just psychological! A negative mindset will seriously damage you and your health, prevent you from recovering, you loose sleep etc. The positive one can heal and fix the pathways in your brain that are broken.
    I sense you’re a little stuck in the sympathetic nervous system right now! Hey we all are until recovery happens! That’s why calming the mind is so important.
    You’ve got this! Just tweak your way of life a little. You know where you need to improve, just give yourself that kick up the arse and get moving with it! Looking forward to hearing your positive news soon

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjw1999 View Post
    As i read through the recoveries thread on this forum, one consistent theme that stood out for me was those who recovered just made the protocol a way of life and tried to mentally forget they were on any protocol and forget they had PFS. They got it out of their head! They got on with life! Yes once you have given your body the tools, ie the protocol, the rest after time is just psychological! A negative mindset will seriously damage you and your health, prevent you from recovering, you loose sleep etc. The positive one can heal and fix the pathways in your brain that are broken.
    I sense you’re a little stuck in the sympathetic nervous system right now! Hey we all are until recovery happens! That’s why calming the mind is so important.
    You’ve got this! Just tweak your way of life a little. You know where you need to improve, just give yourself that kick up the arse and get moving with it! Looking forward to hearing your positive news soon
    I agree that the best thing is to “set it and forget it.” If I’m eating things every day that disrupt my gut and that reduces my androgen sensitivity, that needs to be addressed ASAP which I believe I’m doing. It would make SO much sense if that was the case.

I thought that quinoa was okay since it’s not a grain (it’s technically a seed,) and seeds are specifically allowed on the protocol. However, quinoa is a pseudo-grain, and it’s high in lectins. As I did research on “leaky gut” syndrome, I’ve found out that quinoa, lentils, and brown rice all contribute to it, along with beans. While I did start eating meat and eggs, I also continued eating those other three foods on a daily basis, assuming that they were also okay. They’re not (at least for me.) I may have been giving myself the equivalent of gluten on a daily basis!

Yesterday I started doing what I think is a better version of the protocol diet, eliminating the beans, lentils, chickpeas, and the brown rice or quinoa for carb backloading. Until I’m fully healed, I'll only be using white rice for my carb backloading. In the process of making brown rice into white rice, the lectin is removed so that should be okay (even though CD says that brown rice is okay on his TMO website, I think white rice is safer for me.)

From what I’ve read, it usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to repair the leaky gut by making diet changes, since that’s how long it takes the gut’s inner lining to fully replace itself. I’m continuing with the protocol and focusing on other aspects of my life than PFS, but I really do need to keep spending some effort towards making sure that I have my new meals sorted out. Once all of that becomes routine, I can “set it and forget it.” In probably a couple of weeks, I might feel significantly better and I’ll definitely update my thread.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I agree that the best thing is to “set it and forget it.” If I’m eating things every day that disrupt my gut and that reduces my androgen sensitivity, that needs to be addressed ASAP which I believe I’m doing. It would make SO much sense if that was the case.

I thought that quinoa was okay since it’s not a grain (it’s technically a seed,) and seeds are specifically allowed on the protocol. However, quinoa is a pseudo-grain, and it’s high in lectins. As I did research on “leaky gut” syndrome, I’ve found out that quinoa, lentils, and brown rice all contribute to it, along with beans. While I did start eating meat and eggs, I also continued eating those other three foods on a daily basis, assuming that they were also okay. They’re not (at least for me.) I may have been giving myself the equivalent of gluten on a daily basis!

Yesterday I started doing what I think is a better version of the protocol diet, eliminating the beans, lentils, chickpeas, and the brown rice or quinoa for carb backloading. Until I’m fully healed, I'll only be using white rice for my carb backloading. In the process of making brown rice into white rice, the lectin is removed so that should be okay (even though CD says that brown rice is okay on his TMO website, I think white rice is safer for me.)

From what I’ve read, it usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to repair the leaky gut by making diet changes, since that’s how long it takes the gut’s inner lining to fully replace itself. I’m continuing with the protocol and focusing on other aspects of my life than PFS, but I really do need to keep spending some effort towards making sure that I have my new meals sorted out. Once all of that becomes routine, I can “set it and forget it.” In probably a couple of weeks, I might feel significantly better and I’ll definitely update my thread.
    The protocol is a solid "skeleton" Are some little things going to be tweaked per individual here and there, yes. It's alot as it is, so to even get into telling people they may need to watch the foods you mentioned, along with nightshades, etc, it would be overload.......it's overload for most dudes already.

Beans can be a hassle, for sure. But not for everyone. They aren't Paleo anyway.

Just strip the diet down to the bare essentials and then slowly start adding things back in. You'll come around in a few weeks, if not sooner should you route out the culprit
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The protocol is a solid "skeleton" Are some little things going to be tweaked per individual here and there, yes. It's alot as it is, so to even get into telling people they may need to watch the foods you mentioned, along with nightshades, etc, it would be overload.......it's overload for most dudes already.

Beans can be a hassle, for sure. But not for everyone. They aren't Paleo anyway.

Just strip the diet down to the bare essentials and then slowly start adding things back in. You'll come around in a few weeks, if not sooner should you route out the culprit
    Thanks, I do think that for most guys it’d feel like overload; but PFS is the worse overload.

I’m hopeful that white rice won’t cause any problems, and I’m really interested to see how I feel in another week or three. They say it takes 2 - 4 weeks for the gut lining to replace itself, and it’s already been close to 1 week.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I do think that for most guys it’d feel like overload; but PFS is the worse overload.

I’m hopeful that white rice won’t cause any problems, and I’m really interested to see how I feel in another week or three. They say it takes 2 - 4 weeks for the gut lining to replace itself, and it’s already been close to 1 week.
    I've always preferred white rice to brown. You won't have any problems with it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passed the 2 week mark now. I can’t say I feel much different yet, but maybe it will take 3 or 4 weeks for my gut to heal from the quinoa.

I feel like there has to be some kind of gut issue going on…

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Passed the 2 week mark now. I can’t say I feel much different yet, but maybe it will take 3 or 4 weeks for my gut to heal from the quinoa.

I feel like there has to be some kind of gut issue going on…
    Sometimes food/gut issues can take a month to get back to baseline once it's removed from the diet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s been over five weeks since I removed all grains except white rice from my diet, and unfortunately I didn’t experience what the benefits I got when I quit gluten only in 2019. (I am still off of gluten.)

I think the Super R Andro (2 pumps per day) shut down my estrogen after about 2 weeks, and I continued for 2 more weeks. Estrogen should be back online by now.

I do feel less horrible than I did on the back half of my Super R Andro cycle, but still bad. It’s been almost 2 weeks since that cycle ended, and a bit over 4 weeks of quitting non-white rice grains.

I have low energy, no erections morning or otherwise, and no libido. Haven’t tested the ability to feel sexual pleasure, and to be honest, I don’t want to. I’m not missing any workouts, I got back on the herbal rotation after my prohormone cycle, etc.

I’m mystified; I was making good progress in 2019 (including getting my morning wood back for months,) but I can’t seem to get back to that point. What happened??

I’m wondering if I have something wrong with my gut, not issues with grains. I’m probably going to get a GI-Map test and see if I have “small intestine bacterial overgrowth” (SIBO) or something along those lines. Someone else here (whose name I don’t care to mention) said he felt a block on his progress, got that test, had something and after a month of “herbal antibiotics” he felt 90% cured. So a GI-Map may be the next step for me as I continue the protocol. The cost of the test means nothing to me, so that won’t stop me.

I just want to figure out how to start feeling cycles of upswings and downswings again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m doing a bit better now. Yesterday I had some morning wood, and today as well. Also I have a bit more energy and I got a spontaneous erection too…

Still thinking about the GI Map test though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m doing a bit better now. Yesterday I had some morning wood, and today as well. Also I have a bit more energy and I got a spontaneous erection too…

Still thinking about the GI Map test though.
    How you making out?