The Ultrahard insomnia is not fun, but I’m getting through it. I’m having more down days than up days lately, and I think some of that has to do with my sleep. I’ve been averaging around 5 to 5.5 hours per night, and I tend to feel awful whenever I get less than 7 hours per night on a consistent basis. I feel horrible even though I got almost 8 hours last night.

I’m also not sure if I’m screwing up my diet. I have a lot of red lentil pasta and marinara sauce, and I’m not 100% sure if that’s okay to have. I also eat peanut butter (plain) for breakfast on most work days, because I wake up right before work and don’t have time to make anything. I’m not sure if the lentils and peanuts (which are legumes) are bad.

I’m ususally working out 4 days per week (5 is the goal, and it’s never less than 3 days), but I haven’t been loyal with the sprints. I guess even if I make myself do 4 sets of sprints instead of 6, that will be better than nothing. I read a study where something like this did boost the T of elderly men (1 session per 5 days) so this is definitely something that will help me.

Also read about how dehydration can raise cortisol, and that that ultimately leads to lower DHT. Need to drink more water; getting a nice glass pitcher filter thing soon. Normally I’m drinking seltzer waters throughout the day.

Also slowly easing into the cold showers. I think the hot water from normal showers can be mildly bad for the balls; I’m not sure if cold showers are truly better than “body temperature” showers but we’ll see. I just hate shivering and feeling cold, gasping for breath, instead of having a nice, hot relaxing shower, which is usually the nicest part of my day. So replacing that with something painful will be a chore, but I can do it.

I seem to have a lot of trouble with the whole nofap thing; I’m not sure how I’ll be able to get that fully under control and go for a month or two at a time. Earlier in this whole process it was super easy to go 10 days at a time because my libido was truly that low, so I guess it’s good that it’s at least higher than that, but still.

Also going to re-download the Headspace meditation app, even though it’s pretty pricey. I was reading some studies that show that meditating regularly lowers your cortisol and actually does boost testosterone a bit. So these are all things I need to do.

I just want to be recovered from all of this garbage already. Sucks when you have more downswings than upswings, and even during the upswings I usually don’t have sensitivity. But hopefully I can get everything fully on track.