User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    CD, can there be backlash from supplementing magnesium and glycine for sleep? I know that they are naturally found in the body and are essential, but I just want to be extra careful when incorporating things. And I've been referencing the website quite a lot.
    The stuff that cd recommends for sleep are very safe. From the things he recommends ashwa, alibizia, l-theanine helped the most.

Some people found glycine a godsend. For me it didn't really do much. (even when doing like 30 grams)
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    The stuff that cd recommends for sleep are very safe. From the things he recommends ashwa, alibizia, l-theanine helped the most.

Some people found glycine a godsend. For me it didn't really do much. (even when doing like 30 grams)
    Thanks for the response. What about the guy who went to the hospital after using glycine and gelatin for a few months? I saw that post on here and he claims that it severely screwed him up right?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. What about the guy who went to the hospital after using glycine and gelatin for a few months? I saw that post on here and he claims that it severely screwed him up right?
    you're right I forgot about him. I didn't have adverse reaction but one thing you can do is start super small dose and work up to see if it even helps at all. Or if you want to be super safe abstain. I'm not sure and I hope he's okay.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We really can't be sure that is what put him in the state he ended up in, or that he was doing everything the way it was supposed to be done. I've never heard of that happening to anyone else, ever. Doesn't mean it's not possible, just not likely.

When done as outlined, these things can and will only help, not hurt.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For carb backloading, what are your carb sources of choice? Do I just implement the carbs which don't contain gluten, like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, yams, etc? It didn't specifically say on the site, and I understand that potatoes are largely considerend non-Paleo. Just wanted to be sure about this. Thanks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a shitload of bone broth powder in my coffee past two days got some bruxism (feel great though) but shows that it's a pretty powerful food. can kinda feel it jack up my neurotransmitters (like 20 grams!)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bone broth + coffee... that would taste... interesting?!... How is your experience with bone broth powder generally (sans coffee)? Obviously it won’t be as good as preparing your own bone broth, but I have been thinking about adding it in as shortcut that still has gut healing properties. Worth trying?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For carb backloading, what are your carb sources of choice? Do I just implement the carbs which don't contain gluten, like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, yams, etc? It didn't specifically say on the site, and I understand that potatoes are largely considerend non-Paleo. Just wanted to be sure about this. Thanks.
    Potatoes are only considered non-paleo due to the technicality that they were not widely eaten by Neolithic people, but they are generally considered a suitable food for those on a paleo diet as they’re nutrient dense and lack the anti-nutrients that put paleo-dieters off of many other carbohydrate sources. The only potential issue is that they’re a nightshade, but so are many other fruits and vegetables that fall under the paleo umbrella.

Oatmeal, on the other hand, as a grain, is not considered paleo.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE gluten free pasta when backloading lol. That and white rice are my two favorites

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insomnia & Non-Restful Sleep - Help Appreciated!

When your further along in your journey, you can add in gluten free snacks for variety.. just the other day I had pasta & bread; then after I had gluten free chocolate chip cookies and dipped them in goats milk.. I backload HARD, stuff my face with all kinds of stuff.. Really good mentally, takes the pressure off yourself to just eat salads all the time, although I enjoy that as well..

Please Don’t do this cause it will turn into a cycle but you can sometimes get away with a cheat meal after workouts, not the best option but your body can use the sugars.. but stay on the straight & narrow... I’m just saying if you was to slip up, after a workout at night in your backloading time would be the lesser evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk