User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Def's Journey

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my juice feast starts tomorrow and it is winter here. A couple questions (to which I suspect the answer will be no), is it ok for me to drink:

1) warm vegetable broth, prepared using a slow cooker and nut milk bagged of all fibres, at night?

2) plain grass fed bone broth?

I appreciate none of these is juice, or mentioned on TMO, but wanted to check as it will make evenings much more pleasant...

Def

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All - another question.

Am half a day into my juice feast. Apologies if this is TMI, but is it normal for the juices to be flying through you in the form of liquid stool within half a day? First movement this morning was normal, but now basically pure (bright green juice coloured) liquid...

Just want to make sure I’m not having a bad / out of the ordinary reaction.

Def

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys - any advice on this? My partner is also doing the juice feast with me and she is still having normal movements. Appreciate that everyone is different, but I am now at the end of day 2 and still having liquid movements (around 4 today) and just want to make sure this is all part of the detox process... I will push through, but hoping this will level out and I actually absorb more of the nutrients.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Guys - any advice on this? My partner is also doing the juice feast with me and she is still having normal movements. Appreciate that everyone is different, but I am now at the end of day 2 and still having liquid movements (around 4 today) and just want to make sure this is all part of the detox process... I will push through, but hoping this will level out and I actually absorb more of the nutrients.
    Can't speak for what's normal, but my experience was similar to yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers bud - that helps - will keep pushing on.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going by the greens drink outline on TMO? A pound of celery, pound of mixed greens, 1 cucumber, etc? Adding any lemon juice or anything? Just checking, I've had to backtrack my juice feast because I seriously underestimated the amount of work and time in the mornings for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am broadly following the TMO ingredient list. Like you, I am also pretty time poor, so I purchased the bulk of my juices from a fresh, organic, cold pressed juice place around the corner from me. You can see the juice list and their ingredients further up in this thread - though I made a couple of substitutions on Marquis’ advice.

I am also supplementing morning and night with my own fresh made juices - mainly celery, cucumber, ginger, some carrot and apple. NutriBullet plus nut milk bag seems to be working to fill in a few juices each day.

Today is my first day working on the juice feast and it is not (yet) as bad as I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads

Apologies for spamming - but are we allowed to juice tomatoes on a juice feast? They aren't specifically referred to on TMO but they are "fruits" and I would definitely use those sweet little cherry tomatoes in juices if we can...

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Lads

Apologies for spamming - but are we allowed to juice tomatoes on a juice feast? They aren't specifically referred to on TMO but they are "fruits" and I would definitely use those sweet little cherry tomatoes in juices if we can...
    You're not spamming.....

And yes, you can use tomatoes.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’m up to day 10 on the juice feast... it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, though I am getting really over the juice now. My gut is also still a bit all over the shop - but definitely better than at the start. Plan to go for 14 days.... but now want to plan for the next phase...

What do you guys eat for quick, healthy, paleo breakfasts other than eggs (+ bacon + fish + veg)? I think breakfast is the meal where I am going to miss carbs most as I would usually eat a few slices of wholemeal toast with avocado / eggs / vegemite (it’s an Aussie spread). Any recommendations for quick, healthy and filling paleo brekky recipes - ideally 10-15 min prep time!