Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Def's Journey

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    So I’m up to day 10 on the juice feast... it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, though I am getting really over the juice now. My gut is also still a bit all over the shop - but definitely better than at the start. Plan to go for 14 days.... but now want to plan for the next phase...

What do you guys eat for quick, healthy, paleo breakfasts other than eggs (+ bacon + fish + veg)? I think breakfast is the meal where I am going to miss carbs most as I would usually eat a few slices of wholemeal toast with avocado / eggs / vegemite (it’s an Aussie spread). Any recommendations for quick, healthy and filling paleo brekky recipes - ideally 10-15 min prep time!
    A hurdle for some guys is the breakfast thing. You have to re train your mind as to what constitutes breakfast foods. All in all, this is just a concept created by people. Food is food. You could always try some gluten free options, but really it's just best to stay on track as much as possible.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man. Yeah - I get it. Just wondering if any dudes had any good tips. I have come up with my own brekky roster for the time being.

Incidentally, that is my 14 days of juice f*cken done! I have lost a shit ton of weight - now 6’2” and about 65kg/145lb... that’s nearly 10kg down on my usuall weight. But that’s all good. Can’t wait to build myself back up. Broke my fast with watermelon and going to slowly work up to paleo diet again.

Another question, this time re the herbs. TMO says we should dose on an empty stomach in the morning and then again in the afternoon. Is that the same herb twice a day? Going to start out with an 8 herb weekly cycle and build up (pine pollen daily plus 7 to cycle). Any recommendations as to the best 7? I am thinking tongkat, horny goat, maca, Ashwagandha, mucuna, cistanche and maybe eleuthero? Thoughts?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man. Yeah - I get it. Just wondering if any dudes had any good tips. I have come up with my own brekky roster for the time being.

Incidentally, that is my 14 days of juice f*cken done! I have lost a shit ton of weight - now 6’2” and about 65kg/145lb... that’s nearly 10kg down on my usuall weight. But that’s all good. Can’t wait to build myself back up. Broke my fast with watermelon and going to slowly work up to paleo diet again.

Another question, this time re the herbs. TMO says we should dose on an empty stomach in the morning and then again in the afternoon. Is that the same herb twice a day? Going to start out with an 8 herb weekly cycle and build up (pine pollen daily plus 7 to cycle). Any recommendations as to the best 7? I am thinking tongkat, horny goat, maca, Ashwagandha, mucuna, cistanche and maybe eleuthero? Thoughts?
    Congratulations. Most (not all) of the herbs from Lost Empire recommend dosing twice daily on the instructions on the packet, so I presume the instructions on TMO are referring to that, although I'm curious to hear myself whether CD or anyone else feels it's worth going beyond the recommended dose/doubling up on any of the 'single-dose' herbs.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, same herb, twice daily.

All of them can be dosed twice a day. If the directions call for one teaspoon/day, take half a teaspoon in the a.m. and then half a teaspoon in the late afternoon.

In the beginning though, you want to go for the max recommended dose, so for most of them, that's two teaspoons a day.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herbs ordered - pine pollen, HGW, tongkat, maca, shilajat, cistanche, mucuna, ashwaghanda, he shou wu and ant. Can’t wait until these arrive and to start dosing!

Back in the gym yesterday and while I have lost a little strength - again not as bad as I expected. I am going to build it all back with pure, organically fed, muscle...

I am now up to having steamed veggies again and no digestive issues yet - a great sign! Still no libido and sleep still light and unrefreshing, but I plan to start the sleep supplements shortly too. Thanks all for the help to date!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def's Journey

I’ve overdosed on herbs a lot. Not so much on amount per dose but the amount of doses in a day.. for example, Goji Berry says 1-2 tablespoons a day.. I’m assuming you take it twice a day as recommend.
    i would take 1 teaspoon morning, afternoon, and evening with Pine Pollen. There’s been times I took a herb 4x spread through the day.

The only negative effect I got was that I took too much Rhodiola one time and threw up minutes later. Same happened not too long ago with He Shou Wu. I was on the move & didn’t have a spoon on me, so I just knocked the bag back in my mouth & tried to guesstimate a teaspoon. Went way over the amount and barfed it out. Same deal with potassium chloride powder.

So for me, chugging a lot at once is problematic. But taking the recommended amount 3,4 times is no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one - I am now just biding my time until my herbs arrive. I am in Australia so the Lost Empire delivery could take a while (particularly with our crazy customs laws).

Been strict paleo and slowly getting into the cold showers.... Unfortunately got a super busy patch at work so training is not where I need it to be yet. No change in the sleep or libido as yet, but gut is definitely better than it was. Still noticing gut sensitivities to a couple of foods so trying to weed them out.

Btw - post juice feast and paleo it feels like my gut is on steroids. The output is... immense... Is this a thing?!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice one - I am now just biding my time until my herbs arrive. I am in Australia so the Lost Empire delivery could take a while (particularly with our crazy customs laws).

Been strict paleo and slowly getting into the cold showers.... Unfortunately got a super busy patch at work so training is not where I need it to be yet. No change in the sleep or libido as yet, but gut is definitely better than it was. Still noticing gut sensitivities to a couple of foods so trying to weed them out.

Btw - post juice feast and paleo it feels like my gut is on steroids. The output is... immense... Is this a thing?!
    Proper digestion should typically be meal in, meal out, lol. This is a general rule of thumb and is true for most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my herbs have finally arrived! Now have pine pollen, tongkat, maca, HGW, cistanche, shilajit, ashwaghanda, mucuna, eleuthero and he shou wu.

Looking forward to getting this rotation going properly. A couple of questions:

1) I tried Shilajit resin today. How the f@ck do you use this stuff?! Getting it out of the tub is simple enough but that sh!t does not want to leave the little spoon... Is there something I’m missing here?

2) for those of you that work in an office, how do you manage your second daily dose? Do you have a set of herbs for work and one at home?

By way of general update, not much to note in the way of changes - but it is early days yet. I have been pretty much strict paleo since breaking my fast, but there is still something that is setting off my gut, causing bloating and gas, and weirdly night time awakening. I have tried all kinds of eliminations, so might need to see an gastro doctor for a scope... Will give it another month or so...

Finally back in the gym again after EOFY, so looking forward to making some serious strides soon.

Def

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So my herbs have finally arrived! Now have pine pollen, tongkat, maca, HGW, cistanche, shilajit, ashwaghanda, mucuna, eleuthero and he shou wu.

Looking forward to getting this rotation going properly. A couple of questions:

1) I tried Shilajit resin today. How the f@ck do you use this stuff?! Getting it out of the tub is simple enough but that sh!t does not want to leave the little spoon... Is there something I’m missing here?

2) for those of you that work in an office, how do you manage your second daily dose? Do you have a set of herbs for work and one at home?

By way of general update, not much to note in the way of changes - but it is early days yet. I have been pretty much strict paleo since breaking my fast, but there is still something that is setting off my gut, causing bloating and gas, and weirdly night time awakening. I have tried all kinds of eliminations, so might need to see an gastro doctor for a scope... Will give it another month or so...

Finally back in the gym again after EOFY, so looking forward to making some serious strides soon.

Def
    1. If you have the option, I prefer the pitch to all the other versions because of this reason.....the resin is a pain in the dick to work with. You don't bother with that little spoon....use the end of a butter knife and just dip out the dose and lick it off....done.

2. Not sure what you mean by manage the second dose? You just take the herbs? Not sure I understand your question?