User Tag List

Threaded View

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Re-reading the TMO page on this, it seems to only call for a short breath-holding period, not 3 - 4 minutes (permanent brain damage starts at 4 - 5 minutes) as many in the Wim Hof groups do, as if it’s some kind of breath holding contest. I’m personally leery of extreme breath holding (which you can easily do after hyperventilating) and that is probably what causes people the most problems. I’m going to look into it some more.
    You do what's comfortable for you. There are ALOT of people who do Wim Hof and I'm pretty sure none of them are brain damaged from it....lol.

What problems are you referring to? Most people who practice this have said nothing but how it transformed their lives for the better, myself included. The thing is, people, for the most part, are notoriously horrible at following directions properly. It's just the human condition. Of course you're going to have some people do it wrong and cause their own problems because of it.

But as you mentioned, it is not a breath holding contest. You do what is comfortable, never forced on the inhales or retentions, holds, etc.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-23-2021 at 08:13 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"