Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
Hey there, I'm just curious to know what your reaction to rice was precisely? Do you feel this was more of a gastrointestinal disturbance, or a psychological/hormonal disturbance?

Regarding the nofap, I recall reading something similar to what you mentioned. I believe it was a study done on an animal model that showed androgen receptors in the brain regenerated after 4-7 days of no release...its a difficult part of this protocol, at least for some of us, but I have repeatedly seen users on here doing it successfully for weeks on end prior to their recovery.
The rice doesn’t cause any overt symptoms, otherwise I would have figured that out right away. There’s no way that I would have kept eating it for over a year if it was giving me stomach pains (gastrointestinal disturbance), or bad memories of when ninjas flooded my village with rice and I had to avenge my family (pshchological disturbance).

I'm not sure if rice is interfering with my hormones in some way, but that’s my guess. I almost never get gastrointestinal issues, the only exception is that chickpeas make me fart relentlessly.

Yeah, I do think that NoFap is very important, although it’s the part of the protocol that I have really never been able to tackle despite using an enormous amount of willpower. My bed was just not conducive to me not masturbating, so I have to change that. Like at hotels or staying at my brother’s house or my parents house - I have absolutely no problem not masturbating. Or my own couch. So hopefully getting less soft bedding stuff will help me. I definitely have to find a way to tackle it.