User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are still getting the benefits of 5he cold shower even if you dont feel a shock. In fact, if I understand CD correctly, thats actually the best way to do it...
    Also, I must say, in my own experience, the testicle icing is probably the single most important thing not specifically listed in the protocol that I have been doing, so I'm happy to hear someone else is doing this...just to let you know, the studies done on this suggest at least 2 months before a notable rise in hormones from it, so stick with it for the long term...i see it as an extension of the cold showers really, but its little inconvenient to hope in the shower 4 times a day, whereas stuffing an ice pack down there is relatively simplistic

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    I think you are still getting the benefits of 5he cold shower even if you dont feel a shock. In fact, if I understand CD correctly, thats actually the best way to do it...
    Also, I must say, in my own experience, the testicle icing is probably the single most important thing not specifically listed in the protocol that I have been doing, so I'm happy to hear someone else is doing this...just to let you know, the studies done on this suggest at least 2 months before a notable rise in hormones from it, so stick with it for the long term...i see it as an extension of the cold showers really, but its little inconvenient to hope in the shower 4 times a day, whereas stuffing an ice pack down there is relatively simplistic
    That’s good to hear, since I’m not a fan of the shocking feeling. Since the weather has cooled down a lot here, the cold water from the shower is much colder than it was even one month ago, but I’m still doing it and have increased it to 3 minutes per day. It’s more difficult with the water this cold, but maybe that makes it more beneficial too.

I’m also glad to hear that you’ve been doing the testicle icing. The product that I’ve been using, Snowballs Underwear, has drastically reduced the quality of their product when I ordered more, so I was disappointed by that. I’ll return it and use the original stuff, and maybe get another product as well. I don’t use an ice pack since it could cause frostbite if you left it for too long, and I’m a bit paranoid about that. I prefer something that loses its coldness after 30 mins and you have to swap out another one from the freezer.

Also thanks for letting me know that it really takes about 2 (maybe more) months to feel the benefits of ball icing. I've skipped some ball icing days here and there since it’s not officially part of the protocol, but I think it can only help. The cold shrinkage reminds me of George Constanza — “I WAS IN THE POOL! I WAS IN THE POOL!” lol