User Tag List

Hybrid View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working out feeling like blacking out

Hey guys, wanted to ask I have now been on the third week in the gym and I am getting these dizzy spells....I am on the herb rotation also. its frustrating cause I want to lift heavier and can feel I can but my heart races too strongly then gets crazy sweats....like my whole system is over heating...and I get these dizzy feelings like wanna faint?

very disappointed as mentally I am ready to go hard in the gym but when I do my body now is going into panic mode? any help please I really want to get this program into full force.

The only thing I can think of is maybe having a big breakfast before I train? (I am currently working out on just having a coffee)....maybe my body is going too much into starvation mode and I am trying to lift heavy and its back firing?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might be something different but I noticed I was unconsciously holding my breathe when I was doing shoulder presses and would make me light headed. Try breathing (this was pre pfs too).
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working out feeling like blacking out

Try breathing between each rep...Your supposed to take a big breath and hold it in when lifting heavy. It creates tension so you can lift a bit more weight and protects your spine. It’s called The Valsalva Maneuver.

When powerlifters use belts to deadlift or squat, it’s not to protect their back, even though it’s a byproduct of wearing it. When they take a deep breath in, their core presses on the belt (its worn very tight) and that creates a ton of tension, therefore allowing you to lift more weight with a belt on. Most people have the idea of weightlifting belts screwed up. It’s not meant to be a back brace.

The fainting you see in all these videos after guys do heavy deadlifts happens when your blood pressure drops down from it being so high when your doing the lift. I almost fainted Friday cause I’m doing high rep deadlifts, which equals more time that I’m holding the breath while lifting.. i do take a breath out between reps though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joelander View Post
    Hey guys, wanted to ask I have now been on the third week in the gym and I am getting these dizzy spells....I am on the herb rotation also. its frustrating cause I want to lift heavier and can feel I can but my heart races too strongly then gets crazy sweats....like my whole system is over heating...and I get these dizzy feelings like wanna faint?

very disappointed as mentally I am ready to go hard in the gym but when I do my body now is going into panic mode? any help please I really want to get this program into full force.

The only thing I can think of is maybe having a big breakfast before I train? (I am currently working out on just having a coffee)....maybe my body is going too much into starvation mode and I am trying to lift heavy and its back firing?
    What was your fitness level before starting the program? Did you work out prior to PFS?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    What was your fitness level before starting the program? Did you work out prior to PFS?
    thanks all for your input, I will try these breathing exercises and take my time in the gym. CDs I used to regularly workout before PFS like 4 times a week...I got PFS in 2013 and never went back to the gym....the only exercise I did with PFS was 20min walking max......I had a 6 year break from exercise then only went back three weeks ago......2013, then back in the gym 2019....it was too much for my system with PFS I had to call the ambulance in 2013 while working out on the cusp of PFS as I thought I was having a heart attack.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joelander View Post
    thanks all for your input, I will try these breathing exercises and take my time in the gym. CDs I used to regularly workout before PFS like 4 times a week...I got PFS in 2013 and never went back to the gym....the only exercise I did with PFS was 20min walking max......I had a 6 year break from exercise then only went back three weeks ago......2013, then back in the gym 2019....it was too much for my system with PFS I had to call the ambulance in 2013 while working out on the cusp of PFS as I thought I was having a heart attack.
    If you're completely out of shape then I always recommend starting with a few weeks of calisthenics. Build from there......slowly.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"