Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My road to recovery

Hey guys. Been lurking on the forum for a couple months now but decided to sign up just now.

I've been dealing with pfs since November, took fin for less than a week and then quit due to sexual sides.

After crashing the first two months were hell as I hadn't heard of pfs before and had no idea what was happening to me. I found this site thanks to a few people on PH mentioning it. I started the protocol partially in January, and have been fully on board since early February. I did the juice feast and am now doing everything that TMO mentions, except sun exposure (it's hard where I live in the winter months) but will start that too when the sun comes out. I have to mention that at the moment I'm only cycling 16 herbs, not 21.

Anyway, my symptoms are what you're probably all familiar with; low libido, varying ED, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, depression, muscle loss and weakness, head pressure at times, dry skin, you name it.

I've always been a disciplined person and been into self improvement. Ironically, that desire to improve is what made me take finasteride. Been lifting weights since I was 16.

Looking forward to recovering and will post updates here from time to time, but I've noticed that the less I think about pfs the better so I likely won't be posting here everyday.

Cheers fellas
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 05-05-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Hey guys. Been lurking on the forum for a couple months now but decided to sign up just now.

I've been dealing with pfs since November, took fin for about a week and then quit due to sexual sides.

After crashing the first two months were hell as I hadn't heard of pfs before and had no idea what was happening to me. I found this site thanks to a few people on PH mentioning it. I started the protocol partially in January, and have been fully on board since early February. I did the juice feast and am now doing everything that TMO mentions, except sun exposure (it's hard where I live in the winter months) but will start that too when the sun comes out. I have to mention that at the moment I'm only cycling 16 herbs, not 21.

Anyway, my symptoms are what you're probably all familiar with; low libido, varying ED, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, depression, muscle loss and weakness, head pressure at times, dry skin, you name it.

I've always been a disciplined person and been into self improvement. Ironically, that desire to improve is what made me take finasteride. Been lifting weights since I was 16.

Looking forward to recovering and will post updates here from time to time, but I've noticed that the less I think about pfs the better so I likely won't be posting here everyday.

Cheers fellas
    Welcome.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Welcome.
    Thanks CD, glad to be here.

Quick question for you or anyone else who can help me out: is it normal to feel completely exhausted after a HIIT session? I'm talking exhausted to the point I feel super spaced out and just have to lay down for up to an hour after doing it. After an hour I'll feel better. Am I overdoing it? I'm doing HIIT twice a week like TMO suggests. Should I dial it down to just once a week? I'm also working out with weights 3-4x a week.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD, glad to be here.

Quick question for you or anyone else who can help me out: is it normal to feel completely exhausted after a HIIT session? I'm talking exhausted to the point I feel super spaced out and just have to lay down for up to an hour after doing it. After an hour I'll feel better. Am I overdoing it? I'm doing HIIT twice a week like TMO suggests. Should I dial it down to just once a week? I'm also working out with weights 3-4x a week.
    It depends on alot of variables.

You should feel wiped out after doing HIIT if you're doing it properly. But you can over stress the system as well. Do you feel better after the sprints? What is your current fitness level?

For the most part, you're going to feel out of it if it's something you're not used to. Most people aren't used to pushing themselves like this, so it may feel like too much at first.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-31-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It depends on alot of variables.

You should feel wiped out after doing HIIT if you're doing it properly. But you can over stress the system as well. Do you feel better after the sprints? What is your current fitness level?

For the most part, you're going to feel out of it if it's something you're not used to. Most people aren't used to pushing themselves like this, so it may feel like too much at first.
    Yeah, I never did HIIT before pfs so it might just be that I'm not used to doing it. I always just did normal cardio. Pre-PFS I worked out with weights and did cardio, but my diet was pretty shit so I wasn't in great shape, even though I had a fair amount of muscle. Since crashing I've lost quite a bit of weight so taking it pretty easy at the gym and building it up from there.

After sprinting I'll feel wiped out for up to an hour, but after resting I'll start feeling better, better than before. If that's to be expected then I'll just push through.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I never did HIIT before pfs so it might just be that I'm not used to doing it. I always just did normal cardio. Pre-PFS I worked out with weights and did cardio, but my diet was pretty shit so I wasn't in great shape, even though I had a fair amount of muscle. Since crashing I've lost quite a bit of weight so taking it pretty easy at the gym and building it up from there.

After sprinting I'll feel wiped out for up to an hour, but after resting I'll start feeling better, better than before. If that's to be expected then I'll just push through.
    If that is the case, then keep doing it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice upswing. More motivation, better stress tolerance and just better mood overall.

Also did sun exposure for the first time today

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happy to report another upswing. i'm having days where my aggression and drive to succeed in life are pretty much back. also i find myself getting mad at things again which is refreshing after being completely apathetic for so long. also libido and dick numbness fluctuate from bad to decent. though in the grand scheme of things the thing i care the least about is sexual. give me a good mental state and i'll be happy like im recovered lol.

one thing i have a problem with though is OCD-ness about following the protocol. seeing as the protocol is pretty much routine for me now, it doesn't feel like i'm "following a protocol to beat pfs". i just feel like i'm living normal life. so i keep constantly checking the quick start guide on TMO to make sure i'm doing everything everyday. sucks but just gotta trust the process lol.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happy to report another upswing. i'm having days where my aggression and drive to succeed in life are pretty much back. also i find myself getting mad at things again which is refreshing after being completely apathetic for so long. also libido and dick numbness fluctuate from bad to decent. though in the grand scheme of things the thing i care the least about is sexual. give me a good mental state and i'll be happy like im recovered lol.

one thing i have a problem with though is OCD-ness about following the protocol. seeing as the protocol is pretty much routine for me now, it doesn't feel like i'm "following a protocol to beat pfs". i just feel like i'm living normal life. so i keep constantly checking the quick start guide on TMO to make sure i'm doing everything everyday. sucks but just gotta trust the process lol.
    I struggled with this as well - and it's a good struggle. I attribute this to my recovery being within two years. I only slipped up and drank a few times, was rigorous with no gluten and diet, worked out religiously, sprinted, cold showers, etc..... and again, I credit this to making my journey relatively simple. However, near the end (say, around 90% back) - it got bad. I would literally decide to have a drink and then BOOM massive anxiety and doubt crept into my mind.....no matter if it had ill effect or not. Separating from that is hard, and you don't want to entirely - a lot of that doubt will help you maintain good health the rest of your life.....but you've got to adapt back to normality a little bit or else you're never truly "back".
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I struggled with this as well - and it's a good struggle. I attribute this to my recovery being within two years. I only slipped up and drank a few times, was rigorous with no gluten and diet, worked out religiously, sprinted, cold showers, etc..... and again, I credit this to making my journey relatively simple. However, near the end (say, around 90% back) - it got bad. I would literally decide to have a drink and then BOOM massive anxiety and doubt crept into my mind.....no matter if it had ill effect or not. Separating from that is hard, and you don't want to entirely - a lot of that doubt will help you maintain good health the rest of your life.....but you've got to adapt back to normality a little bit or else you're never truly "back".
    Thanks for the advice Maxout. Off topic, but what are your opinions on AndroHard by Muscle Gelz? IIRC you used it at one point. I'm considering running it for my first cycle during the summer, as that'll be four months on the protocol. R Andro seems to be out of stock on pretty much every website that ships to Europe, and AH is much cheaper. Just wondering if it'd be safe to run it for my first cycle. Would also be interested in hearing CD's opinion on this.

And @Rick yeah it seems like the people who recover here do so in one and a half to two years. Has allowed me to stop obsessing over the condition and focus on the long term.