User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insomnia & Non-Restful Sleep - Help Appreciated!

Hi Guys,

I've been dealing with PFS for about 5 months now since I took a single 1mg pill of Finasteride. Yes, a single 1mg pill. The same evening, I got horrible brain fog, memory loss, it basically felt like I was high and couldn't come down. It has now progressed into muscle wasting, loss of appetite, and it seems I have lost my ability to fall into deep sleep. It is very hard to fall asleep in general, as there is something in my brain that is blocking my body from resting. Once I am asleep, I wake up very frequently and once I wake, I can tell that I was in a very light sleep. Ultimately, when my alarm goes off and I have to go to work, it feels as though I've barely slept at all. Right now I am supplementing a 5mg melatonin with a bilayer - fast and extended release, chamomile tea, and my glycine and magnesium just came in the mail this week. Can any of you guys relate to this? Any suggestions for getting my sleep back?

Thanks,

Damon

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been dealing with PFS for about 5 months now since I took a single 1mg pill of Finasteride. Yes, a single 1mg pill. The same evening, I got horrible brain fog, memory loss, it basically felt like I was high and couldn't come down. It has now progressed into muscle wasting, loss of appetite, and it seems I have lost my ability to fall into deep sleep. It is very hard to fall asleep in general, as there is something in my brain that is blocking my body from resting. Once I am asleep, I wake up very frequently and once I wake, I can tell that I was in a very light sleep. Ultimately, when my alarm goes off and I have to go to work, it feels as though I've barely slept at all. Right now I am supplementing a 5mg melatonin with a bilayer - fast and extended release, chamomile tea, and my glycine and magnesium just came in the mail this week. Can any of you guys relate to this? Any suggestions for getting my sleep back?

Thanks,

Damon
    It is one of the shitty symptoms that most PFS guys have, so yeah, most here can relate.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD, can there be backlash from supplementing magnesium and glycine for sleep? I know that they are naturally found in the body and are essential, but I just want to be extra careful when incorporating things. And I've been referencing the website quite a lot.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CD, can there be backlash from supplementing magnesium and glycine for sleep? I know that they are naturally found in the body and are essential, but I just want to be extra careful when incorporating things. And I've been referencing the website quite a lot.
    None that I have ever experienced or have ever heard of for that matter.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. Would you recommend adding a pre-bed snack to the mix? I've read that cheese and honey seems to help some. Just curious based off experience!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. Would you recommend adding a pre-bed snack to the mix? I've read that cheese and honey seems to help some. Just curious based off experience!
    Eat whenever you are hungry. As long as your sticking to the recommended diet, you won't have to worry about calories. Eat until satisfied. Cheese and honey are fine. Seeing as honey is a carb, you want to keep that in mind unless you're backloading.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate it man. I'm nowhere close to recovered, and I saw you started the carb backloading once you were already recovered mostly. So my diet after I come off the juice feast should steer clear away from most carbs, such as bananas and potatoes? I noticed no heavy-carb foods were listed in the protocol (unless carb backloading).

Thanks for the responses CD.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I appreciate it man. I'm nowhere close to recovered, and I saw you started the carb backloading once you were already recovered mostly. So my diet after I come off the juice feast should steer clear away from most carbs, such as bananas and potatoes? I noticed no heavy-carb foods were listed in the protocol (unless carb backloading).

Thanks for the responses CD.
    Go back and reread the site. All fruit and veggies are fair game. Complex carbs are used only while backloading at night.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Any news on when the unscented shampoo will be back in stock? I figured that would be safer than either the lavender or lemongrass; but if it isn't coming back in stock anytime soon, I'll have to make due with one of the others.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try glycine, albizia and blue vervine tincture before bed. It’s a nice good sleep buzz feeling.