User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Def's Journey

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is pitch the Shilajit powder at LEH? I will pick that up next time.

I guess my second question was linked to the first. Like how do I separate my Shilajit into two portions so I can take the second dose at work - or do you just carry the little tub around with you? For the powders I had just become that guy who has a bunch of jars with assorted powders in his office LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep supplements

So one of the major areas I am still struggling with is sleep. I am pretty sure this is partly related to my gut problems. If my gut is off, gas, bloating etc - then my sleep will be off too. It feels like pathogenic bacteria that react to certain foods, but for some reason seem to create most havoc at night between 3 and 5am.

Anyway, to try and help my sleep, I am getting into the sleep supplements. I have magnesium, glycine and a combined ziziphus and passion flower supplement (Metagenics). Should the sleep supplements be cycled? Or are they designed to be used daily as a stack?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Is pitch the Shilajit powder at LEH? I will pick that up next time.

I guess my second question was linked to the first. Like how do I separate my Shilajit into two portions so I can take the second dose at work - or do you just carry the little tub around with you? For the powders I had just become that guy who has a bunch of jars with assorted powders in his office LOL
    The pitch is different then the powder. It's like a play-doe consistency whereas the resin is more gooey.

I would separate my doses in pre-measured empty medicine bottles and just knock it back when the time comes in the afternoon. Do what ever you need to do to make it work. I found this easier then carrying around the bags of herbs.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So one of the major areas I am still struggling with is sleep. I am pretty sure this is partly related to my gut problems. If my gut is off, gas, bloating etc - then my sleep will be off too. It feels like pathogenic bacteria that react to certain foods, but for some reason seem to create most havoc at night between 3 and 5am.

Anyway, to try and help my sleep, I am getting into the sleep supplements. I have magnesium, glycine and a combined ziziphus and passion flower supplement (Metagenics). Should the sleep supplements be cycled? Or are they designed to be used daily as a stack?
    They don't need to be cycled as much as the T boosters simply because the mechanism of action is different. The Mag and the glycine can be taken nightly...the sleep herbs you can take one half the week and the other on the other half of the week. You should also pick up Albizia....this one works the best IMO.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD - will pick up some Albizia with my next LEH order.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD - will pick up some Albizia with my next LEH order.
    It's just a shame it taste so awful....lol. I can tolerate alot of nasty tasting shit, but this one really makes me hate it. Works though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

Thought I would drop in to give you all a 3/4 month update.

It's been a relatively short time, so wasn't expecting any miracles. However, overall, I think I have made some steps in the right direction as set out below. My biggest obstacle in this seems to be me. My job, social life, and relationship seem to get in the way of me fully committing to the protocol by making me eat out, drink and have late nights more often than I should. I am lucky that this doesn’t seem to set me back too far, and that if I commit to the protocol at other times, I am generally ok. It is definitely delaying my progress though and I will cut this back as best I can. I have summarised my improvements and continuing issues below

Improvements

1) Exercise is working and I am starting to get stronger in the gym for the first time in a while. Body weight is now up to 165lb from a low of 145lb during juice feast. All muscle

2) Sleep is slightly better if I my gut is not playing up and I use glycine (though still not great - see below).

3) Urine stream seems stronger generally.

4) If I sleep well, then I am seeing more and stronger morning erections.

5) The weeks I get the protocol right, I generally do feel a bit better and sharper overall.

Issues that continue

1) Sleep is still not great in that I will usually wake up at least once or twice (for between 10 and 30 mins) and not as deep as it should be. However it is better than it was - I would relatively often be up for 1-2 hours in the middle of the night which happens less and less.

2) Gut is still problematic but may have had a breakthrough there. I went to a gastro to have an X ray and scope to rule out anything serious. Scope was fine but X ray revealed that I was backed up - even though I was having bowel movements 1 to 3 times a day! I have been using a natural, osmotic bulking agent (sodium chloride, citric acid, lime juice etc) to bulk and soften the backlog. This seems to be slowly working and with it reducing the gas and bloating. We will see.

3) Libido is still non-existent, but as I understand one of the last things to come back online. Thankfully my fiancé’s isn’t that high at the moment either.

4) Sill need PDE5s for sex. I don’t have ED - ie the junk works - but it can take a long time to get it going (which can be difficult without a libido). PDE5s are easier for now.

5) Still dry skin and some other more minor issues.

Things I have done / am doing well:

1) juice fast for 2 weeks as outlined above.

2) pretty much straight paleo with backloading on gym days. My gf and I have worked out a recipe for bread using no grain (mainly almond meal) which helps a lot in the mornings.

3) herb rotation of pine pollen (daily), tongkat, maca, HGW, ashwaghanda, mucuna, he shou wu, eleuthero, cistanche, shilajit resin. First dose is easy, but I do often forget my afternoon dose if I am stuck in meetings, out of office, etc. Need to fix that. Also just ordered Albizia for sleep.

4) heavy lifts 2-3 times a week, yoga 1-2 times a week and tennis once on weekend.

5) cut out xenoestrogens and using natural products.

6) glycine, magnesium and ziziphus / Passion flower for sleep.

7) sunning myself whenever I can (boys whenever I have a chance in private!).

8) no fap.

Things I have not done / been slacking on:

1) cold showers - been pussying out but have just started up again now winter is over

2) breathing exercises and meditation - mental symptoms aren’t bad but I would like to start doing this to see if it helps with sleep

3) skin brushing - I probably just need to get a brush and make it a habit

4) bathmate - I don’t have one and not sure I will get one - not sure how anyone does 20 mins of pumping in a cold shower!

5) prohormones - don’t think I’m ready yet.

6) alcohol - it is a year in which many of my best friends seem to be getting married, leaving for overseas, etc so there has been quite a number of events and some to come (including my own wedding) so I have been drinking more than I should - usually only on weekends and still not going crazy - but still not good for recovery.

Apologies for another monster post, but it is good to write this out for my own benefit if no one else’s!

Def

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the answer to this is going to be “everyone’s different” but what are the general stages of recovery? You often read about libido being the last thing to come back. But what about the other stuff?

As I’ve noted in my last point, over first 4 months I have definitely managed to gain some muscle mass, strength and perhaps slightly better sleep. Is it “normal” for those to be the first things to improve? I had a bit of a downswing a week or so ago but seem to be swinging back up again this week.

Gut is still not right though and, when it is off, there is almost a 100% correlation with poor sleep... Libido still non existent...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def's Journey

I suspect the answer to this is going to be “everyone’s different” but what are the general stages of recovery? You often read about libido being the last thing to come back. But what about the other stuff?

As I’ve noted in my last point, over first 4 months I have definitely managed to gain some muscle mass, strength and perhaps slightly better sleep. Is it “normal” for those to be the first things to improve? I had a bit of a downswing a week or so ago but seem to be swinging back up again this week.

Gut is still not right though and, when it is off, there is almost a 100% correlation with poor sleep... Libido still non existent...
    Libido, if you have penis curvature, weird texture to it etc, basically anything sexual is last for the most part. It’s nature, sexual things turn on when the body is in abundance and everything else is on point, it’s basically saying “okay, conditions are optimal, time to reproduce”.. when your compromised your body does not want to breed itself in such a state.

Everything else id say is up to the person.. mental symptoms usually go away first, but that’s not as common as sexual symptoms being last.. but I can see why mental symptoms get better first for most, it all starts with the brain ; body follows.

for me, my sleep got better first.. i remember id sleep well and mornings would be the worst cause I’d wake up from a dream and realize I’m depressed, suicidal, anxious etc. it was like hello back to reality. after a few Andro cycles my stool was starting to look normal, which kind of shits on the theory of PFS starting in the gut... every problem is stemmed from lack of 5AR or lack of 5AR sensitivity, whichever it is. & we all know these cycles increase 5AR’s density and sensitivity over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all

Just a quick update. I am at about the 6 month mark now.

I have made noticeable improvements in exercise, muscle mass but still struggling with gut and sleep. Libido will, of course, be the last thing to come back online.

I am noticing that the days I do heavy weights sessions (usually 3pm) that I sleep worse for some reason. I would have thought this should be the opposite. Am I pushing myself too hard??

I also notice that if I have a blow out, eg got pretty wasted on Fri, that it sets me back for a good week or so. Once my wedding is over, that all stops for a while...

Otherwise, still doing herbs, cold showers, paleo, and most other aspects of paleo.

Cheers

Def